2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

CLE down 9 with 8 minutes left.

"Let's go for 2"!!!!!

Now down by 9 but Ravens have the ball.

Freddy kitchens has been coaching over his head all season. All 31 other coaches and 99% of coordinators/assistants know to kick the PAT there but Freddy has got to embarrass himself again and overthink it, or maybe underthink it who knows. They need to fire that useless turd before anything else. I’d say go after the ravens coordinator in the off-season and let him work with baker to get his mechanics and accuracy he has lost since last year, and also tell him to keep his mouth shut.

3 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

If the Cowboys can’t beat the Eagles, who are missing like 20 guys and playing players who were in street clothes last week, every Cowboys coach needs to be fired immediately following the game. 

They should have after losing to the jets

4 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

If the Cowboys can’t beat the Eagles, who are missing like 20 guys and playing players who were in street clothes last week, every Cowboys coach needs to be fired immediately following the game. 

Playing players who were in street clothes last week?  They've started guys this year that were in street clothes the previous week - not even on a practice squad.  I don't see how they keep this up against Dallas.  They needed to come out exactly like they did, and not make any mistakes.  Unfortunately (for the Eagles), they've made a few, and rather than potentially being up 17-0, only 10-3.  That's a big deal, and will bite them.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

15 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Playing players who were in street clothes last week?  They've started guys this year that were in street clothes the previous week - not even on a practice squad.  I don't see how they keep this up against Dallas.  They needed to come out exactly like they did, and not make any mistakes.  Unfortunately (for the Eagles), they've made a few, and rather than potentially being up 17-0, only 10-3.  That's a big deal, and will bite them.

I’m not sure, they’ve been containing zeke, and dak had to get a cortisone shot in his shoulder and cooper is gimpy. I think the eagle can hold them off with their defense. They also have the inept coach clap on their sideline making the calls.

Bengals almost blew it by going to overtime but officially clinched the number one draft pick falling to the Dolphins in OT. Knowing how incompetent Mike Brown is instead of picking Joe Burrow he will likely do something stupid like trade the number one pick for Mr Irrelevant. Either way Merry Clinchmas everyone!

Signature intentionally left blank

Just now, Dilbert said:

Bengals almost blew it by going to overtime but officially clinched the number one draft pick falling to the Dolphins in OT. Knowing how incompetent Mike Brown is instead of picking Joe Burrow he will likely do something stupid like trade the number one pick for Mr Irrelevant. Either way Merry Clinchmas everyone!

He’ll go all in on tanking for tua and draft a kid that can’t even walk

47 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

46 minutes ago, dont care said:

He’ll go all in on tanking for tua and draft a kid that can’t even walk

Neither will mean a thing if they don't build a O-line in front of [insert QB here] to keep whichever they draft upright (and doubly so if they go with Tua, what with the whole hip thing and all). And I also continue to be dumbfounded at how SOOOOO many personnel execs--you know, the people who are supposed to kinda be good at this stuff--keep thinking that drafting the latest hot college QB is gonna solve all their problems and turn around their fortunes all in one shot. News flash, personnel exec people: no QB in the world, I don't care how physically gifted, will survive long-term without a DECENT O-LINE TO PROTECT HIM! When will teams figure this out?

Okay, they want a case study? Take a good look at the Tennessee NFL franchise. For years they trotted Marcus Mariota out there behind subpar O-lines (two seasons ago was pretty much an aberration for the better, but still), and look what it's done to him. Yes some of that is Marcus' own doing, but still...can't well protect your 295-quazillion-dollar investment when you got swiss cheese and turnstiles "protecting" him.

Want a case study part two? Look how the Jacksonville Jaguars built their team from scratch (I'm talking back in 1995). Someone was smart...they built both O-line and D-line FIRST, then stuck role players in behind them. (Remember, Tony Boselli was that franchise's first ever draft pick out of college.) Many remember Mark Brunell having all kinds of success behind that line, especially with the aforementioned Boselli protecting his front side*, but remember Steve Beuerlein started out that gate as their #1 QB that first season before Brunell took over.

But then, who am I? Just some schmuck writing from a truck in the cornplains of BFE northwest Ohio, so whatevs... 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

/rant

*Funny how things turn out...the Jaguars drafted Boselli to protect their QB's blind side, not realizing it'd end up being a lefty who would lead them for so many years.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

...Can this season be over yet?

The best gift the Cowboys can give me, as a fan, is a complete clean house of the coaching staff.

Everyone needs to go. 

I still want want to see a Kellen Moore offense without Garrett’s influence, and Colombo can stay, but everyone else needs to be fired. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

8 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Everyone needs to go. 

I still want want to see a Kellen Moore offense without Garrett’s influence, and Colombo can stay, but everyone else needs to be fired. 

I think Moore does deserve one chance to really be able to fully run the offense; something I don't think he was completely able to do this season. A lot of these people are good guys (like Marinelli), and that's nice and all; but being a nice guy isn't going to help win you football games.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Why would any proven head coach want that job as long as JJ is the GM?  They'd have to get someone either desperate for their first job or a retread.  I think hiring college coaches with no NFL experience as head coaches is silly, but even if that's what they wanted to do, why would the 'name' guys come?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Who is Travis Homer and why are the Seahawks running their offense through him?

Stinking injury bug... BTW, why is Arizona beating them? Are they looking ahead to next week and forgetting the fact that the Cards have been nothing short of a bugaboo in Seattle???

1 minute ago, Seadragon76 said:

Stinking injury bug... BTW, why is Arizona beating them? Are they looking ahead to next week and forgetting the fact that the Cards have been nothing short of a bugaboo in Seattle???

It's Brett Hundley time!

The Cardinals have replaced the Rams as the bad NFC West team that gives the Hawks fits at home.

Seattle's played better on the road this season; maybe not having a home game in the playoffs will be good for them.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Might not be a bad thing considering that they're 7-1 on the road, but the playoffs are a far different beast. In my mind, I don't want to take a chance having to go to New Orleans or Green Bay in either the Divisional Round or the NFC Championship Game.

Going to Dallas or Philly in the Wild Card round? Sure, especially knowing how weak both teams are and, in the case of the Eagles, Seattle already went there and beat them.

*sigh*

Should I be thankful that Seattle had a stinker of a game this week against Arizona and (hopefully) not next week with the Niners coming in and all the attention the game will have being on Sunday Night Football will have?

Archived