2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

What is it with NFL referees and the Saints?  They screwed them out of a fumble recovery for a touchdown today.  They blew the end of the first half in the Monday night game last week.  Almost have to watch their games just to see what the refs will do to them next.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, See Red said:

They look like they could go 0-16 and lose every game by 30+ points.

They've given up over 100 points already, having played just two games.

Yeesh.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

5 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

Saints not doing too well against the Rams.

So much for a grudge match.

Um, you do realize their future hall of fame QB went out with a serious hand injury during the 2nd offensive series, right?

Surprised they stayed in it as long as they did.  Bridgewater shouldn't even be in as backup, Taysom Hill should.

Regardless, this is a good look at a Brees-less Saints team. And as expected, it ain't pretty.

It is what it is.

Awesome choke job by the Bears.

Why do I even bother with this team?

So, uh, since I'm in San Diego, I didn't get to see the Bears game on TV. I was getting ready to post the above and then the notification popped up on my phone. I really shouldn't be so hasty.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

5 hours ago, Brass said:

Fouts and Eagle ssssuuuucccckkkkkkkkk.

CBS’ announcing crew is one-deep. Nantz-Romo is very good and in contention for best in the game (as they should be), Greg Gumbel and Kevin Harlan and their respective color guys are alright, but behind them CBS is just brutal. 

I really enjoyed Brandon Gaudin and Cris Carter on the Ravens game today, thought CC was pretty insightful and added good stuff to the broadcast. 

spacer.png

Wait - so a QB diving forward for the end zone is "giving himself up"???? What the mothereffing eff?  I really don't know why anyone watches this trash that's so arbitrarily judged.  Is every instance of a QB diving forward treated this way?  I get the baseball slide, but jesus - you're telling me a QB can't even dive anymore?  It's one thing when the fans don't know the rules, it's another when the players don't, and it's yet another when they're applied sometimes but not others.  Screw this stupid league.  Everyone on the competition committee needs to get a terminal disease, and then be punched repeatedly in the face as they're taking their final breath (with their children watching in horror, and then their children should be punched in the face.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

Carson Wentz is a freak of nature...

but isn't allowed to dive forward.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 Eagles starters entered concussion protocol tonight (all eventually cleared)

4 starters and 1 kinda stater out for the game in the 1st q (none of the ones mentioned above). Can’t be disappointed with this loss, considering they had several opportunities to win (as long as the QB doesn’t jump forward) with backup offensive players (no starting WRs). 

16 hours ago, JWhiz96 said:

I guess a top five draft spot is nice. Though I guess it isn't if the dumbass FO is gonna reach on a "project" DB again.

Fire Tomlin, fire Butler.

you're going to luck into the next Roethlisberger in your first bad season in 15 years. I'd bet my house on this. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

I said I wasn't going to let football ruin my mood after the 2015 playoff debacle and I'm finding that easier with each passing season. I don't really miss it. Yesterday I watched the Bengals go 3 and out, then give up an easy touchdown. Old me would've sat through that mess stewing mad. New me went outside and did yardwork and hung out with my new puppy. I told a group chat to text me if a miracle happened. It was a really pleasant afternoon. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

52 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

I didn't watch any of the Dallas game as I was enjoying my Sunday at Knoebels. The score was 31-21, yes, but according to my Dad they played rather sloppy.

Well, they have Miami next, a team who's given up about 120 points so far through 2 weeks. At least score 28 guys.

Dallas opened as a 15 point favorite...it is now up to 21.

Archived