2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

20 hours ago, ninersdd said:

49ers have turned the clock back to the 80s and 90s today. Way too easy!

They might be 4-0 (home games with Steelers & Browns) going into the Rams game but the loss of Staley stings big time. 

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, McCarthy said:

you're going to luck into the next Roethlisberger in your first bad season in 15 years. I'd bet my house on this. 

The moment Rodgers was drafted by Green Bay, I knew he’d be a superstar.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

3 hours ago, McCarthy said:

you're going to luck into the next Roethlisberger in your first bad season in 15 years. I'd bet my house on this. 

Please be wrong . . . Please be wrong . . . Please be wrong.

I'm hoping this isn't 2004 redux, with Roethlisberger playing the role of the injured Tommy Maddox.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Big Ben calls it quits, with this injury.  He's been talking retirement for the last few years, and I know he just signed an extension this past offseason.  However, he wouldn't be the first star player to walk away from the middle of a big-money contract.

1 hour ago, leopard88 said:

Please be wrong . . . Please be wrong . . . Please be wrong.

I'm hoping this isn't 2004 redux, with Roethlisberger playing the role of the injured Tommy Maddox.

I typed a whole bunch of stuff about how it should feel good that the world's fattest piece of human s*** and the worst people alive finally have to choke on a season, but I don't know that they will yet and also I'm pretty sure that in a year it'll end up working out for them so I can't even enjoy this and I cut it out of this post. But no, nothing would surprise me less if Mason Rudolph turns out to be Tom Brady 2. 

Anyways, the Patriots are going to win the AFC. They'll beat the Chiefs at home in the AFC Championship game because the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills will hand them 5 wins, if not the full 6. If you care about who loses to them in the playoffs then the rest of the field is wide open.

PvO6ZWJ.png

41 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Brees injury might be enough to take the Saints out of Home-field, but their division is so bad they'l still likely end up 3 seed at worst. 

I don't know. The Falcons looked pretty solid last night. The Saints could easily lose the division and miss out on the post-season without Brees.

4 hours ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

I didn't watch any of the Dallas game as I was enjoying my Sunday at Knoebels. The score was 31-21, yes, but according to my Dad they played rather sloppy.

Well, they have Miami next, a team who's given up about 120 points so far through 2 weeks. At least score 28 guys.

Sloppy first quarter, then the Cowboys put their foot on the gas and blew the Redskins out. The game wasn't as close as score indicates. We were down 7-0 early, then outscored the Washington 31-7 before they had a late TD.

Definitely some things to clean up. But it's a nice change to play a little sloppy and still blow out a division rival. Last season, yesterday would have been a close game.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

54 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Anyways, the Patriots are going to win the AFC. They'll beat the Chiefs at home in the AFC Championship game because the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills will hand them 5 wins, if not the full 6. If you care about who loses to them in the playoffs then the rest of the field is wide open.

You know, I don't mind it. Andy Reid might be one of my least favorite people ever in sports. I'd love for the Chiefs to start winning the minute he meets with an unfortunate accident (e.g., falling off of the top of his Mormon church after being forced up their by the ghosts of his dead sons who he didn't care about). 

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

I don't know. The Falcons looked pretty solid last night. The Saints could easily lose the division and miss out on the post-season without Brees.

If Falcons are good Saints could miss out on the division. 

But their schedule looks too easy for them to miss out completely. 

Seahawks & Cowboys are their next 2 games, and those might just be their toughest all season. 

1 hour ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Brees injury might be enough to take the Saints out of Home-field, but their division is so bad they'l still likely end up 3 seed at worst. 

Ben is done I think. If he still wants to play, Steelers should trade him and just fully embrace a rebuild. 

So if Ben is done, does that mean the Steelers' season is over?

2 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

I’d argue that the Falcons didn’t look that good. The Eagles lost an insane number of significant players, and still win the game if Agholor catches an easy ball. Jones is incredible, but they’re pedestrian after that.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, Red Wolf said:

Yes, but also it was already done.

Yeah, 0-2 actually probably is a pretty big hole with Baltimore's offense clicking the way it is and Cleveland looking to be bitey, if nothing else.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

#Pray4TheJets

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived