2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

5 hours ago, Red Comet said:

You have a lot more confidence in the Chiefs making a conference championship game than I do. I don't see them losing the West simply because the rest of the division is hot garbage but if they win a playoff game it'll be a miracle. 

As easy as it is to say fire Reid, my only question is who would actually be an improvement over him? He has some very glaring flaws but his unemployment period was very brief for a reason. 

The West isn't the only garbage division, it's the AFC in general. The Ravens lead the AFC North though I still feel like Cleveland is the best team in the division (at 2-4 no less) - there should be no way the Steelers should be in playoff contention after they're horrid start, but they are. Outside of the Empire the AFC East is once again hot garbage (call me a skeptic but I still don't believe in the Bills). The AFC South might be the conference's best division, as the Texans and Colts are both legit playoff teams and while they aren't very good, the Jags are at least competitive. The West isn't great but it's still better than the North, we all know KC's the best team out there, not sold on Baltimore.

In any case it doesn't really matter because the conference failed to improve while NE's defense is now reaching historic levels of greatness. It's going to be an ugly January for teams southwest of Connecticut.

NSFCvyu.png

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rams:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

18 minutes ago, rams80 said:

Rams:

That Goff contract was a bit of a head-scratcher when he signed it, it could very well be the worst contract in the NFL by the time it’s done. It might already be there. 

It could very well be one NFC Title for this Rams team and that’s it. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Crabcake47 said:

That Goff contract was a bit of a head-scratcher when he signed it, it could very well be the worst contract in the NFL by the time it’s done. It might already be there. 

Not as long as that Kirk Cousins contract exists. 

1 hour ago, Crabcake47 said:

Not as bad as gurleys

1 hour ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Not as long as that Kirk Cousins contract exists. 

Cousins’ deal is over next year. Goff’s extension means he’s locked up until 2024, and they ain’t trading that contract. Goff seems like the definition of a system QB and now he’s even struggling in that system. 

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Not as bad as gurleys

Good point. That one looks especially egregious with all the injuries and stuff. All goes to my point that the Rams’ potential NFC dynasty looks like it’s over even before it got started. 

spacer.png

Yeah, the Rams have issues all over, and I don't know what to do about it.

Defensively, idk, blame the injuries. Overall, they haven't been *that* bad.

Offensively, look, I know it's easy to just bash on Goff, but he isn't the one mainly at fault. I think the blame lays at the feet of the offensive line and McVay's playcalling. O-Line has been terrible, and since, yes, we've determined Goff isn't great against heavy pressure, the faulty play of the O-Line has put Goff in horrible positions, not to mention not opening the running lanes the ground game to set up the play-action pass/relieve that pressure on Goff. (Some of that O-Line issue could be put on GM Les Snead/McVay's personnel decisions in the offseason, too.) And for all the offensive genius praise hyped upon McVay (and I was right there too), he's made more than a few strange decisions.

Particularly, I thought he handled the passing game terribly yesterday. After averaging around 44 attempts per game through 5 weeks, Goff only threw 24 times yesterday? He was only at 10 or 12 attempts late into the 3rd quarter too. After averaging 330 yards per game through 5 weeks (including games of 517 and 395 the previous two weeks, Goff only gets 78 yards yesterday? I know he missed a couple open deep shots, but that kind of a drop goes beyond one guy.

On the other side, huge credit to the 49ers defense. They showed up big in a very clear and obvious way. When they weren't bringing the pressure, they were covering everything deep. Rams had nowhere to go, and never found a way around it. 0-9 on 3rd Down and 0-4 on 4th down says it all. They got the Rams off the field.

Now would be the perfect time for a bye, but there's still two more weeks. However, it's at Atlanta and in London against the Bengals before the bye. It's IMPERATIVE that the Rams win these next two. Two very beatable teams before regrouping for the Steelers/Bears/Ravens/Seahawks/Cowboys/Niners in the back half of the schedule. Clearly not happy with the last three weeks, but plenty of time to get right.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I didn't see this in real time, but it's an example of NFL officiating swinging momentum and taking the game away from players: https://deadspin.com/patrick-mahomess-first-pick-of-the-season-happened-afte-1839032935 .

On the other hand, I'm not in love with free plays like those, so maybe it would be better if they were just whistled dead? Who's to say.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Didn't even bother to turn on the game yesterday. I was getting texts from people telling me that Lamar Jackson was running wild and I opted instead to use the nice weather to fix the gutters on my garage. It's a really cool detached garage built in the 1930's that the previous owner allowed to fall into disrepair through sheer negligence. They let the leaves and debris pile up without ever cleaning them, which is annoying because it took me maybe six minutes to scoop them out. They're like 8 feet off the ground, all you need is a step ladder. Not cleaning the leaves created a lot of weight, which over time pulled down the gutters, which caused rain water to run back into the garage, which meant all of the wood on the fascia and the first row of wood under the shingles was rotted out and needed to be replaced. I found some white weatherproof pvc boards, fixed the roof and replaced the bad shingles. I also threw a couple coats of paint on the white trim to match our new PVC fascia and it's looking functional, watertight, and spiffy. It was a really beautiful day and even if the Bengals had won I wouldn't have cared. That's where I'm at now. I don't care about this sport. Goodbye forever, NFL. You're our worst sport. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

I didn't see this in real time, but it's an example of NFL officiating swinging momentum and taking the game away from players: https://deadspin.com/patrick-mahomess-first-pick-of-the-season-happened-afte-1839032935 .

On the other hand, I'm not in love with free plays like those, so maybe it would be better if they were just whistled dead? Who's to say.

Most of what I read (on the deadspin comments; full disclosure) is that Mahomes threw the ball before the flag was thrown.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

Not stopping the run and not running the ball had more to do with us losing than a sketchy call. Yeah, the call sucked, but we should've executed. We didn't and now Chiefs Kingdom (btw, :censored:ing hate that astroturfed fanbase name but I'm using it here) is wanting Reid's head.

Of course, if they beat Denver and Green Bay, the fans will act like all that anger never even happened. Oh well.

Really, beyond anything else? I'm just tired of people screaming "Rigged!" when things don't go their way. Not you or anyone in particular. Just, in general. 

4 hours ago, DG_Now said:

There was also I believe SIX straight plays where a flag was thrown on the Cowboys last drive of the game.

1 hour ago, TrueYankee26 said:

There was also I believe SIX straight plays where a flag was thrown on the Cowboys last drive of the game.

I was watching that live. Truly incredible. 

spacer.png

Archived