2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

50 minutes ago, Tracy Jordan said:

And the Bills had a shot at all three of them. Mahomes, Watson and Jackson all rank in the top five in QBR this season, while Josh Allen ranks 25th.

But wait I thought Lamar couldn't throw?  And that he's a running back?

spacer.png

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tracy Jordan said:

And the Bills had a shot at all three of them. Mahomes, Watson and Jackson all rank in the top five in QBR this season, while Josh Allen ranks 25th.

I don't disagree that all three are outperforming Josh Allen, but the Bills (incredibly) have the best record of among Houston, KC, Baltimore and Buffalo.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

37 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I don't disagree that all three are outperforming Josh Allen, but the Bills (incredibly) have the best record of among Houston, KC, Baltimore and Buffalo.

I think of all the teams outside Baltimore who drafted QB’s in that first round, the Bills are probably the happiest at the moment. Baker could still turn out to be great and Darnold has shown flashes, but Allen seems to have had the most success. Need I mention Josh Rosen?

On a different note, former NFL GM and (unfortunately) current Baltimore afternoon sports radio show host Vinny Cerrato spent most of last week proclaiming that he thought the Jets had a decent shot at an upset tonight. Hate to see the Pats win, always and forever, but it is nice to see such a dumb take receive its comeuppance. 

spacer.png

14 hours ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

Jason Garrett, I think, is the living embodiment of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. So many times they play like dog[censored] one week (like against the Jets), only to follow it up the next week with a throughly dominating performance.

This team is either red hot, or ice cold; there is rarely any in-between.

But nowhere near to the degree of the Snatit...no team has outsnatited the Snatit since at least 2015, probably even going back to 2013. I think the residue of Jeff Fisher done really screwed that organization big time.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

5 hours ago, AustinFomBoston said:

team with a good pass rush is really going to give them hell. 

Then the Ravens game is a loss. The Ravens’ pass rush has pretty much been nonexistent this year. The guy they brought back at the beginning of the year to be a rotational/veteran leader type guy, Pernell McPhee, ended up having to play almost every snap because he was the only one who got some pressure on the QB, and he just tore his triceps. I think the Pats beat us and it’s not close honestly. 

spacer.png

9 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

I think of all the teams outside Baltimore who drafted QB’s in that first round, the Bills are probably the happiest at the moment. Baker could still turn out to be great and Darnold has shown flashes, but Allen seems to have had the most success. Need I mention Josh Rosen?

Nothing would make me happier to see Baker Mayfield bust, but I think their issues this year are not on him. I think the Browns really missed on the Freddie Kitchens hire and their offensive line is trash so Baker's running dumb play calls while worried about his protection, which from what I hear from football people means his line of sight has shifted and he's not seeing his receivers well. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

On 10/20/2019 at 6:27 PM, Crabcake47 said:

The Bears took Mitchell Trubisky over Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson. That is all. 

Most of the time in the draft we really have no idea who's going to be a good QB and who isn't. I thought Jameis Winston and Marcus Marriota were can't miss picks. I thought Ryan Leaf would be better. I thought Mahomes and Watson were good picks. I was 50/50 on Lamar Jackson, although I wanted the Bengals to take him. 

But the thing that's so funny about the Bears trading up to take Trubisky is pretty much everyone knew it was a bad decision at that moment. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

Most of the time in the draft we really have no idea who's going to be a good QB and who isn't. I thought Jameis Winston and Marcus Marriota were can't miss picks. I thought Ryan Leaf would be better. I thought Mahomes and Watson were good picks. I was 50/50 on Lamar Jackson, although I wanted the Bengals to take him. 

But the thing that's so funny about the Bears trading up to take Trubisky is pretty much everyone knew it was a bad decision at that moment. 

Excellent point. I remember everyone criticizing the Niners for hiring John Lynch as the GM, and then everyone kind of sat up and paid attention when he fleeced Chicago for that pick. 

And really, the egregious move (notwithstanding the trade up) was passing on Watson. I don’t think anyone knew Mahomes would turn out to be the megastar he did, but plenty of people were high on Watson going into the draft IIRC. 

spacer.png

10 hours ago, Brass said:

I think the timetable is off on this.  The Titans cut the ghost midseason in 2021 and the Patriots sign him off the street that season.

9 hours ago, Red Comet said:

Not so fast, they're going to play the Ravens in a couple of weeks at Baltimore. I think Lamar Jackson and Co. finally topple the Pats.

One thing about the Ravens is that, even though they've taken some lumps against the Pats like everyone else, they've never looked like they were intimidated by them or spooked simply by the presence of the Patriot Mystigue.

In 2007, a Ravens team that finished 5-11 took the 19-0 Patriots to the wire . . . and probably would have beaten them if not for an ill timed timeout called by (defensive coordinator!) Rex Ryan. They've also beaten them twice in Foxborough in the playoffs . . . and might have made it 3 out of 4 if not for Lee Evans and Billy Cundiff.  🤬🤬🤬

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

1 hour ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Patriots get Mohamed Sanu for a 2nd round pick. 

3-1 odds he throws a pass against the Ravens.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived