2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

14 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

The Cowboys can’t beat good teams.

The Bills are a good team.

Sigh. Please fire Garrett. If the Eagles don’t end up winning this division, I’ll be shocked. 

Apparently, the Eagles can even lose to the Dolphins, and win the division at 9-7 if they beat NYG twice, WAS, and DAL (if DAL wins out too, which isn’t a sure thing). If Carson Wentz can focus on football for even 5 mins, they might have a chance, but where his head is at these days, I’d rather Jim McCown (it is it John?) play. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, DG_Now said:

And I thought that was bull :censored:. Tyrod was run out of Buffalo for the worst reasons.

Yeah, that was some straight bullcorn--but I/we'll digress on that for now...

17 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Sigh. Please fire Garrett. 

The Cowboys won't win jack until Jerruh fires himself. The sooner people realize that, the better.

17 hours ago, dont care said:

They should fire him just so they can admit this is a lost season and focus on finding a better coach for next.

See above.

16 hours ago, DG_Now said:

I mean, who can say? Allen is leading all QBs in rushing TDs and certainly doesn't lose the Bills games. His legs stretch the defense and he's as likely to throw as to run. It can be a challenge to game plan for a QB like that and after a certain point, you need to give him credit for excelling at what he's asked to do.

I watched a little bit of him while he was still at Wyoming. (By the way, can we big-up Wyoming just a little bit for a moment? Who was the last half-high-profile impact player to make it out of there to the NFL...Jim Kiick, maybe?) This may be just a function of current football uniform fit, but I didn't realize until last night now big Josh Allen is--he's basically a more athletic Ben Roethlisberger. I'll say this, though: I'm impressed with him. I can see he still has some things to work on, but for this being his second year I think he's doing pretty alright up there.

15 hours ago, dont care said:

The way he runs will get him killed. He never gives himself up and will continue to miss games because of it.

At some point, coaches (and fans) will really need to learn how to let a guy be who he is and scheme around him--see Jackson, Lamar in Baltimore for a perfect example, and Mariota, Marcus in Tennessee for the exact opposite. It is true Josh Allen may need to learn the value of "business decisions" vis a vis his body--he can call Deion Sanders about team--but at the same time, not so much to the point of neutering his personality, if that's what gives him his competitive edge. 

4 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

It should be concerning for Dallas (and the rest of the NFL) how much Buffalo manhandled them last night. I personally had written Buffalo off as being a product of their schedule, but now I’m not so sure. I can see them winning a game in the playoffs and once you’ve done that, anything can happen. 

Save for the fact they're still looking up at NE, yeah, I agree. People may wanna start taking this squad a little more seriously going into the back stretch. As it is, they're currently at the head of the wild card race, with a better record thus far than both Houston and KC. (Not for nothing, but the team currently on their tail at #6 is--who else--the 3rd-string-QB-starting Pittsburgh Steelers, because of course they're in the race.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

17 hours ago, dont care said:

The way he runs will get him killed. He never gives himself up and will continue to miss games because of it.

Nevertheless, he’s persisted.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

1 hour ago, AustinFomBoston said:

So after only needing 2 kickers in the past 2 decades, Patriots are already on their 4th in the last 3 months. 

hopefully Kai Forbath works out well for them. 

I think it’s just for the week. Folk should be back next week

1 hour ago, AustinFomBoston said:

They actually cut Folk, so IDK. 

definitely the one position you don’t think the Patriots would have so much trouble with, given their history. 

Cut to open up the roster spot and sign back once he’s healthy. He’s the best option available right now (which is saying something for how lousy kicking is right now) 

8 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Apparently, the Eagles can even lose to the Dolphins, and win the division at 9-7 if they beat NYG twice, WAS, and DAL (if DAL wins out too, which isn’t a sure thing). If Carson Wentz can focus on football for even 5 mins, they might have a chance, but where his head is at these days, I’d rather Jim McCown (it is it John?) play. 

Plus the Cowboys have to play the Bears in Chicago next Thursday, then the Rams at home the following week.

Does anybody actually think the Cowboys will win either of those games? Seriously?

Dallas needs to win at least one of them (or the Eagles to lose one game in the next 3) to ensure that the Week 16 match means something. 

I don’t trust them at all. 

And I’m hearing that the Cowboys are done with Garrett, he’s lost the team and the FO intends on moving on this offseason, but my question is if you already know you’re letting Garrett go, why wait until after the season? Why prolong the misery?

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

1 hour ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Plus the Cowboys have to play the Bears in Chicago next Thursday, then the Rams at home the following week.

Does anybody actually think the Cowboys will win either of those games? Seriously?

Dallas needs to win at least one of them (or the Eagles to lose one game in the next 3) to ensure that the Week 16 match means something. 

I don’t trust them at all. 

And I’m hearing that the Cowboys are done with Garrett, he’s lost the team and the FO intends on moving on this offseason, but my question is if you already know you’re letting Garrett go, why wait until after the season? Why prolong the misery?

They’ll probably beat the rams especially if they have nothing to play for. Chicago’s a toss up because both teams are jekyll and Hyde 

Allen is really coming around as of late. He put the ball in some tight spots and has been way more accurate in these last four weeks than in the first eight. Plus, getting a big win on the road like that in his first national TV game was huge. He's still far from looking like an elite QB, but at least he's already playing better than the last two Bills' first round QBs, who turned out to be total busts.

8 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

All these kickers looking terrible has me thankful for Harrison Buttker. 

At this rate, I'm wondering if good kickers are going to start demanding a lot more money.

take it for what it’s worth, but the eagles just extended theirs... and they’re usually ahead of the curve*

*unless they’re drafting ass faced QBs like Donovan McNabb and Carson “All Praise To God” Wentz. 

Practice more. Pray less. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 hours ago, Red Comet said:

All these kickers looking terrible has me thankful for Harrison Buttker. 

At this rate, I'm wondering if good kickers are going to start demanding a lot more money.

Same goes for us and Justin Tucker. Having a reliable, good kicker isn’t that important until it is. 

spacer.png

Do the IR rules allow for guy to return for postseason?  The Eagles IRd Desean Jackson a few weeks ago after he had surgery, and said that his season was over, but I just heard that if the Eagles make the playoffs, he could return.  I know they changed the IR rules a couple of seasons ago, but is this true?

13 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Do the IR rules allow for guy to return for postseason?  The Eagles IRd Desean Jackson a few weeks ago after he had surgery, and said that his season was over, but I just heard that if the Eagles make the playoffs, he could return.  I know they changed the IR rules a couple of seasons ago, but is this true?

He needs to be on IR for 8 weeks

24 minutes ago, dont care said:

He needs to be on IR for 8 weeks

So then he can come back (assuming he's really recovered.)  Didn't know that.  If he's healthy, (and in the still-unlikely event that the Eagles sneak in), their odds go up dramatically.  

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

So then he can come back (assuming he's really recovered.)  Didn't know that.  If he's healthy, (and in the still-unlikely event that the Eagles sneak in), their odds go up dramatically.  

As long as they don’t use their 2 slots for people to come back from yes. And an old broken decrepit DJax isn’t helping to eagles get out of the first round.

11 minutes ago, dont care said:

As long as they don’t use their 2 slots for people to come back from yes. And an old broken decrepit DJax isn’t helping to eagles get out of the first round.

Looks like they'd have to win a wild-card-weekend game in order for him to play in the second round... if he's healthy.  I disagree with your assessment of his value, but it's irrelevant anyway since they'd be on the road against a pretty good team in the second round, and unless it's Green Bay, they won't have a chance.

Archived