2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Seadragon76 said:

Of all weeks to lay down a stinker, it had to be this week against the freaking Lambs?!?

UGH!!! Come on, Seattle... I'd rather not have the next-to-last home game mean anything other then prep for the Forty Whiners.

SeaChickens

SeaHags

SquawkHawks

PugetSoundPigeons

I gotta million of'em. 😋😉

Officials are always yelled at and blamed for stuff, but they have been awful this year. 

In the Cards/Steelers game, I saw five blatant holds not called on offense/ST between the two teams. And I’m not talking about ticky-tack or hard-to-see holds. These are obvious holds (one guy for the Cards had his hands in the air in front of a referee while he was getting held) at crucial points in the game, and they aren’t getting called. In fact, I don’t think a single offensive hold was called all game. That’s unheard of. 

There has to be a league standard for this kind of stuff. You have some referee crews that are so strict on holding they call some holds that aren’t even really holding, and you have other crews that just don’t call it. I understand refereeing is a tough job, but things have to change. 

^holding is legal for the Steelers. Always has been.

As for Patriots fans, kindly STFU. "oh so we're just supposed to be happy because we won all those super bowls and not be upset about the officials?" YES. Every team gets hosed by the refs, you least of all, but not every team has gotten to enjoy 6 Super Bowls in this century. Eat your plate of s*** like everyone else and go away. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

9 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

As for Patriots fans, kindly STFU. "oh so we're just supposed to be happy because we won all those super bowls and not be upset about the officials?" YES. Every team gets hosed by the refs, you least of all, but not every team has gotten to enjoy 6 Super Bowls in this century. Eat you plate of s*** like everyone else and go away. 

Somehow, you captured every exact thought I had about Patriots fans and their whining. 

11 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

My goodness Lamar. The ankle snatcher claims another victim. 

That's just cruel and inhumane. What'd that ankle ever do to Lamar, anyway??? 😆😆😆

14 hours ago, Wings said:

Titans & Texans battle twice in the last 3 weeks for the AFC South. 

Yup...and as a (mostly) impartial observer, this gon' be good. I mean, losing at home to the Broncos can't be good for the Texans' morale, while the Snatit Titans (I guess they've earned their nickname back now) just boatraced Oakland on the road. 

I know one thing: if the Texans don't shore up that run defense, they in trouble. Derrick Henry is a man positively possessed right now--and for that matter, so is Ryan Tannehill. But let's let them play the games out. 

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

14 hours ago, Red Comet said:

Patriots fans complaining about officiating has to the be the cherry on this clown sundae we're calling 2019.

Their reaction:

1Hj8Q6j.gif%E2%80%8B%E2%80%8B%E2%80%8B%E

Yes, I just compared whiny Pats fans to the whiniest “responding to accusations/playing the victim” song ever. Granted, most Pats fan aren’t into what this monster was “into.” 🤮

On a lighter, less icky note, I’m glad that I’m home to watch the Niners’ resurgence! It’s enjoyable to have football on in the background again. I don’t really watch, but it’s a nice, familiar feeling.

11 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Just stop. 

Yeah, the nicknames aren’t fun, unless you give them to your team. By that logic, Snatit is OK!

2 hours ago, McCarthy said:

FWIW, it was flagrant on both sides, flagrant enough that it wasn’t as much of a bias thing as much of a “OMG these refs are awful” thing. 

20 minutes ago, ~Bear said:

FWIW, it was flagrant on both sides, flagrant enough that it wasn’t as much of a bias thing as much of a “OMG these refs are awful” thing. 

Heard it a thousand times. With the Steelers it's always "flagrant on both sides" or flagrant in the Steelers' favor. It's never just fairly called. That's the problem. 

Maybe now that the NFL's favorite sons got bit by poor officiating in New England the league will finally enact some true officiating reform. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

Lamar Jackson wore a white sleeve with a white glove and I can't imagine that was an accident, which makes it the baddest move in sports in a long time. This kid is really fun. 

"Hey Tim Ryan! Can you see me now?!"

5 hours ago, McCarthy said:

As for Patriots fans, kindly STFU. "oh so we're just supposed to be happy because we won all those super bowls and not be upset about the officials?" YES. Every team gets hosed by the refs, you least of all, but not every team has gotten to enjoy 6 Super Bowls in this century. Eat your plate of s*** like everyone else and go away. 

Is this directed towards anyone in general here? I don’t think any Patriots fans here who are actual contributing members of the community have made that claim.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

18 minutes ago, Brass said:

Is this directed towards anyone in general here? I don’t think any Patriots fans here who are actual contributing members of the community have made that claim.

Nobody here said exactly those words, of course, but Pats fans en masse, particularly some of the famous ones - Bill Simmons, Katie Nolan, Pete Blackburn were going off on twitter during the game. Obviously those people don't represent all Patriots fans, but there was enough out there last night that it needed to be said before anybody tried any of that nonsense here. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

I watched the first drive of the game where some Patriot begged for a penalty flag on a third down that would have been short, got it, and got the first down. I said "that's enough for me" and went about the rest of my day. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Lamar Jackson wore a white sleeve with a white glove and I can't imagine that was an accident, which makes it the baddest move in sports in a long time. This kid is really fun. 

Well, they were also wearing their white jerseys instead of the black ones so it might just be a matter of color coordination as well. That certainly could explain away the sleeves; I have no clue about gloves and I don't care either.

spacer.png

4 hours ago, McCarthy said:

My son noticed that as soon as the game started. He was way ahead of me.

13 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Well, they were also wearing their white jerseys instead of the black ones so it might just be a matter of color coordination as well. That certainly could explain away the sleeves; I have no clue about gloves and I don't care either.

He usually doesn't wear sleeves or a glove.  He ditched both at halftime.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

16 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

Lambs?!?

Forty Whiners.

14 hours ago, Wings said:

SeaChickens

SeaHags

SquawkHawks

PugetSoundPigeons

I gotta million of'em. 😋😉

It's nowhere near as fun as the annual reminder of how old-world and bigoted Bears fans are whenever they play the Minnesota Bi-Queens, the Green Bay Fudge Packers, and, unfortunately nowhere near as pathetic, the Motor City Kitties.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

29 minutes ago, dont care said:

What’s wrong with kitties that I’m missing?

I was saying that it was the least offensive of all the names by a solid 300 miles.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived