2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

There's still time for them to use my straightforward modification of the 50th anniversary logo.

nfl-100.png

That would be so much better.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

On 7/1/2019 at 9:01 PM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

There's still time for them to use my straightforward modification of the 50th anniversary logo.

nfl-100.png

I would've done the same thing.

In other news, does anyone still remember former Giants backup Jared Lorenzen?

https://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Former-Kentucky-quarterback-Jared-Lorenzen-dies-at-38-512184742.html?fbclid=IwAR2JXkoeeLrL9SQRfgFs5RzZouYihyOyK2KW_8hUImzjvCna9ckPlbMU0oI

1 hour ago, neo_prankster said:

How could I forget the Hefty Lefty? The Pillsbury Throwboy? The Round Mound of Touchdown?

LvZYtbZ.png

I wonder if he was conscious and knew they were going to do it, or if he was out and then woke up without an arm.  Either way, that's awful.  I wonder if he gets any assistance from the league - he'd have health coverage since he was an active player, right?  I wonder if the Dolphins can keep him on the roster on the PUP list or some other loophole just to do him a solid so he can get his bills covered?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

NFL wants to have 18 game regular season were players can only play a maximum of 16 games. Pick and chose what games you want to play your backups. Couldn't they just have a 2 game preseason? Then play an 18 week regular season over 20 weeks?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27177965/smith-18-nfl-games-not-players-best-interest

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

I think that would be a terrible idea. What would happen to teams running the table? Also, backup QBs? Backup O-Line? There aren’t even 32 good kickers, are we expecting there to magically be 64?

4 hours ago, PittsburghSucks said:

This might be the dumbest idea I've ever heard of and I already expect so little of the NFL. They're literally just proposing to move two preseason games into the regular season. "Hey, you know those awesome exhibition games that you don't watch because only the second and third stringers play? Well guess what... Those games matter now!"

i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills.gif

2 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

Why is the NFL so obsessed with 18 games anyway? If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. 

Is this a real question?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

9 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Is this a real question?

Yeah I kinda realized the obvious as I was posting. Still did it for some reason. 🤷🏻‍♂️

spacer.png

16 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

This might be the dumbest idea I've ever heard of and I already expect so little of the NFL. They're literally just proposing to move two preseason games into the regular season. "Hey, you know those awesome exhibition games that you don't watch because only the second and third stringers play? Well guess what... Those games matter now!"

i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills.gif

Not that I'm trying to defend this weird idea, but it seems obvious to me that if you decided your starters could only play 16 games of an 18 game season, you wouldn't be dumb enough to sit all 22 for the same two games.

6 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Not that I'm trying to defend this weird idea, but it seems obvious to me that if you decided your starters could only play 16 games of an 18 game season, you wouldn't be dumb enough to sit all 22 for the same two games.

That's exactly what teams would do, IMO. Coaches don't voluntarily mix their starters with second stringers in games they want to win, unless injuries force them to. There would be no way for the NFL to enforce teams to play certain starters and not others from week to week. The only logical strategy for teams to deal with such a stupid idea would be to either a) sit your first-stringers for a game or two early on in the season so that they can play the entire rest of the way or b) wait until later in the season but risk the possibility of losing meaningful games down the stretch.

29 minutes ago, dont care said:

I really don’t know how you would do this without increasing roster sizes and salary cap which would be a net neutral or a net gain so insignificant it won’t possibly be worth the hassle 

Adding two more regular season games would increase the salary cap automatically due to two more weeks of national TV games (and Total Football Revenue) as opposed to local broadcast of preseason games. Each national TV week gives the NFL approximately $250M, using the current contract.

Archived