2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

8 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I'm just happy he wasn't doing time at high school games. Any guy who goes around the country for high school games and films long sessions of them is bound to raise suspicion of a different nature! ;) 

Do people really do that? 

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION EDIT: There is one scenario that makes sense. If the Pats were going to show the Bengals signaling plays in a documentary about the Patriots then I guess the Pats would need plenty of footage showing Bengals coaches signaling plays. My guess is that the Bengals would not agree to that being a part of the series. That said, I'd be willing to buy the "we wanted to show them signaling plays" excuse over the absurd "eight minutes of B-roll" excuse. 

If that was true, it would be a real life version of the "I was only pretending to be stupid" meme.

12 hours ago, mania said:

Keep in mind that the first report was "the entire first quarter", which was a bold faced lie by people with ESPN. Now, the unofficial report is it's 8 minutes.  Now, if that number even holds, which again, given the way this :censored: gets reported, I have my doubts on... that would not be 8 minutes of clock ticking off. That would be including breaks during commercial breaks, gaps in play when the' clock's dead, etc. This is...maybe a series? (Honestly, I went to game pass to look, but even in their full replay, they cut a lot of that :censored: out). If the scout is doing his job, during a first series, he's probably not looking over at the camera. They're oblivious, shooting what he's looking at. It's either one dumbass camera guy or the dumbest, most blatant :censored:ing front office in the history of the NFL.

Anybody else - dumb camera guy. The Patriots, who're always bending rules and this is like the sixth time they've done something like this - you have to lean to being the most blatant :censored:ing front office in the history of the NFL. They don't get the benefit of the doubt. They don't deserve it. And Unlike Spygate when Goodell stupidly had all the tapes and documents destroyed, it's more likely that this tape gets out because the Bengals have a copy. It's at least more likely that more people will see it than saw the Spygate tapes. I'm pretty certain it's not fake news that they have 8 minutes of sideline footage because I trust fellow Ohio Bobcat Paul Dehner Jr when it comes to this stuff. I've chatted with him a couple times and he's a great guy with no motivation to "Get" the Patriots. 

Any amount of time shooting the sidelines is against the rules. The length of actual gameplay that the Patriots were able to shoot their dirty cheater footage is irrelevant, except to say that 8 minutes is a long time to point a fixed camera on a sideline and would've been longer had they not been stopped. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

23 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Is the Patriots behavior more egregious than the Houston Astros?

Seeing as how this is their third cheating scandal in the past 12 years, of course it's more egregious than the Astros.

What's just as egregious is that Goodell will do nothing to seriously punish the Cheatriots. They'll get a slap on the wrist at most. And then when they ruin the Super Bowl again, the narrative will once again be that it was their "revenge" for getting caught cheating. 

In a way, I almost feel bad for Kraft and Belichick. The NFL is a bunch of grown men getting paid millions to play a kids' game. Those two guys have built it up to be way more important than it really is, to the point where they're constantly having massive cheating scandals unlike any other team. And even beyond the scandals, the whole robotic "do your job" culture takes all the joy out of something that's supposed to be fun. It's just baffling.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

1 hour ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Unfortunately, given their history, Patriots are just always in a no win scenario when it comes to this crap. 

Either they cheated & the NFL punishes them for it. 

Or they actually didn't cheat, in which case the NFL is just covering up for them....again. 

That's what happens when you cheat repeatedly, you lose the benefit of the doubt.

It also doesn't help matters that "we were just filming a documentary" was one of the excuses they were coached to use for the original Spygate. That right there makes the Patriots' story for this scandal impossible to take seriously.

Not only that, but why would a Patriots documentary even need Bengals/Browns sideline footage in the first place?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

21 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

It also doesn't help matters that "we were just filming a documentary" was one of the excuses they were coached to use for the original Spygate.

Probably doesn't matter, because these things usually don't when it comes to the Patriots, but that was one of Matt Walsh's lies that he later recanted on, just like the walkthrough that was never filmed, and all kinds of other bull :censored: that was fake that came from a lot of poor reporting about the initial stuff.

I'm not interested in looking at the Pats as the victim of anything.

No one cares. Everyone hates the Patriots. The trade-off for six titles and destroying the game is people magnify every issue surrounding the team.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

10 Former NFL players including Clinton Portis and Joe Horn are accused of defrauding an NFL health care program of nearly $4,000,000.

I cannot say I'm surprised to see Tamarick Vanover be involved with this. First 20 years ago he gets involved with a weed smuggling scheme with Bam Morris while both are on the Chiefs and now this. What a collection of dumbasses, though. You actually thought you'd get away with requesting medical equipment for a horse in a plan for retired players and their families?

24 minutes ago, See Red said:

Lamar Jackson's going to make Jalen Hurts a lot of money.

I'm all abord the Lamar Jackson hype train. Up and until the Ravens win 6 Super Bowls in 20 years.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

13 hours ago, dfwabel said:

he’s not wrong. Coincidentally, I could make the receiving corps right now... and I’m also currently at a bar. 

Eagles are such an example of how no matter how much talent you have, if you don’t have depth, you’re not a good team. 

their depth won them a super bowl just two seasons ago. It will likely cost them the playoffs this season. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived