2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

The Cowboys have fans, play in a market that actually wants them, and have a winning tradition. Right off the bat, that makes them a better job than the LA Chargers.

If I'm reporting to an owner, I'd rather have an owner who's actually played football and presided over Super Bowl wins than cheapskate Deano and his unqualified sons.

I don't think "tradition" or fans have nearly as much to do with how good a job is as the team structure does.  Under their current structure, no coach can succeed. 

The owner having played football means diddly-poo.  If anything, it hurts, because he thinks he knows more than he does, but he still thinks it's 1950 or 1850 or whenever he played.  It's like someone telling you they know more about the game than you because they played division 3 college football in the 80s.

He didn't "preside" over Super Bowl wins.  Everyone knows that was all Jimmy Johnson, and once Jerry got more involved - maybe right around the Barry Switzer time frame - things went downhill, and are still down.

Being in a situation where there's no pressure could be good for a coach, since he'd be able to take risks and make bold decisions without looking over his shoulder to see  Emperor Palpatine glaring at him.

Other than just being able to say "yeah, I coached the Dallas Cowboys!" it's a lousy job that nobody with any credibility would want - without a total organizational re-org.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AustinFomBoston said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2020/01/01/bill-belichick-patriots-staff-bengals-video-investigation

Goodell must be fuming right now. Yet another one of his sting operation against the patriots failed. 

yet the very article you linked to says they may still be fined and/or punished.  It's just that the coaching staff was cleared.  Not sure why you're bent out of shape about an investigation over inappropriately-captured video footage when it was proven that they have a history of inappropriate videoing of opponents.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 hours ago, Red Comet said:

Unless Jerrah has access to powerful anti-dementia drugs, as time goes on that could be more likely than you think. The man is 77 and I highly doubt he's going to get saner as he ages.

Aaron Rodgers' career has been a waste because the GM he played under during his prime literally went senile on the job. 

The Cowboys have the unfortunate situation of the senile GM also happening to own the team. 

15 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

God, you guys can’t take a joke about the patriots to save your life, can you? 🙄

The only thing about the Patriots that is a joke right now is their offense. 

19 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

God, you guys can’t take a joke about the patriots to save your life, can you? 🙄

jokes are funny

I don’t know if people are putting out predictions here but

Buffalo (10-6) @ Houston (10-6)

Texans 23, Bills 16

Tennessee (9-7) @ New England (12-4)

Patriots 19, Titans 17

Minnesota (10-6) @ New Orleans (13-3)
Saints 38, Vikings 20

Seattle (11-5) @ Philadelphia (9-7)

Seahawks 31, Eagles 23

Bills over Texans

Pats over Titans

Seahawks over Eagles

Saints over Vikings

Pats over Chiefs

Ravens over Bills

Packers over Saints

49ers over Seahawks

Ravens over Pats

49ers over Packers

49ers over Ravens

spacer.png

I'm a dumbass for what I'm about to say, but I think this season is the last gasp for the Patriots. They just lost to Miami in a game they needed to win, Brady is probably playing hurt and definitely playing old, and they didn't look overly impressive against the Bengals or Bills. They'll probably beat the Titans, but winning two road games against the Chiefs and Ravens feels like a tall task. The AFC will put up more competition than it has in years. The Chiefs are better this year than they were last year, the Pats are worse, and the Pats barely escaped Kansas City in last year's AFCCG. 

If the Pats find a way to the Super Bowl again I'll watch, like, Season 3 of Stranger Things again instead. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

I’m going to wait another season or 2 before saying Brady is officially done. 

Sure he’s definitely lost a step or 2, but last year showed he can still play well with a good team around him. 

Which is the problem this year. The offense is at best mediocre, but imo, one of the worst they’ve had in a while. 
They aren’t beating great teams with the like Dorsett, Edelman, Meyers & Harry on offense. Not to mention their TE basically don’t exists anymore, 

I am a conspiracy theorist because it's easier to accept outside forces that failings of my own (or the teams I root for).

I think the Pats have benefitted more than most teams on officiating; both calls made and not made. Both Bills games this season turned on no-calls at key moments that don't show up in box scores or recaps.

The real change in the Pats' fortunes will be if/when they stop getting the officiating benefit of the doubt, whether that's on the field or from the league office after that videotape 8 minutes of their future opponent's playcalling.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

21 hours ago, JG36 said:

I don’t know if people are putting out predictions here but

Buffalo (10-6) @ Houston (10-6)

Texans 23, Bills 16

Tennessee (9-7) @ New England (12-4)

Patriots 19, Titans 17

Minnesota (10-6) @ New Orleans (13-3)
Saints 38, Vikings 20

Seattle (11-5) @ Philadelphia (9-7)

Seahawks 31, Eagles 23

That's pretty good. Yeah, I think all of these games (sans NO-Min) are toss-ups. If the Pats win this week and beat KC, though, I am going to be concerned. I think the fix would be in at that point (to try to get Brady a seventh title and let him ride off into the sunset).

Archived