2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

JJ Watt has played one full season in the last four. We don't really need to make this game about him, do we?

No, but he’s the biggest name, and came back from a torn peck Much quicker than he should have. Same thing they did for ray lewis when he came back from the same injury.

7 hours ago, Brass said:

Well I certainly know who most people are rooting for tonight in the New England/Tennessee game, but I'm feeling nervous about the Patriots, so ya'll might get your wish! There's a lot of chatter here about Tom Brady and it being his last game, and while I don't follow a lot of QB situations throughout the NFL, is there any place for him to actually go? Is there a team in a position to offer a 2-3 year deal for a 42 year old QB? Los Angeles maybe? I'm hoping he retires as a Patriot and even more hoping tonight is not his last game at Gillette. The biggest loss that might rear its head tonight for the Patriots is James Develin. Always a gamer and the key reason why the Patriots have had great RB performances in the first few rounds of the playoffs the last few seasons. I don't remember that guy not coming through for the Patriots.

To the bolded: well...perhaps the team he's taking on tonight, since they're all but certain to give Marcus Mariota the ol' heave-ho whenever their season does end--which could be tonight, if Vrabel goes full-on Whisenhunt Mode* on his former team tonight--which would also play right into the Snatit's tendency to well, go full Snatit at the worst possible time (like two weeks ago at home versus the Texans). And while we're speaking of said Snatit...

Tonight is a tough test though. The Titans are good. Tannehill has found his stride and Derrick Henry is an absolute beast. If they lose, I'll be rooting for Mike Vrabel to take his squad as far as they can go. Are there any big time Titans fans here? I can't think of any off of the top of my head. Good luck tonight, guys! Let's hope for a doozy - playoff football is here!

Um, well, I mean...I guess--okay, I lived in Nashville for almost five years and followed them pretty closely--of course, me christening them as the Snatit probably wouldn't make it seem like I was a fan, but I sorta kinda was...I guess. @ColeJ, provided he's still around, I know is a true [two-tone] blueblood. @Redwolf may also be one, but I can't immediately recall.

*Whisenhunt Mode is a phenomenon wherein the head coach of one team, in trying to "stick it" to his former team, attempts to beat his former team by giving them a dose of their own medicine whereby abandoning the very things that got his team into the postseason to begin with, so named for former Arizona Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt, who, in possibly one of the most idiotic coaching calls of all-time, in an effort to "stick it" to his former team, the Pittsburgh Steelers, in the 2009 Super Bowl, elected to [attempt to] go ground-pound on his former team, abandoning the high-powered aerial offense that got his Cardinals to the Super Bowl in the first place--which a/ failed miserably and v/ (I believe) cost the Cardinals that Super Bowl, and Larry Fitzgerald his best shot at hoisting the Lombardi.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, dont care said:

I’m gonna day the refs made the wrong call there and saved the Texans player from having a brain fart. There is no such thing as a fair catch and you need to kneel down. There is no “give yourself up” rule on kickoffs in the rule book.

Seems like the play of the game to me. Refs gave 6 points to the Texans. They shouldn't be there to save the players from themselves.

But also, Buffalo shouldn't have given up 36 yards in two plays. FFS. Onto the draft!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

4 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Seems like the play of the game to me. Refs gave 6 points to the Texans. They shouldn't be there to save the players from themselves.

But also, Buffalo shouldn't have given up 36 yards in two plays. FFS. Onto the draft!

Allen's best pass of the game was called back on a Holding call on Kroft.  That 3rd Down pass to that Duke Williams cat was a grown a$$ man throw. 

2 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Josh Allen shows up for national TV games. More Bills in 2020 season pls.

But what the F was that lateral attempt?  Dude has GRAPEFRUITS, but, but no noodle.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 1/2/2020 at 7:03 PM, DG_Now said:

I am a conspiracy theorist because it's easier to accept outside forces that failings of my own (or the teams I root for).

I think it's naive to think that games aren't influenced, whether it be due to the networks, Vegas, or other reasons.  Some of the calls are so bad - even after replay - that there's no reasonable opposing POV.  It's impossible to straight-up fix a game, but weighing or tilting is easy.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

But what the F was that lateral attempt?  Dude has GRAPEFRUITS, but, but no noodle.

He wanted to stop the clock. The crazy thing is it worked.

You know that if Brady or Rodgers did something like that the announcers would talk up how brilliant it was. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived