2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

Then what about the gifted first down at the start of the final drive? Or the "lolwhatev" TD taken away from the Bills? Or the bogus personal foul? Maybe one call isn't everything, but the totality is that the refs actively favor one team and make it harder for the other to win.

And jokes on the league anyway; the Bills = ratings. They also dump Houston in the early Saturday game anyway and they wanted to move JJ Watt forward? Again, rigged ass league.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was also a Bills fumble recovery where a Texan came in very, very late and started some :censored:, and the refs awarded penalities to both teams. The Bills ended with a FG on that drive starting from around the Houston 40 instead of Houston 25 like they should have.

I hope Derrick Henry gets 700 rushing yards today and the Pats lose by 30.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

20 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Then what about the gifted first down at the start of the final drive? Or the "lolwhatev" TD taken away from the Bills? Or the bogus personal foul? Maybe one call isn't everything, but the totality is that the refs actively favor one team and make it harder for the other to win.

And jokes on the league anyway; the Bills = ratings. They also dump Houston in the early Saturday game anyway and they wanted to move JJ Watt forward? Again, rigged ass league.

I didn't see most of the game so I can only say what I saw.  But... "Bills = ratings"?  Is that sarcasm?  I don't think Houston is the ratings machine its market size would indicate, marketing marketing Watson against Jackson is better than anything they could come up with for Buffalo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, BringBackTheVet said:

But... "Bills = ratings"?  Is that sarcasm? 

The Sabres are a huge rating draw for NBC Sports, despite the market's small size and the team's relative ineptitude over the past few years. Buffalo fans are just really loyal to their team, and it translates to the market punching above its weight. It's why the Sabres can be G-dawful and still get prime time slots on NBC or NBC Sports.

I would imagine it's probably the same for the Bills, if not more so.

4 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

The Sabres are a huge rating draw for NBC Sports, despite the market's small size and the team's relative ineptitude over the past few years. Buffalo fans are just really loyal to their team, and it translates to the market punching above its weight. It's why the Sabres can be G-dawful and still get prime time slots on NBC or NBC Sports.

The thing is football is a national draw, it doesn’t matter who’s playing, but I can guarantee you more people tune in to watch jj watt and Watson than they do the bills. Hockey isn’t like football where you stay up to watch the Tuesday night game and don’t care who the teams are like football. You’ll only watch if your team is playing. I guess what I’m saying is more casual fans will watch every other playoff team except maybe the titans over the bills.

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2019/11/bills-cowboys-ratings-thanksgiving-most-watched-cbs/

Thursday’s Bills-Cowboys NFL Thanksgiving special averaged a 13.5 rating and 32.64 million viewers on CBS, marking the largest regular season NFL audience since Thanksgiving 2016 (Washington-Dallas: 35.10M). 

It trails only the 2016 game as the most-watched regular season telecast since Patriots-Giants in 2007, which aired on three networks (33.39M), and the most-watched on Thanksgiving since 1998 (Vikings-Cowboys: 32.7M). 

Buffalo’s win, which peaked with 35.45 million in the fast-nationals, also delivered the largest regular season audience on CBS since Patriots-Colts in 2007 (33.82M), and its largest Thanksgiving audience since 1992.

https://www.bing.com/amp/s/www.syracuse.com%2fbuffalo-bills%2f2019%2f12%2fbuffalo-bills-vs-patriots-was-nfl-networks-most-watched-exclusive-game-in-3-years.html%3foutputType%3damp

The Buffalo Bills are going to have their fair share of prime-time games in 2020. 

Since Thanksgiving Day, the Bills have delivered ratings for CBS, NBC and now the NFL Network. 

NFL Media shared on Sunday that the Bills’ Saturday afternoon matchup against the New England Patriots was the NFL Network’s most-watched exclusive game in three years.

NFL Media added that the Bills-Patriots matchup was the second most-watched Saturday game overall in the network’s history. Only a 2009 matchup between the Cowboys and Saints fared better in the ratings. 

The Bills also delivered ratings on Thanksgiving Day when the team defeated the Dallas Cowboys 26-15. That afternoon matchup delivered CBS their biggest Thanksgiving Day ratings in 27 years with an average of 32.538 million viewers. It was also the highest-rated regular season game on any network in three years.

Consideringthat Dallas plays every year on Thanksgiving, it is fair to assume that Buffalo’s presence in the game helped with the record ratings.

My own thought is that there's a national curiosity in Josh Allen, but also a lot of fatigue in seeing medicore Steelers, Cowboys and NY Giants games every season.

13 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

The Rigas family sold folks on that narcotic after Ralph Wilson was hit with the NFL salary cap, then Brett Hull scored a goal. 

6 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2019/11/bills-cowboys-ratings-thanksgiving-most-watched-cbs/

https://www.bing.com/amp/s/www.syracuse.com%2fbuffalo-bills%2f2019%2f12%2fbuffalo-bills-vs-patriots-was-nfl-networks-most-watched-exclusive-game-in-3-years.html%3foutputType%3damp

My own thought is that there's a national curiosity in Josh Allen, but also a lot of fatigue in seeing medicore Steelers, Cowboys and NY Giants games every season.

They played the Cowboys and the Steelers.  Basically the two most popular TV teams, especially the Cowboys. 

Play at the Jets on national TV, and it is another story. 

Titans will most likely wind up winning this. Henry is unstoppable and Brady just doesn’t have the help. Sony Michel was doing great until top HC candidate Josh McDaniels stopped using him. Frustrating. Lots of football left though.

EDIT: Yeah, not looking good for the Patriots defense. Serves them right for giving themselves a dumb nickname after three games...

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Just now, See Red said:

Welp... stupid decisions like punting when you've got the ball at the NE 32-ish is how you lose playoff games.

I've never seen this strategy - good job by Romo and Steretore (the ref for Super Bowl LII, where the Philadelphia Eagles defeated the new england patriots) explaining that nonsense - I didn't realize you could kill that much clock by playing games like that.  Nice to see Bellicic so pissed off at the kind of stuff he usually outsmarts people with.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just now, tp49 said:

Titans with the pick 6 Pats lose!

quoting to preserve in case TEN doesn't get 2 and NE somehow returns the kick.

2 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

quoting to preserve in case TEN doesn't get 2 and NE somehow returns the kick.

No need now that it's over.  Pats lose!!!  It's now safe to watch the Super Bowl again.

Archived