PittsburghSucks

2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

Yankees dynasty ended with an absolute classic World Series that ended in a walk off hit.

Patriots dynasty *potentially* ends with a home loss to a team that lost twice to Brady in the playoffs.

12 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

The NFL playoffs are officially watchable this year. Thank you, Titans!

That being said, I'm not celebrating until Brady signs elsewhere and Belicheat retires. Short of that, the Patriots will ruin the Super Bowl next year. 🤣

I don't know about that anymore. They have a lot of flaws that they need to shore up really fast.  Brady has shown signs of decline this season. 

Celebrating the end of the dynasty is premature at this stage. I’ll believe it when I see it. Let’s celebrate the small victories for now. 

It's a real shame that we never got a Pats-Cowboys Super Bowl. A real shame.... .😉

Barstool is not handling the loss very well:

52 minutes ago, JG36 said:

Why everyone is so happy that the patriots are out is because they’ve been so good so losing isn’t a disappointment because they’ve won 6 rings. Whether he comes back or not it has been a fun ride. Also, the titans just earned themselves a 30+ point blowout in Baltimore.

Not sure that losing is ever not disappointing. 

Patriots had a down year (for once), if people want to celebrate that, go ahead. 

But there’s no reason to think they won’t go back to being the same dominant Patriots next year, if they can improve the Offense. 

43 minutes ago, Brass said:

This is not necessarily true. The Patriots have been a mainstay in the playoffs and non-Patriots fans don’t want to see them win time and time again. I’m sure many wouldn’t mind switching positions and having their team win 6 Super Bowls in 18 years, it’s easier to just root against the Pats.

I was going to type something snarkier and long-winded, but quoting Brass will do just fine. 

Also, the hell with Baltimore and the Ray Lewis apologists. Lose everytime you can and then once more after that. 

44 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Celebrating the end of the dynasty is premature at this stage. I’ll believe it when I see it. Let’s celebrate the small victories for now. 

Which is why I said potentially in my last post

Well by jove...the Snatit actually did it. Mike Vrabel did not go full Whisenhunt*, and Derrick Henry...geesh. I'm actually happy for them. 

I don't see them beating Baltimore, though.

32 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Barstool is not handling the loss very well:

:lol:Awwwwww, MEAN THINGS!

Every time I watch Derrick Henry play I'm reminded that he would have been a Gator but Will Muschamp insisted on recruiting him as a linebacker. 😠

I don't know how likely it is but the idea that Tom Brady could come back next season with somebody other than New England is crazy since, on the field, neither has anything to gain by moving on.  I don't think the Patriots dynasty is done until Belichick retires.  They'll probably draft someone like Jake Fromm in the third round and keep chugging right on along.

1 hour ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Patriots had a down year (for once), if people want to celebrate that, go ahead. 

But there’s no reason to think they won’t go back to being the same dominant Patriots next year, if they can improve the Offense. 

Brady isn't getting any younger, regardless of any therapies he tries.

The Titans stopped the Plague, for now. But you know that these cheaters will get back on top again next year, but we'll wait and see when the season comes.

5 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The Bills got gifted a first down at the end when they were trying to tie - that ball was short (albeit by only a few inches) and no call was made on the field.  McDermott had conceded and put his FG team out there, and everyone was surprised when they got the first down.  

That was the correct coaching move; it has nothing to do with conceding. If they didn't get the first down, they needed to kick. If they left their offense on the field and didn't get the first down, they would have had to bring the field goal team on the field and kick with a 21 second running clock and no timeouts. Not impossible, but not ideal. Since the replay gave them the first down, they had downs to play with to spike the ball and stop the clock. Knowing how the game ended, you could say it cost them another shot at the end zone, but I still think it was the right move on a 50/50 at best replay.

1 hour ago, rams80 said:

Brady isn't getting any younger, regardless of any therapies he tries.

True, but I’d like to see how he does when he has someone other than Edelman to throw the ball too.

Add a decent TE & WR (like Ebron & OBJ) and if Brady can’t get that to work, than yeah, he’s done.