2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

The NFL playoffs are officially watchable this year. Thank you, Titans!

That being said, I'm not celebrating until Brady signs elsewhere and Belicheat retires. Short of that, the Patriots will ruin the Super Bowl next year. 🤣

I don't know about that anymore. They have a lot of flaws that they need to shore up really fast.  Brady has shown signs of decline this season. 

Celebrating the end of the dynasty is premature at this stage. I’ll believe it when I see it. Let’s celebrate the small victories for now. 

spacer.png

52 minutes ago, JG36 said:

Why everyone is so happy that the patriots are out is because they’ve been so good so losing isn’t a disappointment because they’ve won 6 rings. Whether he comes back or not it has been a fun ride. Also, the titans just earned themselves a 30+ point blowout in Baltimore.

Not sure that losing is ever not disappointing. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

43 minutes ago, Brass said:

This is not necessarily true. The Patriots have been a mainstay in the playoffs and non-Patriots fans don’t want to see them win time and time again. I’m sure many wouldn’t mind switching positions and having their team win 6 Super Bowls in 18 years, it’s easier to just root against the Pats.

I was going to type something snarkier and long-winded, but quoting Brass will do just fine. 

Also, the hell with Baltimore and the Ray Lewis apologists. Lose everytime you can and then once more after that. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Well by jove...the Snatit actually did it. Mike Vrabel did not go full Whisenhunt*, and Derrick Henry...geesh. I'm actually happy for them. 

I don't see them beating Baltimore, though.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Every time I watch Derrick Henry play I'm reminded that he would have been a Gator but Will Muschamp insisted on recruiting him as a linebacker. 😠

I don't know how likely it is but the idea that Tom Brady could come back next season with somebody other than New England is crazy since, on the field, neither has anything to gain by moving on.  I don't think the Patriots dynasty is done until Belichick retires.  They'll probably draft someone like Jake Fromm in the third round and keep chugging right on along.

IUe6Hvh.png

1 hour ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Patriots had a down year (for once), if people want to celebrate that, go ahead. 

But there’s no reason to think they won’t go back to being the same dominant Patriots next year, if they can improve the Offense. 

Brady isn't getting any younger, regardless of any therapies he tries.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

5 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The Bills got gifted a first down at the end when they were trying to tie - that ball was short (albeit by only a few inches) and no call was made on the field.  McDermott had conceded and put his FG team out there, and everyone was surprised when they got the first down.  

That was the correct coaching move; it has nothing to do with conceding. If they didn't get the first down, they needed to kick. If they left their offense on the field and didn't get the first down, they would have had to bring the field goal team on the field and kick with a 21 second running clock and no timeouts. Not impossible, but not ideal. Since the replay gave them the first down, they had downs to play with to spike the ball and stop the clock. Knowing how the game ended, you could say it cost them another shot at the end zone, but I still think it was the right move on a 50/50 at best replay.

1 hour ago, rams80 said:

Brady isn't getting any younger, regardless of any therapies he tries.

True, but I’d like to see how he does when he has someone other than Edelman to throw the ball too.

Add a decent TE & WR (like Ebron & OBJ) and if Brady can’t get that to work, than yeah, he’s done.

Archived