PittsburghSucks

2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

6 hours ago, hbgoo1975 said:

The Titans stopped the Plague, for now. But you know that these cheaters will get back on top again next year, but we'll wait and see when the season comes.

That’s five straight posts where you’ve referred to the Patriots as the “Plague.” We get it. Stop it.

So of the remaining AFC teams, I’m not sure who I’d like to see win it all.

No real interest in Baltimore tbh

KC hasn’t been in or won since SBIV so that’s a hell of a story

Houston being the newest expansion team still makes for a good story. I don’t hate Watt by any means and Watson is really good. Be great if they can hold on. I was kinda hoping the Bills would’ve beaten them but oh well

Tennessee has struggled for the past 20 years and I remember watching them and rooting for them during their run (since this was the time the Pats were still mediocre/hot garbage) and getting another chance after being 1 yard short would be awesome. 

Probably gonna stuck with the Titans for now. Team that beat mine that I don’t really dislike (except for the uniforms, yuck).

Go Snatits?

If you think about it, the Titans played the perfect game plan against the Pats. Even with the offense not being as strong as it once was, Brady can still do magic with the pigskin. It takes a great game plan to beat them.

Now comes the big question for Patriot fans: Does Brady stay? I think he does... by his standards, this season is a disappointment. Hell, this is a disappointing finish for the franchise that has become the gold standard in the NFL when it comes to winning.

Now, for the Titans... I think they match up well with the Ravens. What's the best game plan against a dynamic offense? Keep them off the field. Just feed Derrick Henry and throw in some passes and chew up the clock.

6 hours ago, Cosmic said:

That was the correct coaching move; it has nothing to do with conceding. If they didn't get the first down, they needed to kick. If they left their offense on the field and didn't get the first down, they would have had to bring the field goal team on the field and kick with a 21 second running clock and no timeouts. Not impossible, but not ideal. Since the replay gave them the first down, they had downs to play with to spike the ball and stop the clock. Knowing how the game ended, you could say it cost them another shot at the end zone, but I still think it was the right move on a 50/50 at best replay.

I’m not arguing the move to put the FG team out there - just that it implied that even he didn’t think it was going to be a 1st down, and since the referees said it was called as such in the field (which was weird because no signal) then McDermott must have expected it to come back. The FG would have totally been the right move, even if trying to push forward 6” to try and get him closer would have been justifiable. 

Patriots could trade for Nick Foles since he’s basically done in Jax. Foles sucks but it would be an interesting twist. 

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Patriots could trade for Nick Foles since he’s basically done in Jax. Foles sucks but it would be an interesting twist. 

They’ll probably trade for Prescott since Jerry is too much of a cheapass to pay him. 

Then watch as he become an All-Pro.

12 hours ago, AustinFomBoston said:

If Patriots have another season like this, then yes, they are done. 

Going 12-4 and winning your division means you’re done now. 

4 hours ago, Brass said:

That’s five straight posts where you’ve referred to the Patriots as the “Plague.” We get it. Stop it.

And I picked the team in your avatar to win every week because they were always in the playoffs in the past eleven years! They haven't had a losing record since Bellichick's first year in 2000. They had winning records when they missed the playoffs too. I get it too! 

In reality if the dynasty dies there won't be anything to complain about anymore (except bad officiating). AS AN NFL SOCIETY WE NEED TO COMPLAIN!!! 😋😉

Just now, Wings said:

In reality if the dynasty dies there won't be anything to complain about anymore (except bad officiating). AS AN NFL SOCIETY WE NEED TO COMPLAIN!!! 😋😉

Eh, we still have Spanos, Snyder, the Packers (for the three other NFC North teams), and the Steelers’ nastiness.

1 hour ago, hbgoo1975 said:

And I picked the team in your avatar to win every week because they were always in the playoffs in the past eleven years! They haven't had a losing record since Bellichick's first year in 2000. They had winning records when they missed the playoffs too. I get it too! 

I think the point is "the Plague" was neither funny nor clever the first time you said it, however many years ago. And it's only gotten less funny and/or clever since.  Time to move on.

"The Plague" is more apt for the Browns, or the Bengals, or heck, even "America's Team" 

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

Eh, we still have Spanos, Snyder, the Packers (for the three other NFC North teams), and the Steelers’ nastiness.

Until one of the other three NFC North teams begins a dynasty (we all know it won’t be Detroit) 

2 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Going 12-4 and winning your division means you’re done now. 

Going 12-4 after playing the dolphins bills and jets for a combined 6 games and the bengals, giants, browns, and redskins for another 4 games. They really only played a memorable, They went 3-3 against tougher opponents. (Steelers, Texans, Cowboys, Ravens, Eagles, and Chiefs) and then got outplayed by the titans in the wildcard. I’d consider that pretty upsetting for the patriots. Especially the 2-4 in your last 6 games with Brady playing the worst he’s ever played.

1 hour ago, DEAD! said:

"The Plague" is more apt for the Browns, or the Bengals, or heck, even "America's Team" 

True, but there is nothing funny about it. 

21 minutes ago, hbgoo1975 said:

True, but there is nothing funny about it. 

And neither are you. We get it, the Patriots are "The Evil Empire". That joke is more dead than Palpatine should've been.

So if the Saints lose this in OT will they revamp it again in the offseason to ensure that everyone gets a fair shot or whatever?

I still think OT should always be just a 5th quarter.  Doesn't matter if a team scores first or not, you still have to have the lead when the clock runs out.  This is not only fair but tests a teams stamina, endurance, and ability to manage Offense, Defense, Special Teams, and Clock Management.  All important facets in the game.

EDIT: as i'm typing this, they confirm the final

Ok, all you jackasses that went ahead and penciled in the Saints for the win, AND kept hammering the "Cousins can't beat good teams"... Kindly shut the  hell up.