PittsburghSucks

2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

43 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

No, I don't bet sports.  But I genuinely hope that happens, especially the part about his loved ones suffering.  I'm thinking that flesh-eating bacteria would be nice - like maybe he could visit his mom and watch her flesh deteriorate from her body and then he just holds her skeleton and wonders what he could have done differently to prevent these bad things from happening to him.  Unfortunately, the dumb ass would probably just lower his head into her fleshless skull.

Sometimes I can’t tell when your being facetious or being serious so I’m just going to hope your being overtly sarcastic. 

I respect the hell out of Josh McCown after today. Gutsy performance and left it all out on the field.

1 minute ago, Seadragon76 said:

oh, and the little thing of Wentz being a runner

Doesn't matter what position they play it's still helmet to helmet contact.

Not to mention Wentz did the same exact thing in Week 2 and got a touchdown taken away because he was ruled down and "gave himself up" to quote the referee. So it was helmet to helmet on someone who was already down before the hit.

14 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

Doesn't matter what position they play it's still helmet to helmet contact.

That's what the ref said. MOD EDIT: Let's tap the brakes on being confrontational, OK? 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

That's what the ref said. 

I don't give a rat behind about the Eagles, but that was a straight up dirty play.  And by knocking out the last decent player Philly still had, it contributed greatly to the Seahawks' win. It was garbage that it didn't get called, and if the league had any guts, or if they really wanted to protect the players like they claim, they'd sit his cheap-shot ass down for however many games Seattle has left.

MOD EDIT: Let's tone it down, folks. 

Edited by infrared41

22 minutes ago, ~Bear said:

Sometimes I can’t tell when your being facetious or being serious so I’m just going to hope your being overtly sarcastic. 

You're not new here... have you never read one of BBTV's Eagles posts?

OK, boys, this is twice in the last couple hours that I've had to tell you all to tone it down and keep it to football. Feel free to have a vigorous debate, but keep the personal stuff out of it. 

Thank you. 

Saints lose in OT.  And it’s easily their least painful exit over the pas three seasons.

14 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

You're not new here... have you never read one of BBTV's Eagles posts?

By the time I read the NFL thread it’s usually been edited, but point taken. 

@AustinFomBoston I would kill to have any one of my teams have a run half as good as the run the Pats had. You had the best run in the history of North American pro sports. Enjoy it.

1 hour ago, OnWis97 said:

Saints lose in OT.  And it’s easily their least painful exit over the pas three seasons.

Since their SB win ten years ago, they have been coming up short every time they make the playoffs. Same thing with Green Bay (since their 2010 SB win).

This has to be the worst officiated playoff day EVER!

Missed offensive pass interference in Minn-NO game, then a lame LAME excuse put out by the NFL, typical CYA

Missed unnecessary roughness call in Sea-Philly game, the one that sent Wentz out.

Also, Danny Kanell can eat rocks! 

9 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

@AustinFomBoston I would kill to have any one of my teams have a run half as good as the run the Pats had. You had the best run in the history of North American pro sports. Enjoy it.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news here but the run isn't over. With all that's going on in the world currently, local news' lead story is "WILL TOM BRADY RETIRE!? IS THIS IT!?!?" 

It's friggen insane. I wish it was over. But it ain't. I did relish in the anguish of my collective group texts this weekend, though.

What's the general consensus on the Clowney play?  Locally, among writers / radio, I'm hearing it pretty much split.  Everyone agrees it should have been 15 yards (which wouldn't have really changed anything), but it's 50/50 as to whether it was dirty.  IMO, it looked like he turned his head specifically to spear Wentz.  Others see it that he turned his head to avoid him, and it really was incidental.

I'm really hoping it's not considered dirty, and it's just my inner bias showing through, because I'd like to root for the Seahawks the rest of the way, but can't if that's how they won.

Either way, Torrey Holt and Josina Anderson are jagoffs for criticizing Wentz for "it's always something with him..."  The guy got speared in the head, was the only 100% healthy guy all year, and wasn't even allowed to play, whether he wanted to or not.  Josina Anderson is a total clown and has done nothing but made baseless accusations and quoted 'sources' for stories that I'm convinced she makes up out of thin air.

1 hour ago, speedy said:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news here but the run isn't over. With all that's going on in the world currently, local news' lead story is "WILL TOM BRADY RETIRE!? IS THIS IT!?!?" 

It's friggen insane. I wish it was over. But it ain't. I did relish in the anguish of my collective group texts this weekend, though.

Oh man, I just realized we're in for 6 months of Brett Favre-esque retirement speculation and if he does come back he's going to have Jeter/Kobe retirement tour. This is going to get worse before it gets better. 

53 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Mike McCarthy...not that much of an improvement over Jason Garrett.

Improvement? They were better off with Garrett. Leave it to Jerruh and his massive ego to think hiring the guy who wasted Aaron Rodgers' prime was a good idea.

So the Saints players are wanting to change the rules to allow challenges after 2 minutes because of the maybe pass interference on the game winning play. Give it a rest you can’t have the rules changed for you every time after a loss. They are also making fools of themselves because the play was reviewed anyways they just didn’t like the result.

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

Oh man, I just realized we're in for 6 months of Brett Favre-esque retirement speculation and if he does come back he's going to have Jeter/Kobe retirement tour. This is going to get worse before it gets better. 

At least Brett Favre hinted at retirement. It was still a brutal couple of years, but there was a chance that he might actually retire. Tom Brady has said repeatedly he want's to play until 45 and yesterday said "It's Highly Unlikely" he calls it quits. But yeah, Brett Favre was the first thing to come to mind during all of this. It's going to be an excruciating off-season.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, dont care said:

So the Saints players are wanting to change the rules to allow challenges after 2 minutes because of the maybe pass interference on the game winning play. Give it a rest you can’t have the rules changed for you every time after a loss. They are also making fools of themselves because the play was reviewed anyways they just didn’t like the result.

They sure went from sympathetic due to Katrina to being insufferable sore losers real quick.

Edited by Red Comet
Because I mistook poor for sore. Derp.