2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

27 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

When there's a penalty that isn't shown on replay despite time being available between plays, does everyone else also assume it was a complete garbage call and the network is covering up for the league?

13 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Like how the NBC broadcast team was told to not talk about the Wentz hit?  And how Michele Tafoya didn't even bring it up when interviewing Clowney?  There's a reason for everything - and a reason for nothing.  Any other opinion is just nieve.

Both of you STILL WATCH! They will always win.

NFL saves live broadcast TV.

The gulf between the reach of the NFL and even the most popular scripted series has grown only wider; while CBS’s “NCIS” remains the most-watched entertainment program with an average draw of 11.4 million live-same-day viewers—a figure that more than doubles the overall primetime average of 5.9 million viewers per night—that pales in comparison with the numbers football puts up each week. The league’s top TV property, the national Sunday afternoon window shared by Fox and CBS, averaged a staggering 24.3 million viewers in 2019, up 8 percent versus last season’s 22.6 million, while NBC’s “Sunday Night Football” grew 4 percent to just under 20 million viewers.

In a year marked by the end of two massive hits (CBS’s “The Big Bang Theory” and HBO’s “Game of Thrones”), the NFL absolutely dominated the tube, accounting for 41 of the top 50 most-watched broadcasts, and 73 of the top 100. Including the World Series, NBA Finals, college football bowl games, the NCAA Men’s Div. I Basketball Championship, the Kentucky Derby and the FIFA Women’s World Cup Final, sports laid claim to 88 of the most-watched programs of 2019.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, dfwabel said:

Technically, I didn't watch on TV, since I was in attendance. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

IDK, I think KC and 49ers could be really difficult matchups for them the Titans. 

Whoa - you think the two highest-remaining seeded teams might be difficult matchups for a 6 seed?  That's unpossible.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

IDK, I think KC and 49ers could be really difficult matchups for them the Titans. 

If true, that would really suck as I want to see the NFL also have a first time champion so that we can have first time champions in NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL in a 6-8 month time span.

I have no rooting interest in this game, but I find it fascinating to watch a team that seems like they should win handily just get whipped like Baltimore has been tonight. It's not quite as wild as watching Alabama getting run out of the building by Clemson last year, but still fun.

5 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

They still got you.  Direct $ or not.  And you still watch.

Fair enough, but that's because even despite the influencing, any team can still win, if they overcome it.  

Lamar Jackson throws like an idiot.  It's painful to watch him sometimes.  If he slows down any, or gets injured and can't run as fast, his career is over.  That dude needs some serious help with his mechanics.

I’m really trying hard to find something to hate about Tennessee so I can find an outlet for the postgame disappointment, but dang it it’s pretty hard. I guess Taylor Lewan is kind of a jerk?

Nah but in all seriousness big congrats to the Titans. Both game plans were flawless. Derrick Henry is a monster. Tannehill does exactly what he needs to. Vrabel is a heck of a coach. Congrats, and as always, AT LEAST ITS NOT THE PATS.

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Tennessee has had KC's number the past three seasons...i think it's been four straight now, two regular season and two postseason games. If KC does beat Houston, I give Tennessee the edge. But first they gotta beat Houston, and I'm not even sure they can do that. But that's why they play the games. 😄

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 minute ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Fair enough, but that's because even despite the influencing, any team can still win, if they overcome it.  

Or even despite you post your dislike for the NFL here, you still attend their games inside the stadium. That's cool, B.  We're around the same age and grew up on the NFL

1 minute ago, dfwabel said:

Or even despite you post your dislike for the NFL here, you still attend their games inside the stadium. That's cool, B.  We're around the same age and grew up on the NFL

i might be slightly younger than you, but regardless, I'm an addict.  I absolutely hate the league, and I think that at least 50% of the players are dirtbags, but watching the Eagles is something I'll likely never be able to kick.  For the most part I don't watch the NFL, because I rarely watch sports in general if it's not a Phila team playing.

Titans look like they should’ve been the 1 seed in the AFC. Assuming they play like they’ve played the past two weeks, I’ll take them over KC or Houston. I think I’d take them over Green Bay too, maybe even Seattle. It wouldn’t surprise me one bit to see them to win 1 more atleast.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

- The #6 seed Ravens beat the #1 seed Titans back in 2008 and now Tennessee finally got some payback. Jeff Fisher has been avenged!

- In the four playoff meetings between these two teams since 2000, the road team has won every game.

And that wraps up this segment of "useless facts"

2 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

Titans look like they should’ve been the 1 seed in the AFC. Assuming they play like they’ve played the past two weeks, I’ll take them over KC or Houston. I think I’d take them over Green Bay too, maybe even Seattle. It wouldn’t surprise me one bit to see them to win 1 more atleast.

I don't see how KC/Houston or any of the three NFC teams remaining can stop Derrick Henry. 

If the Titans win next week, they have a really good chance to win the whole thing. Vrabel has outcoached two Top-5 coaches this postseason and Henry has looked unstoppable. Give the coaching and defense a week or preparation and Henry a week of rest and they might take the whole thing.

That being said, the 49ers looked really good today. It'll be interesting to see how they play next week. 

One thing I sure can’t wait for is all of the articles/takes by sports media about how Lamar can’t win a big game, or how his struggles cost the Ravens this game. 

Consider this for one second. The Ravens, who by basically every metric are the best rushing team in the history of the NFL, threw the ball 60 times today. 

That. Cannot. Happen. 

Lamar was the least of the Ravens’ worries tonight. More concerning is how easily the defense’s lack of pass rush was exposed, the ridiculous worst-of-both-worlds, off-tackle-QB-sneak on the second 4th down, and the ridiculous affinity for dropped passes. 

spacer.png

Archived