PittsburghSucks

2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, DG_Now said:

 

They've been dominant all season and haven't underachieved at all. It's the exact opposite of the Mike McCarthy experience.

 I wouldn’t exactly call them dominate. They got bailed out a lot (especially against the lions). 
 

And just like with McCarthy, they choke in the NFC championship. This is the 3rd time it’s happened with them in the past 6 years.
New coach, same result. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KC, I think, will win a close, defensive game; 24 to 20.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, I hate seeing Aaron Rodgers getting smashed into the tuff during meaningless plays after the game is out of reach.

 

 

Oh, wait... no I don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

 And just like with McCarthy, they choke in the NFC championship. This is the 3rd time it’s happened with them in the past 6 years.
New coach, same result. 

 

I would agree that they haven't been dominant this season, but I would disagree about them "choking." The Niners housed them earlier in the season. A choke would be giving up a big lead (GD Texans), or losing to a team you were seemingly far superior to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Red Wolf said:

 

I would agree that they haven't been dominant this season, but I would disagree about them "choking." The Niners housed them earlier in the season. A choke would be giving up a big lead (GD Texans), or losing to a team you were seemingly far superior to.

2014 against The Seahawks was a choke, I don’t think anyone will deny that. 
 

2016 & now 2019, are straight blowouts where the Packers were dominated on both sides of the ball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last time the Niners were in the NFC Championship, Sherman had the key final play to win the game for the Seahawks. Now on the final play today Sherman ices it with an INT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chiefs-49ers.

 

May the best team win. Hopefully it's mine, but if not, it's nice to at least get to a Super Bowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Chiefs-49ers.

 

May the best team win. Hopefully it's mine, but if not, it's nice to at least get to a Super Bowl.

 

Plus two franchises that have never met in a Super Bowl. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the matchup I always wanted as a kid. I’ll take it 25 years later. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Chiefs-49ers.

 

May the best team win. Hopefully it's mine, but if not, it's nice to at least get to a Super Bowl.

 

You finally get to hoist the trophy that bears your founder's name and that annoys me to no end. Congrats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Red Wolf said:

 

You finally get to hoist the trophy that bears your founder's name and that annoys me to no end. Congrats.

 

There's a first time for everything. Didn't think I'd see the Chiefs in the Super Bowl either but then I also didn't think I'd see the Royals win a World Series.

 

What's next, Mizzou winning a national championship in a sport that's relevant?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

 

They've been dominant all season and haven't underachieved at all. It's the exact opposite of the Mike McCarthy experience.

 

Not exactly true.

 

They were 8-1 in one score games, had the worst point differential of any of the teams who earned a first round bye (actually, they have the worst PD of any team who received a bye in the last 5 years). 

 

This was an overachieving team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

What's next, Mizzou winning a national championship in a sport that's relevant?

 

Whoa, let's be reasonable here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rockstar Matt said:

 

Not exactly true.

 

They were 8-1 in one score games, had the worst point differential of any of the teams who earned a first round bye (actually, they have the worst PD of any team who received a bye in the last 5 years). 

 

This was an overachieving team. 

 

In any event, still better than a Mike McCarthy team. The 49ers were better, they had HFA and they won.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Man, I hate seeing Aaron Rodgers getting smashed into the tuff during meaningless plays after the game is out of reach.

 

 

Oh, wait... no I don't.

 

Way to keep it classy, bro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

 

In any event, still better than a Mike McCarthy team. The 49ers were better, they had HFA and they won.

 

Most definitely. These Niners are so, so good.

 

Wish the Seahawks had made it to this game instead of the Packers. Would have been a game at least. 

 

Just glad I don’t have to root for them anymore. Go Chiefs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Joe Montana Super Bowl..The NFL 50th Anniversary SB Champion vs the NFL 75th Anniversary SB Champion on the Super Bowl on the NFL's 100th Anniversary...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

 

In any event, still better than a Mike McCarthy team. The 49ers were better, they had HFA and they won.

 

My brain's so busted I read this as HLA at first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This year's Super Bowl match will be very nostalgic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

 

My brain's so busted I read this as HLA at first.

 

Seems like that could be both an advantage and a distraction. 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.