2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

12 hours ago, dfwabel said:

While the Steelers had Steroids, and the Patriots had video, the 49ers worked in a no Salary Cap era, Jerry Rice put adhesive on his gloves, and Bill Walsh stole Paul Brown's playbook, but used an old school labeler to put "West Coast Offense" on the 3-ring binders. 

- Everyone else played without a salary cap.

- Bill Walsh took the offense he helped develop with the Bengals to San Francisco after the Bengals chose not to hire him because Paul Brown thought he was too soft to be a head coach. There wasn't any theft. Other people coined the "West Coast Offense". Walsh and Wyche both said it should be called the Ohio River Offense. 

- Stickem was pretty widespread at the time. It's no better than the gloves receivers wear now with the ultra tacky palms.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, McCarthy said:

- Everyone else played without a salary cap.

- Bill Walsh took the offense he helped develop with the Bengals to San Francisco after the Bengals chose not to hire him because Paul Brown thought he was too soft to be a head coach. There wasn't any theft. Other people coined the "West Coast Offense". Walsh and Wyche both said it should be called the Ohio River Offense. 

- Stickem was pretty widespread at the time. It's no better than the gloves receivers wear now with the ultra tacky palms.

The 49ers did cheat the Salary Cap in the 1990's: https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-2000-12-05-0012050096-story.html

During that time, I think they had a corporation paying Deion under the table, and they may have had committed cap fraud in 1996 with the cutting and re-signing of Steve Wallace:

https://web.archive.org/web/19981202145202/http://www.49erhaters.com/rams1.html

17 hours ago, DEAD! said:

Regardless of who is playing, Liv Tyler better be in attendance.

And hopefully she'll be wearing a team hat and not the NFL logo. 

9 hours ago, Cosmic said:

I do not understand this post, but she does have a new TV show on the network that's airing the Super Bowl...

Related image

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

15 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

And hopefully she'll be wearing a team hat and not the NFL logo. 

Related image

I was at a bar Sunday night that went straight into Texas 911 following the NFC championship game. Liv Tyler has aged 20 years in 5. Rob Lowe looks as plastic as ever. They're a perfect match.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 1/21/2020 at 12:58 PM, DnBronc said:

During that time, I think they had a corporation paying Deion under the table, and they may have had committed cap fraud in 1996 with the cutting and re-signing of Steve Wallace:

Oh so after their Super Bowl wins. Gotcha. 

Got to admit, you're really committed to "the NFL fixes things." Would have thought the Patriots not being in the Super Bowl would have given us all a break from that, but no. You found a tangentially related thing to bring us back around. Bravo. 

Tell me. Are the Denver Broncos the only team, in your estimation, not to cheat to win a Super Bowl? 

3 hours ago, IceCap said:

Oh so after their Super Bowl wins. Gotcha. 

Got to admit, you're really committed to "the NFL fixes things." Would have thought the Patriots not being in the Super Bowl would have given us all a break from that, but no. You found a tangentially related thing to bring us back around. Bravo. 

Tell me. Are the Denver Broncos the only team, in your estimation, not to cheat to win a Super Bowl? 

Who cares if the 49ers did that after their SB wins. It was still wrong. And, I never said that Denver did (or didn't) cheat to win a SB. Pointing fingers at other teams doesn't make what the 49ers did right (they got a slap on the wrist 20 years ago just like NE did for Spygate because they are the league's darlings).

1 hour ago, DnBronc said:

Pointing fingers at other teams doesn't make what the 49ers did right (they got a slap on the wrist 20 years ago just like NE did for Spygate because they are the league's darlings).

I thought the Patriots were the NFL's darlings. Now it's the 80s/early 90s 49ers. Do you just call whoever happens to be good at a given moment "the NFL's darlings"? 

6 hours ago, IceCap said:

I thought the Patriots were the NFL's darlings. Now it's the 80s/early 90s 49ers. Do you just call whoever happens to be good at a given moment "the NFL's darlings"? 

They both were at different times. The Niners were in the 90's, and NE has been the past 10-15 years.

Super Bowl LIV TV Schedule

February 1, 2020 - 16:34 PM

What time is the Super Bowl? When are the national anthems? What uniforms are the teams wearing?? If you’re hosting a Super Bowl LIV party and not sure what time everything’s happening? We’re here to help! The NFL announced today […]

Read More...

BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I can't remember the last (if ever) that the Superbowl didn't feature at least one team that I actively despised, or that didn't feature at least one team who's uniforms were an affront to common decency. I'm in uncharted territory here.

I have no idea how I'm supposed to act tomorrow.

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I can't remember the last (if ever) that the Superbowl didn't feature at least one team that I actively despised, or that didn't feature at least one team who's uniforms were an affront to common decency. I'm in uncharted territory here.

I have no idea how I'm supposed to act tomorrow.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyreek_Hill#Legal_issues

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/tyreek-hill-domestic-violence-child-abuse-investigation-chiefs/neqfn40200lt16ik2142ay772

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2016/02/list_of_lesean_mccoys_off-field_incidents_grows_amid_philadelphia_police_investi.html

https://theblast.com/lesean-mccoy-assault-allegation-police-investigation-milton/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jefffedotin/2019/04/23/new-chiefs-de-frank-clark-upgrades-d-but-has-a-dark-past/#5a9ef282ff4e

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/national/michael-w-chapman/kc-chiefs-frank-clark-wears-trump-sweater-super-bowl-press

And that's only some of the things that those Chiefs players have done.  There's plenty more.  Plennnnnnnnnty.  

If you root for the Kansas City Chiefs, you need to seriously question your values and think about when you lost your morality.  No trolling - that's how I feel.  They're one of - if not the biggest disgrace of a franchise to play in that game in decades.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

By now we've learned that expecting an organization to only work with clean players is a fantasy. How long did the 49ers put up with Rueben Foster before they finally shipped him out? A Washington Post writer pointed out that other than Hill's family violence issues, everyone else, other than Kareem Hunt, no one else had been in serious trouble in 3 years.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

If you root for the Kansas City Chiefs, you need to seriously question your values and think about when you lost your morality.  No trolling - that's how I feel.  They're one of - if not the biggest disgrace of a franchise to play in that game in decades.  

I get they have some questionable people in there organization but come on man every NFL team does and I'm willing to bet that every single team in every major professional sports league world wide has some questionable people working for them. 

Plus the 49ers have committed the biggest sin ever, being run in and by people who choose to work and live there lives in the cesspool know as the Bay Area, no self respecting human being should be rooting for them and I certainly know that I won't as an LA native that's for damn sure. 

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

4 minutes ago, masterchaoss said:

I get they have some questionable people in there organization

LOL "questionable"?  What's the question?  If there's a "question" in your eyes, then my point about losing morality might be proven.

5 minutes ago, masterchaoss said:

every NFL team does and I'm willing to bet that every single team in every major professional sports league world wide has some questionable people working for them. 

1) the question was "who should I root for this weekend" - therefore, nothing else is relevant other than the 49ers and Chiefs. If you can prove to me that the 49ers have worse humans than the Chiefs, then maybe I'll change my stance.

2) Very few - if any - NFL teams have as many bad people as KC's, and the ones that do don't tend to welcome in new ones with open arms.  KC is a whole different level of bad.  In fact, I challenge you to back your statement up - find me a team with worse humans than KC.  You'll certainly find bad people out there - and I'll admit that there's more bad ones than we even know about because of idiot cops like that one in Cleveland that covered up a mess because he 'was a fan'.  Even still, I find it hard to believe there's a worse bunch of people on a sports team in 2019 than the KC Chiefs.

We're talking about people that have beaten women, broken children's bones, punched police, had women's homes broken into by hired goons, and that's just the start.

5 minutes ago, masterchaoss said:

Plus the 49ers have committed the biggest sin ever, being run in and by people who choose to work and live there lives in the cesspool know as the Bay Area

I'll assume you're joking here - if not, please correct me so I can respond appropriately.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 minutes ago, masterchaoss said:

I get they have some questionable people in there organization but come on man every NFL team does and I'm willing to bet that every single team in every major professional sports league world wide has some questionable people working for them. 

Plus the 49ers have committed the biggest sin ever, being run in and by people who choose to work and live there lives in the cesspool know as the Bay Area, no self respecting human being should be rooting for them and I certainly know that I won't as an LA native that's for damn sure. 

What are you 12 years old? 

14 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Andy Reid has a quote this week on why he drafted Hill. “Well we knew someone was gonna take him, so it might as well be me since everyone knows what im about already”, yea you’ll ignore anything outside of football (including a drug ring going on in your own home, and child getting arrested for it and hanging himself) so long as they can play football. Also mahomes said  today saying he wanted to try a behind the back pass in the super bowl, and he had a trick up his sleeve. Screw these guys and I hope the 49er win by 50.

Archived