2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Google with some manipulative bull :censored:. Gross.

I want more potato chip ads.

Exactly. Who are they trying to kid? Like some 80 year old guy would be able to use Google like that. Have him yelling at Alexa. That would have been more realistic. 😎

BB52Big.jpg

Why are the 49ers passing the ball so much now?  Isn't this when you start running it down?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

What the heck happened with the coin toss?  Looked like the Chiefs almost botched it.

Also - why do they need to have a player call heads or tails?  Why not just have a coin with each team's logo on it, and whenever side lands up is the winner.  It's not like the ref has the skill to rig what side it falls on (though I wouldn't put it past the NFL to figure out a way for that to happen.)

Can somebody explain the coin toss to me? I didn't even realize it was possible to screw up the coin toss until the Dallas game a little while ago. Here's how I thought it worked and how it should work: team that wins the toss decides whether they want the ball in the first half or the second half; the team that loses decides which end of the field they want to defend. How in the hell was it even an option in that Dallas game that the Cowboys could have somehow kicked off for both halves?

1 minute ago, Cosmic said:

Can somebody explain the coin toss to me? I didn't even realize it was possible to screw up the coin toss until the Dallas game a little while ago. Here's how I thought it worked and how it should work: team that wins the toss decides whether they want the ball in the first half or the second half; the team that loses decides which end of the field they want to defend. How in the hell was it even an option in that Dallas game that the Cowboys could have somehow kicked off for both halves?

Technically you can't say "we want it 2nd half" - you have to "defer" your option to the second half.  I guess the theory is that if there's a hurricane, it might be more valuable for you to choose what side you're playing into rather than getting the ball, even if you kicked off to start the game.

If a team wins the toss and defers, and then the other team is idiots and chooses to defend a side, then yeah - they'd kick off twice.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived