2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I stand by the mental health stuff I said earlier, but not with this "long con." I still blame the Raiders more, as they were stupid enough to give in to his provocations. 

I haven't intentionally watched an NFL game in years and I doubt I'll start now. I guess we'll have the last laugh with Antonio Brown, as he spends his retirement years losing his sanity due to sub-concussive head trauma and concussions. Again, let's just hope he doesn't hurt anybody else when the CTE comes in hard.

I'm honestly surprised Belichick is even willing to give him a chance. Of all coaches he takes 0 :censored: from anyone. 

Plus I didn't exact AB to take the low deal Patriots would have offered. 

Antonio Brown

Demaryius Thomas 

Josh Gordon

N'Keal Harry

Julian Edleman 

Ben Watson

God :censored:ing damn. That's just not fair. 

And to think a month or 2 ago WR was a big hole for the Patriots. 

Even after everything Brown has done this offseason, I’d be surprised if he continued to act as crazy as he has been. 

If I were a betting man, I would put money on AB being a damn near perfect (with some sprinkles of crazy) teammate this season for the Patriots. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

6 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

I'm honestly surprised Belichick is even willing to give him a chance. Of all coaches he takes 0 :censored: from anyone. 

Plus I didn't exact AB to take the low deal Patriots would have offered. 

Antonio Brown

Demaryius Thomas 

Josh Gordon

N'Keal Harry

Julian Edleman 

Ben Watson

God :censored:ing damn. That's just not fair. 

And to think a month or 2 ago WR was a big hole for the Patriots. 

As someone from that area, how long do you think the Patriots window of dominance is going to last?  For me, I think two more seasons and that's it, but who knows. 

So...moral of the AB story:act like a giant baby, make two teams look like fools, go directly to Pats?  Or something like that...worst Aesop ever.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I really don't see how AB is in the wrong here. Yeah, he probably shouldn't have :censored:ed up his feet, but his GM decided to big dick him out of Oakland. At least Mayock and Gruden got to protect their feelings. They also lost two picks and have no chance in their division.

I hope New England signs that Doss guy too.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Just now, GDAWG said:

As someone from that area, how long do you think the Patriots window of dominance is going to last?  For me, I think two more seasons and that's it, but who knows. 

Really depends on Brady. The Empire will live and die with him. 

He's always been keen on playing until 45. So definitely not too much longer. 

I honestly don't see him playing near his 50's. 

Belichick will still be there after Brady though. No doubt. 

2 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Really depends on Brady. The Empire will live and die with him. 

He's always been keen on playing until 45. So definitely not too much longer. 

I honestly don't see him playing near his 50's. 

Belichick will still be there after Brady though. No doubt. 

I am skeptical of Brady still playing at a high level at 45 years old. 

9 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I really don't see how AB is in the wrong here. Yeah, he probably shouldn't have :censored:ed up his feet, but his GM decided to big dick him out of Oakland. At least Mayock and Gruden got to protect their feelings. They also lost two picks and have no chance in their division.

March 9, 2019, Antonio Brown was under contract with the Steelers for ZERO GUARANTEED MONEY.

September 7, 2019, Brown has $9M in GUARANTEED MONEY.

He didn't lose at all. 

3 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Agreed. I'll always take the player's side in these matters. The Raiders could have wised up and not played into his game, but they didn't. Now he's got his guaranteed money, which is really all we should want for a bunch of guys who will more likely than not develop crippling physical and mental injuries as a result of this bloodsport.

In a league without guaranteed contracts, take every step needed to get your money from the people whose pockets your abilities line.

I don't see why everyone is freaking out about this. Yeah it's the Patriots but this is football the best team isn't guaranteed a title or even a superbowl appearance you need an awful lot to go right for those to happen unlike a certain sport I've given up watching. The Patriots have been really lucky on the injury front of late and have played a lot of football I could easily see them losing before the superbowl. 

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

There's so much more behind-the-scenes stuff that we don't know about that's manifesting itself as what we've been calling 'craziness'.  It's the NFL equivalent of a wrestling work - and I mean that seriously.  It almost seems like him getting himself released was orchestrated, and the Raiders may have played along by exercising all those options to ensure they could do so without owing him the $30M guarantee.  I'm sure that they realized what a headache they had on their hands, and were like "hey Drew, what can we do here" and Drew knew that the Patriots would sign him, and maybe AB said "screw the money, I want a ring", so they worked it out where the Raiders looked justified in their actions, didn't pay a dime, and AB, while looking crazy, gets to play where he wants and probably win a ring.  No tampering?  LOL.

I'm not sure I agree with the redshirt suggestion made earlier, as that seems exceptionally harsh, but missing 4-8 might be something worth discussing in situations like this.  It's not too dissimilar to a college player having to sit out if transferring to deter "tampering" (which I think is dumb for college kids, but might make sense in NFL.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

We all underestimated AB's intelligence or he's the luckiest SOB in the USA right now. I'm going with A, tbqh. But, who's to say that this year isn't the year that Tom Brady falls right off a :censored:ing cliff as QB's of his age tend to do rather than decline gracefully? If that happens? Well, if there's no winning to distract these personalities then they'll tear the locker room apart. And all of a sudden, the Pats go from SB favorites to No. 1 pick favorites.

Or hell, maybe this all just boils down to AB not wanting to have to line up against Vontaze Burfict in practice. Now that is someone who is probably going to end up in a nuthouse or a grave in a decade.

Archived