2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

The Raiders could have defused the situation along the way but "I can't go to training camp because I accidentally froze my feet" probably can't be met with "yeah whatever no big deal we'll figure it out as we go along." The whole situation is sui generis weirdness and can't be neatly sorted into the NFL's terrible labor-management relations nor into race essentialism. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DG_Now said:

As it stands, it looks there's something in the Bay Area water that requires pro sports executives to be overly aggressive douches.

Silicon?

As a Boston sports fan, this reminds me of when Kyrie was traded to the Celtics. I never liked him, he was actually one of my least favorite players. But I knew that he’d be good and I’d have to like rooting for him, but I had to see him play great before I did. I’ve never liked Antonio Brown. I’ve been making jokes about him all week but now he’s on my team. He needs to provide an impact before I’m hooked.

*sigh* referees already impacting games.  The rules are so arbitrary it's disgusting.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

76ers forward Mike Scott, who is a pretty popular player here, went to the Eagles vs Washington game in Washington gear and got into a legitimate fight with tailgating Eagles fans.  Investigations are underway - not sure who started it.  Not sure what he was thinking - it's cool to be a fan of whatever team you want to be, but if you play in a city and presumably most of your fans are also fans of the Eagles, maybe not rub it in their face.  Curious how the fight started.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

76ers forward Mike Scott, who is a pretty popular player here, went to the Eagles vs Washington game in Washington gear and got into a legitimate fight with tailgating Eagles fans.  Investigations are underway - not sure who started it.  Not sure what he was thinking - it's cool to be a fan of whatever team you want to be, but if you play in a city and presumably most of your fans are also fans of the Eagles, maybe not rub it in their face.  Curious how the fight started.

Counterpoint: no.

EDIT: I read the lines and stayed away from Baltimore/Miami. That was a mistake! Miami's going to make people some money this year.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

9 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Counterpoint: no.

Why troll the people that pay to see you play and support you?  Not saying to pander to them and pretend to be an Eagles fan, but just not put it in their face.  In the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal, but seems to be unnecessary.

1 minute ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Why troll the people that pay to see you play and support you?  Not saying to pander to them and pretend to be an Eagles fan, but just not put it in their face.  In the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal, but seems to be unnecessary.

I get what you're saying, but Mike Scott is allowed to like a football team that is from a different city than the franchise he plays for and people can go pound sand if they don't like it. Mike Scott could be traded to the Nuggets or Pelicans (or Wizards) tomorrow. And considering Philly's past treatment of players as assets, Philly fans really can't complain about Sixers players not having blind loyalty to the city.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm with BBTV here. I get that you're allowed to be a fan of whoever you want to be a fan of, and I don't even mind if you go to a game for another team in the town you play in and wear the other team's cap or jersey. Fans should realize that hey, you're a person you have your own loyalties, and respect that.

At the same time? If you're that athlete? Probably best not to be a total jack :censored: about it. Just wear your Washington jersey, go to the game, enjoy yourself. And if people give you grief just say "I'm from northern Virginia, what do you want?"

3 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

I'm with BBTV here. I get that you're allowed to be a fan of whoever you want to be a fan of, and I don't even mind if you go to a game for another team in the town you play in and wear the other team's cap or jersey. Fans should realize that hey, you're a person you have your own loyalties, and respect that.

At the same time? If you're that athlete? Probably best not to be a total jack :censored: about it. Just wear your Washington jersey, go to the game, enjoy yourself. And if people give you grief just say "I'm from northern Virginia, what do you want?"

You are saying this like a eagles fan didn’t get into his face trying to start a fight knowing who he was. I don’t thing an IG post and happening to get into a fight on your way into the stadium as rubbing it in.

Archived