2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

Yes, we should feel bad for the drunk driver.  It's a shame he's "punishing himself mentally".🙄

EDIT: I'll drop the DUI talk.  Just to get back to football, could/should a team that signs a "bad guy" that gets in trouble or needs to be cut be punished?  Maybe put some more responsibility on the team to do their homework or encourage them to not take risks on known bad actors?  The obvious downside is that it could encourage teams to hide things, but we all know there's "fixers" and that stuff happens already.  So kinda like "OK, if you want to bring that guy into our league, you're vouching for him and if he screws up, YOU pay."

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, even with the AB stuff, who would you punish, you surely can punish the patriots because they didn’t know about this stuff that happened years ago when they signed him. You also can’t punish the Steelers because they didn’t know about it either even if they almost encouraged his behavior by letting things slide. You can’t punish the team for the mistakes of the individual. The team can’t control everything a player does. And if a player does get suspended or commissioner exempt listed isn’t that enough punishment for a team being without a player that can help them win football games which is what every teams goal is each week next to making money.  

4 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Yes, we should feel bad for the drunk driver.  It's a shame he's "punishing himself mentally".🙄

EDIT: I'll drop the DUI talk.  Just to get back to football, could/should a team that signs a "bad guy" that gets in trouble or needs to be cut be punished?  Maybe put some more responsibility on the team to do their homework or encourage them to not take risks on known bad actors?  The obvious downside is that it could encourage teams to hide things, but we all know there's "fixers" and that stuff happens already.  So kinda like "OK, if you want to bring that guy into our league, you're vouching for him and if he screws up, YOU pay."

Teams would not "hide things", the player and his party are the ones who are hiding.  Remember, a college program may hide issues so that the kid can be drafted and give money back to the school/program quid pro quo.  The NFL and teams use former FBI and former police detectives to interview collegiate coaches and staff before the draft, so they look at any public documents they can obtain.  There is a NFL Security Department, so not just the draft but gameday.

The second link illustrates how addicted we are to football and how the NFL thinks they are secured and how many miles they claim they walk during a game to prove that. 

Regardless of industry, talent generally supersedes risk.

Three phantom offensive PIs, including one at the very end on a great catch near the end zone that cost the eagles the game. Can’t be challenged because inside 2 minutes. Eagles sucked today, and can’t win while their top WRs are out, but the refs took this one. 3 offensive PI?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Three phantom offensive PIs, including one at the very end on a great catch near the end zone that cost the eagles the game. Can’t be challenged because inside 2 minutes. Eagles sucked today, and can’t win while their top WRs are out, but the refs took this one. 3 offensive PI?

Is Carson Wentz good? It doesn't seem like it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

7 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

He hasn’t been the same since suffering those tears back in 2017, but it also doesn’t help that his WR corps is trash and drops everything. I think he still is a good QB but he hasn’t continued to improve. 

He’s definitely no longer a far better QB than Dak though. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Dallas played like crap the first 30 minutes, really should never have been as close as it got at half (10-6). Perhaps Dallas was too busy looking forward to next week against New Orleans to actually show up and play in the first half.

You're not going to win many games if you play like you did in the first half; they were lucky they were playing a team in Miami who punted the ball on the season before they even took their first snap.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

28 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

I always thought Eagles got rid of the wrong QB. 

Then you haven’t watched a lot of football. Nick Foles doesn’t have a great track record of holding on to jobs. When he’s on he’s outstanding, but that’s not the norm. 

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

I still think yes - but he’s plagued by the feeling of needing to do it all himself, which is what happens when your top targets aren’t available. I’m no fan of him personally but I really do feel that he should be a top 5, maybe better QB. The thing is that the word “should” doesn’t usually get thrown around with guys in that elite tier, and for good reason. I don’t think 2017 was a fluke, and he was on the way to MVP before he got hurt while beating the rams. 

Archived