2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

I really need a Bears win tonight and for Mitch to start coming into his this season like he did in the Bills or Bucs game last year. 

Anyone know who is going to be in on the WGN broadcast of the game tonight? I’m more inclined to watch it than ESPN’s.

spacer.png

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been a discouraging start to the season for the Browns, no doubt. But no reason they can't piece it together. Baker looked like a rookie his first few starts last year, then he hit his stride. This year defenses are playing him differently, he is struggling. I expect he will adjust and improve, just like last year. Just in time for an important matchup with the Ravens. If they win this game they will have the division lead at 2-2. Could be a turning point for the team. 

T1oYViW.png

On 9/23/2019 at 12:59 AM, AustinFomBoston said:

As a Browns fan, are you really saying the Browns shouldn't  have at least been able to force OT? Goff has a pretty sloppy game & the Browns defense actually played well. 

Speaking as a Browns fan, I'm saying the the Rams were the better team. Period. To claim the Rams won because the Browns weren't capable of "taking a freebie" is completely discounting just how well the Rams defense played. Both teams have what I think are legit Super Bowl defenses. The Browns have quite a few issues that need to be addressed on offense. Not the least of which is that their O-Line is decimated with injuries. That said, I find it kinda silly that someone would watch that game and say "yeah, the Rams spent the entire game trying to give it away, but the Browns were too lousy to take it." That's just lazy analysis and you know it as well as I do.

BB52Big.jpg

37 minutes ago, selby56 said:

It has been a discouraging start to the season for the Browns, no doubt. But no reason they can't piece it together. Baker looked like a rookie his first few starts last year, then he hit his stride. This year defenses are playing him differently, he is struggling. I expect he will adjust and improve, just like last year. Just in time for an important matchup with the Ravens. If they win this game they will have the division lead at 2-2. Could be a turning point for the team. 

The first half of the schedule is brutal. Our Browns have a 2nd year QB, a 1st year HC, new OC, new DC, a new star WR, and expectations that were too high from the start. If they can manage to hang around .500 for the first half of the season, I think we'll get to see the Browns we expected in the second half. 

BB52Big.jpg

11 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

The first half of the schedule is brutal. Our Browns have a 2nd year QB, a 1st year HC, new OC, new DC, a new star WR, and expectations that were too high from the start. If they can manage to hang around .500 for the first half of the season, I think we'll get to see the Browns we expected in the second half. 

Especially if the Steelers can't get started and the Ravens don't take the next step forward. People have said 2-4 for the Browns at the bye and now I'm thinking that's a pretty good place to be with the "easier" part of the schedule on the back end of the year. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

12 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Y’all won’t be winning anything with Freddie kitchens as your HC. He is coaching way over his head and it’s been showing. 

Browns biggest problem is their Offensive line, as the game against the Rams showed. 

Also I feel like they aren’t giving OBJ the ball enough. For a guy that talented they should be taking more chances with him. 

Bottom line; Browns lost what was a winnable game for them. I think we can all agree on that. 

If the defense plays like it did last night, and they work on protecting Baker, they could have and outside chance at a Wildcard. Assuming Steelers continue to struggle with Rudolph. 

4 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Browns biggest problem is their Offensive line, as the game against the Rams showed. 

Also I feel like they aren’t giving OBJ the ball enough. For a guy that talented they should be taking more chances with him. 

Bottom line; Browns lost what was a winnable game for them. I think we can all agree on that. 

If the defense plays like it did last night, and they work on protecting Baker, they could have and outside chance at a Wildcard. Assuming Steelers continue to struggle with Rudolph. 

That's the problem. Too many times when Baker was looking for him they had OBJ covered. Baker works best with quick in patterns when the rush is coming in like that. Most teams can't sustain that an entire game. The Rams can however. As far as the defense, that says a lot about how well their DC got them ready. how many teams can replace their entire secondary in a week and still be close to winning a game? They literally signed a guy on Wednesday and he played on Sunday. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

17 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

Ravens had some super ticky-tack calls throughout the game, including a crap holding call that negated a huge run and an OPI call that should've been another holding call because the guy the refs busted for OPI was blocking, and Jackson threw a screen pass to another guy on the play. 

The play you described was even worse than your description.  You can be called for blocking early on a screen pass.  However, the play in question was an overhand lateral to Chris Moore. Therefore, it should have been treated like a running play.  Instead, OPI was called . . . on a running play. Even Dan Fouts managed to notice.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

I wonder what the percentage of exciting NFL plays are immediately negated by flags.

Betting on football is really a sign of sickness.  You can have all the stats and info and whatever, and it doesn't matter because a completely unnecessary flag can either change the game or at least impact the score enough to cost you your bet.  It's not an objective game anymore - it's totally up to either the whims or skill-level of the officials, who have too many judgement calls to make.

Think about baseball - you're either safe or your out.  There are some judgement calls, maybe like interference or infield fly, but 99% of the game is objective and easily corrected.  Football, nearly everything is just judgement, and replay can't do anything about that.  Holding could be called on every play.  Block in the back could be called on every kickoff.  PI?  Judgement.  I get the point of the rules, but they're not enforced consistently and in good faith.  The spirit of block in the back isn't to call it when it hapens on the other side of the field and the defender turns away from the guy that's running at him.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Betting on football is really a sign of sickness.  You can have all the stats and info and whatever, and it doesn't matter because a completely unnecessary flag can either change the game or at least impact the score enough to cost you your bet.  It's not an objective game anymore - it's totally up to either the whims or skill-level of the officials, who have too many judgement calls to make.

Think about baseball - you're either safe or your out.  There are some judgement calls, maybe like interference or infield fly, but 99% of the game is objective and easily corrected.  Football, nearly everything is just judgement, and replay can't do anything about that.  Holding could be called on every play.  Block in the back could be called on every kickoff.  PI?  Judgement.  I get the point of the rules, but they're not enforced consistently and in good faith.  The spirit of block in the back isn't to call it when it hapens on the other side of the field and the defender turns away from the guy that's running at him.

Excellent points. Agree 100%. 

BB52Big.jpg

Archived