2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

Mahomes hurt his right knee. On a QB sneak. Andy, why in the flying hell would send your best player who has a gimpy ankle on a sneak?! Why?

On the positive side, the defense+special teams have stepped up big so far. Could just be the Broncos not being that good but I'll take anything.

And Mahomes is out for the rest of the game. Way to go, you Robotnik impersonator.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Red Comet said:

Mahomes hurt his right knee. On a QB sneak. Andy, why in the flying hell would send your best player who has a gimpy ankle on a sneak?! Why?

On the positive side, the defense+special teams have stepped up big so far. Could just be the Broncos not being that good but I'll take anything.

And Mahomes is out for the rest of the game. Way to go, you Robotnik impersonator.

Fangio is a 1970-80's risk-adverse coach.  He thinks he can still hire a OC who will accept $750K to do what he is told and play a FB/H-Back and play to win like Joe Gibbs, Bill Parcells or any other I-Formation coach of that era.  It's like Fangio took the Michigan State playbook from fellow Italian-American MSU's Mark Dantonio

8 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Fangio is a 1970-80's risk-adverse coach.  He thinks he can still hire a OC who will accept $750K to do what he is told and play a FB/H-Back and play to win like Joe Gibbs, Bill Parcells or any other I-Formation coach of that era.  It's like Fangio took the Michigan State playbook from fellow Italian-American MSU's Mark Dantonio

After dealing with smug Donkeys fans for so long, I am looking forward to seeing how long this clown show is going to last. Couldn't happen to a better fanbase. Raiders fans are more tolerable. 

1 hour ago, Red Comet said:

Lol @ Robotnik impersonator.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

https://deadspin.com/why-nfl-officiating-is-such-a- :censored:show-right-now-1839105323

Lions-Packers was merely the symptom of a much larger problem, which is that the thrill of NFL games increasingly tends to be dulled by the people enforcing the rules. This is not a new problem, as anyone who’s consistently watched the NFL for the last couple of decades can attest.

“There’s always been controversy surrounding officiating, in my time in the NFL, and I was there for 20 years,” Fox Sports rules analyst and former NFL VP of officiating Dean Blandino told me. “There were seasons where it felt like there was a lot of talk about officiating, and ‘This is the worst officiating ever,’ and so I don’t think this is unprecedented.”

Ex-Eagles and Browns executive Joe Banner disagrees:

Outrage at officiating is no doubt a time-honored NFL tradition. And there will always be blown calls. But the situation is more pronounced thanks to the NFL’s never-ending attempts to perfect the imperfectible, to legislate its way out of a patch of embarrassment, only to stumble into a thicket of unforeseen consequences.

“It’s getting harder and harder to trust that the officials can and will make the right call at the right time for the right reasons,” Mike Sielski wrote recently in the Philadelphia Inquirer. “There is a perception—and it has been fed by a whole lot of reality—that any game, even the most consequential of games, will be decided by a dubious officiating call.”

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

9 hours ago, Red Comet said:

I think it’s more the Broncos offensive line looked like a wet paper bag last night. Shouldn’t have mattered though because we all know flacco is “elite”

31 minutes ago, dont care said:

I think it’s more the Broncos offensive line looked like a wet paper bag last night. Shouldn’t have mattered though because we all know flacco is “elite”

That's what I thought but its still nice to see a defense impose its will rather than look like a bunch of clowns pretending to be football players.

9 hours ago, DG_Now said:

stuff about crappy refs

The trouble is, in regards to the officiating, what is the NFL going to do about it? The answer is not a gosh darn thing. Why? It’s not affecting the bottom line. People will still watch football despite bad refs, and that’s been proven for years. As long as people still watch, the NFL won’t care. 

spacer.png

11 hours ago, Red Comet said:

After dealing with smug Donkeys fans for so long, I am looking forward to seeing how long this clown show is going to last. Couldn't happen to a better fanbase. Raiders fans are more tolerable. 

John Elway is one of my personal favorite sports figures in terms of schadenfreude. Watching him trade for Joe Flacco after it was painfully obvious we were going to cut him anyway, then have the audacity to say he’s entering his prime at 34 years old was particularly enjoyable. The man built a defense that could’ve won Nathan Peterman a Super Bowl, and has been coasting on that for years. You love to see it. 

spacer.png

At least I can still point out how funny it is that the Chiefs have never held the Lamar Hunt Trophy. Last night was a bad football night for me. Fortunately I drove up to Jonesboro so I only had to watch one team get whipped by a rival.

Some Fitzmagic brewing in Buffalo today. He's always due for a few of these games a season; why not against the Bills?

9 minutes ago, the admiral said:

How brutal was this 49ers-Redskins game that it ended 9-0 while all the other games were starting the fourth?

Lots of slipping, sliding, punts and missed field goals. To coin a new term, it was a slog-er-knocker. 

They were playing that trash locally. The players had fun doing slip and slides at the end.

Fitz was magic today! But so was the Bills defense and special teams. 5-1 at a time when a lot of the AFC is beating itself; for once, the Bills are also benefiting from a bad AFC East. And a bad NFC East too, from the looks of it.

Sequence in Hawks/Ravens:

1. Hawks challenge a PI no-call at the goal line, call is upheld, Hawks kick a FG. Hawks lose their last TO

2. Hawks get the ball back

3. Luke Willson gets mugged, no PI call, and no challenges left

4. Russell Wilson throws a pick 6

#4 is why #3 is so important to get right, and how trash NFL officiating affects outcomes of games. If the officials allow DBs to mug receivers (but only sometimes!), players have no idea what to expect or how to adapt.

No one has ever paid money to watch the referees, but they're the third, most powerful team on the field.

Archived