2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

4 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Was reading on Espn.com about how Gerald McCoy (DT, Panthers) couldn't go to his son's senior-year HS football game, so some of his former teammates went on his behalf.

McCoy is 31.  How does he have a son that's a high-school senior?  Or in high school at all?  I'm trying hard to figure out the math on this one.  His bio says he's married and he and his wife have 4 kids.  Let's say the kid is 17 - that would mean McCoy was 14 when he sired him? If he's 18 like most HS kids, then that would make McCoy 13. That's certainly physically possible, but probably unlikely - especially if his kids are with his wife.

Yeah that caught my attention too. Going to weird as hell being a grandfather in the NFL if that happens. IIRC, only Brett Favre and George Blanda were grandfathers while playing but I could be wrong.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Let's say the kid is 17 - that would mean McCoy was 14 when he sired him? If he's 18 like most HS kids, then that would make McCoy 13. That's certainly physically possible, but probably unlikely - especially if his kids are with his wife.

Plus 10 months of pregnancy, give or take.

This article says he was "barely a teenager" when his son was born.

On 10/14/2019 at 2:58 PM, Wings said:

The NFL is pretty much a giant steaming pile of manure. One great team, a few good teams & a whole lot of crap. If wasn't for gambling nobody would give a $hit.

It started turning into manure in 2001 when the league started fixing the sport for the Patriots. If you put the rosters that they have had (including the overrated Tom Brady) the last 19 years in Cleveland without Belichick, Kraft, and Ernie Adams, they wouldn't have won a darn thing.

2 hours ago, DnBronc said:

It started turning into manure in 2001 when the league started fixing the sport for the Patriots. If you put the rosters that they have had (including the overrated Tom Brady) the last 19 years in Cleveland without Belichick, Kraft, and Ernie Adams, they wouldn't have won a darn thing.

This is a really bad take

Just now, Seadragon76 said:

All this talent they have in Cleveland and they're getting nothing out of it right now... it's like the hamster wheel keeps running there, but the hamster is now brain dead.

Yep, despite not liking Greg Williams personally. This team needed him as head coach to keep the discipline up and actually run the team. Kitchens is way over his head

10 hours ago, DnBronc said:

El. Oh. El.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

11 hours ago, DnBronc said:

"It's only an island if you look at it from the water"

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Cleveland not being able to play disciplined and not make mistakes because they have a pushover for a coach doesn’t mean it’s fixed.

I don't think "being undisciplined" can explain those turnovers. Those looked like they were on purpose to me.

1 minute ago, DnBronc said:

I don't think "being undisciplined" can explain those turnovers. Those looked like they were on purpose to me.

A punch out fumble, and a fumble caused because Chubb was undisciplined and didn’t hold on to the ball with 2 hands while going through a nonexistent hole weren’t on purpose. Bakers interception looked suspect but that was just a broken play by the defender.  

40 minutes ago, DnBronc said:

You're crazy. 

Also "Tom Brady is Actually Bad" is a terrible take. 

Why do the cranks always find their way here?

Nagy intentionally set his field goal unit back two yards on a victory formation down by one because he didn't trust his backs not to fumble it, and then they missed the kick by an eyelash. Either he's a moron, or he's right and the Bears are not an NFL team. Well, at least they got it up to two playoff appearances in thirteen years.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived