2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

On 11/2/2019 at 11:32 AM, SFGiants58 said:

You know their response:

spacer.png

We have a few good ones (@Brass, @Pharos04, and @speedy), but most are utter chodes. 

Much appreciated for the kind words. Are there any consistent bad Patriots fans here or were you referring to Pats fans in general? Most seem levelheaded here, but then again, I don’t read every post.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Brass said:

Much appreciated for the kind words. Are there any consistent bad Patriots fans here or were you referring to Pats fans in general? Most seem levelheaded here, but then again, I don’t read every post.

You’re welcome. There are like one or two consistently bad ones here, then a few who rarely post. Most Pats fans here are level-headed, or are at the very least self-aware. I’d also argue that Pats fans in the wild can get very terrible. Freehernandez.jpg is my evidence.

I would tend to believe that a large majority of Pats fans think that Brady has 2, maybe 3 years left in the NFL and not 5 or 6 like the rest of the NFL tends to believe.  Sooner or later his skills are going to decline.  We saw this in Brett Favre post Green Bay and Peyton Manning in Denver.  Peyton's last year he threw for 9 TD and 17 INT with a 67.9 QB rating and missed 7 games. 

Brett Favre was a dummy with the football and got away with it because of his skills... until they faded.

Manning had some pretty serious injury issues that impacted his abilities, and only lasted as long as he did because he was very smart.

Brady has been injury free and is also smart, so even if/when his skills decline, he'll get a few extra seasons just because he's smart enough to know himself and not attempt to make plays that his body can't do.

I think it's a safe bet that Brady and Belichick will retire together, and if the latter is waiting on the former, then there's no reason to believe we won't still be having this discussion in 2023.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

I would tend to believe that a large majority of Pats fans think that Brady has 2, maybe 3 years left in the NFL and not 5 or 6 like the rest of the NFL tends to believe. 

He's 42... does anyone actually believe he has five years left?

I guess the Dolphins have given up on there hopes to play the Bengals in the Tank For Tua Bowl at the end of the year. Bengals now in sole possession of last place. Although knowing how stupid Mike Brown is, if we do indeed get the number 1 draft pick he'll probably skip Tua and go for some unknown guy thats completely useless to our team.

Signature intentionally left blank

25 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

Depends on the role Brady is willing to play. George Blanda played well into his 40's, but he was willing to be a backup QB at that point. Would Brady step aside for a younger QB? Probably not, but anything is possible. He'd be a nice option off the bench if needed. 

That said, I think his body will give out well before he plays another five years. Take it from someone who knows, you might have a season or two left after age 40, but things drop off pretty quickly at around 43. And I was only playing baseball in an adult league. We weren't being chased around by 23 year old defensive players who weighed 300+ pounds. Point being, I did OK from age 40-42, but just three years prior to turning 40, I was hitting .360 and leading the team in RBI. By the time I hit 40, that average was down in the low .260's and by my last season at age 42, I'd gone from starting at first base to DH. I'd have a good game here and there, but I was basically done. If Brady's body doesn't fail him, his consistency surely will. Long story short, he's not playing another five years. 

I should add that I'm in no way comparing rec league baseball to the NFL or myself to a player like Brady, I'm just pointing out what seems to happen to all of us after age 40. You see it in MLB, the NFL, the NBA, even NASCAR. Something just happens after 40. 

BB52Big.jpg

6 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

You’re welcome. There are like one or two consistently bad ones here, then a few who rarely post. Most Pats fans here are level-headed, or are at the very least self-aware. I’d also argue that Pats fans in the wild can get very terrible. Freehernandez.jpg is my evidence.

The problem with most Pats fans is:

A.) they don’t understand why other fans dislike their franchise and

B.) they have a fascination with other people NEEDING to recognize Brady as the “GOAT.”

Personally, I do understand why fans hate the Patriots franchise and I don’t care if you think Brady is or isn’t the ”GOAT.”

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

1 hour ago, Cosmic said:

If you listen to the media, they're hoping that he becomes the first 60-year-old Super Bowl winner.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

1 hour ago, Crabcake47 said:

The Browns had 12 men on the field. On a kneel down. 

Once the Browns, always the Browns. 

But I thought the Ravens were once the Browns?

They are the epitome of $1,000,000 talent, $.01 mind. How can a team so talented be so stupid?

3 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Depends on the role Brady is willing to play. George Blanda played well into his 40's, but he was willing to be a backup QB at that point. Would Brady step aside for a younger QB? Probably not, but anything is possible. He'd be a nice option off the bench if needed. 

That said, I think his body will give out well before he plays another five years. Take it from someone who knows, you might have a season or two left after age 40, but things drop off pretty quickly at around 43. And I was only playing baseball in an adult league. We weren't being chased around by 23 year old defensive players who weighed 300+ pounds. Point being, I did OK from age 40-42, but just three years prior to turning 40, I was hitting .360 and leading the team in RBI. By the time I hit 40, that average was down in the low .260's and by my last season at age 42, I'd gone from starting at first base to DH. I'd have a good game here and there, but I was basically done. If Brady's body doesn't fail him, his consistency surely will. Long story short, he's not playing another five years. 

I should add that I'm in no way comparing rec league baseball to the NFL or myself to a player like Brady, I'm just pointing out what seems to happen to all of us after age 40. You see it in MLB, the NFL, the NBA, even NASCAR. Something just happens after 40. 

brady has the best nutritionists, supplements, trainers, doctors, and anything else you can think of.  While I’m currently experiencing everything you’re talking about - you’re totally right and it really sucks... I think that with all he has at his fingertips and with the way he plays the game, he can play well past what you and some others are thinking. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived