2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

1 minute ago, infrared41 said:

RE: The Patriots losing to Baltimore last night. It's one game. It won't mean a thing in January. The Pats weren't going to go 16-0. They are still the best team in the league. 

Exactly. And I know the personnel has changed drastically over the past decade plus but if one team in the AFC consistently has given the Patriots trouble it's been the Ravens. I have friends who were more worried about the friggen' Jets last week. I was disgusted.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Brass said:

The defensive play calling for the Patriots tonight is...interesting. I don’t think they’re playing for a win tonight. I think they’re playing to not give the Ravens much film to study in the event of a playoff matchup.

I think there's some truth to this and I don't know why people are questioning you. After the Ravens jumped out to the big lead there's simply no reason for the Pats to reveal plans for later in a game they're probably not going to win and won't really matter that much at the end of the season. Belichick has played the long game like this many times before, especially since 2007 when they maybe showed the Giants a little bit too much insight in their first meeting. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

25 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

I think there's some truth to this and I don't know why people are questioning you. After the Ravens jumped out to the big lead there's simply no reason for the Pats to reveal plans for later in a game they're probably not going to win and won't really matter that much at the end of the season. Belichick has played the long game like this many times before, especially since 2007 when they maybe showed the Giants a little bit too much insight in their first meeting. 

After watching that big run by Ingram in the first quarter, it reminded me of Chubb's big run, minus the fumble at the end. It shows that New England is vulnerable to strong offensive lines that can push their linebackers around.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28005022/cleveland-browns-waive-jermaine-whitehead-threatening-posts

giphy.gif

The guy's an idiot. You just got beat. It's frustrating because they probably all walked around this week thinking they were just going to roll through Denver. They got punched in the mouth, and didn't know what to do. Watching his "attempt" at tackling Fant, when have big bodies ever just gone down without throwing your weight into them? Pathetic. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

52 minutes ago, McCarthy said:
11 hours ago, Brass said:

The defensive play calling for the Patriots tonight is...interesting. I don’t think they’re playing for a win tonight. I think they’re playing to not give the Ravens much film to study in the event of a playoff matchup.

I totally buy that. Belichick isn't concerned about a game in the first week of November. He's always playing the long game. If the guy sees a tactical advantage that will help his team in the playoffs, he's going to take it. Every time. 

BB52Big.jpg

1 hour ago, leopard88 said:

Maybe Brady can become a kicker like George Blanda. 😛

Not to date myself, but I'm old enough to remember George Blanda as an actual active NFL player.  😐

1 hour ago, infrared41 said:

Same here. I remember him playing for the Raiders. 

Make it three.  I remember him in early seventies games (and a bunch of commercials) on TV.

It is what it is.

26 minutes ago, B-Rich said:

Make it three.  I remember him in early seventies games (and a bunch of commercials) on TV.

There aren't many of us around here . . . and now we're older than he was when he retired.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

4 hours ago, McCarthy said:

It was definitely my initial thought. I didn’t watch the game until the second quarter when it was 17-7 Ravens, so I can’t speak for how they played in the first quarter, but the Patriots defense seemed way more conservative than usual.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Speaking of Lamar Jackson, it's far too early for a victory lap, but this take from when he was drafted is aging very nicely:

(I need my pats on the back now before this whole thing blows up spectacularly)

1 hour ago, GFB said:

Speaking of Lamar Jackson, it's far too early for a victory lap, but this take from when he was drafted is aging very nicely:

I reread your whole post (which I "liked" back in May 2018) and will gladly play along.

spacer.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

5 hours ago, GFB said:

I'm not ashamed to eat crow. I was completely wrong about Jackson's ceiling. Earlier in this thread I brought up the fact that he currently ranks in the Top 5 in QBR. He's already an MVP candidate in just his second year. I don't know how anyone is going to be able to stop this guy. In my defense though, I never questioned whether he'd be a good quarterback, I just didn't believe that he had the type of potential to become this dominant. But you called it, so hats off to you.

spacer.png

QBR isn't a real stat*...but Lamar Jackson is the real deal.

Btw, a cat just scored a touchdown on MNF...but not before trolling the crowd first. 😄

*QBR is a proprietary ESPN thing.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

24 minutes ago, Buc said:

Btw, a cat just scored a touchdown on MNF...but not before trolling the crowd first. 😄

ESPN: “Is Cat vs. Mahomes the next Brady vs. Manning?”

Bayless: Cat Needs to “Grow Up”, “Act Like It’s Been There Before”

Cowherd: Cat is “Immature, Childish”

Stephen A: “Need to See a Lot More” From Cat

Simmons: Brady Shouldn’t Feel Threatened by Cat

Polian: Cat Should Play WR

spacer.png

The Cowboys are dumb. I say that as probably the biggest Cowboys homer on these boards. 

They have as much talent as anybody in the league, but their uncanny ability to shoot themselves in the foot, repeatedly, (stretching back over the last two decades) will stop them from being anything other than a slightly above average team. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

14 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

The Cowboys are dumb. I say that as probably the biggest Cowboys homer on these boards. 

They have as much talent as anybody in the league, but their uncanny ability to shoot themselves in the foot, repeatedly, (stretching back over the last two decades) will stop them from being anything other than a slightly above average team. 

It's almost like they've had the same Head coach for over a decade. 🤔

10 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

I say, instead of waterboarding people to make them talk, just torture them by forcing them to watch The Clapper and his bumbling antics on repeat until they crack.

Because there are times when watching this team is truly torture.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

I mean, I know they're inconsistent and such, but a/ Dallas did win and b/ they're currently sitting at 5-3 right now. Y'all talking about them like they're the Snatit or something. 😄

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Also in Dallas’ favor is the Eagles have lost both their top offensive and top defensive offseason acquisitions for the season (after each played only one full game) and are going to be starting practice squad guys the rest of the way. 

I felt strongly that this was the most talented Eagles team in a decade and they should have been considered one of the favorites, but unlike when they won the SB, they simply didn’t plan well enough to have depth at key positions like DB and WR. 

9-7 is the realistic finish for them, and it’s not going to be enough to get in this year. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived