2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Oh, and let's not forget that an (at best) 9-7 Eagles/Cowboys team, is going to have home field against a (likely) 13-3 or 12-4 Seahawks or 49ers. 😂

And said Eageles or Cowboys will most likely get destroyed at home by the Seahawks or Niners. 

48 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Oh, and let's not forget that an (at best) 9-7 Eagles/Cowboys team, is going to have home field against a (likely) 13-3 or 12-4 Seahawks or 49ers. 😂

7-9 Seahawks beat the Saints with the BeastQuake.

8-8 Chargers won the 2008 wildcard game in OT gainst the Colts in Dungy's final game.

EDIT: I was at the less fun game. I was at that Chargers game but behind me was a flight attendant (with her family) who knew me from former DFW to LAX/SFO/SAN flights from a few years before 2008.  It was a bit creepy as she knew when I upgraded.  That's when I stopped flying that airline.  She and her family wanted the Chargers and I liked Dungy and (to a degree) Peyton so you know where things lie.

Went to the 07 Chargers/Titans Wildcard game too and made sure I bought a Club seat for potential rain and knew to take the trolley as opposed to pay for parking.

Well, for the first time in about 14 years, I willingly didn’t watch a Cowboys game (thank god my work needed me last night), and after getting home and checking the score, I certainly made the right decision lol. What a disaster. 

The laughable part is that the Cowboys can lose next week to the Rams too, but so long as they beat the Eagles and Redskins, they’ll host a playoff game. And make no mistake, either the Niners or Seahawks will blow them out. 

They need a culture change. New coaches on both sides of the ball and special teams. (Kellen can stay; I want to see what his system can do without Garrett’s influence; and Colombo).

It finally looks like Jerry has had enough of Garrett, so if there’s a silver lining for us Cowboys fans, it’s that.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

1 hour ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Well, for the first time in about 14 years, I willingly didn’t watch a Cowboys game (thank god my work needed me last night), and after getting home and checking the score, I certainly made the right decision lol. What a disaster. 

The laughable part is that the Cowboys can lose next week to the Rams too, but so long as they beat the Eagles and Redskins, they’ll host a playoff game. And make no mistake, either the Niners or Seahawks will blow them out. 

They need a culture change. New coaches on both sides of the ball and special teams. (Kellen can stay; I want to see what his system can do without Garrett’s influence; and Colombo).

It finally looks like Jerry has had enough of Garrett, so if there’s a silver lining for us Cowboys fans, it’s that.

I just hope all this has finally got the message across to Jerry. The next coach for the Cowboys needs to be able to make the tough decisions. He needs to not merely be a vessel for Jerruh. Keep your hands off the day-to-day operations Jerry. The team will be better, the head coach will actually be a head coach, and the players will play better as a result.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

12 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

I just hope all this has finally got the message across to Jerry. The next coach for the Cowboys needs to be able to make the tough decisions. He needs to not merely be a vessel for Jerruh. Keep your hands off the day-to-day operations Jerry.

The team will be better, the head coach will actually be a head coach, and the players will play better as a result.

Bold #1: For the last approx. 6 seasons, Stephen and Will McClay were supposedly doing that, as illustrated by them not drafting Johnny Manziel in 2014, but taking Zack Martin.

Bold #2: Outside of the four Bill Parcells seasons, coaches have seen 20+ years of that not happening.  So unless Jerry's bringing in Pete Carroll, Tom Coughlin, Mike Shanahan, or some other dude with pelts on the wall, that ain't gonna happen as Jerry will just throw cash around since that's who he is. 

14 hours ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

I just hope all this has finally got the message across to Jerry. The next coach for the Cowboys needs to be able to make the tough decisions. He needs to not merely be a vessel for Jerruh. Keep your hands off the day-to-day operations Jerry. The team will be better, the head coach will actually be a head coach, and the players will play better as a result.

The talk on the radio today was that he's the only owner of the DFW sports teams to have his own radio show and even his son, Stephen as a weekly radio segment.  The owners of the Rangers are very invisible as is Tom Gaglardi, the owner of the Stars (who's only public appearance yearly is usually the NHL Draft).  Even Mark Cuban, as visible as he is, doesn't even have a weekly radio segment.  Heck, Cuban doesn't even get involved in personnel decisions like Jerry does as for the Mavericks, its Donnie Nelson.  Sure, Cuban knows the personnel moves the Mavericks make, but he allows Nelson to do his thing and for Rick Carlisle to coach and he rarely comments after each game, leaving that to Carlisle. 

7 hours ago, GDAWG said:

The talk on the radio today was that he's the only owner of the DFW sports teams to have his own radio show and even his son, Stephen as a weekly radio segment. 

Not that it’s a good idea, but he IS the GM; it’s not wholly unusual for the GM of a team to have regular radio appearances.

Josh Allen getting crushed out there today. Also, refs ain't calling PI, at least not until it'll be unfathomable why.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

With teams possibly becoming division champions with a .500 or lower record hosting a team with a double-digit win record (and also possibly bumping a 10+ win team for a playoff spot), that got me thinking. What is the worst possible record a division champion could have under current rules if you could make the schedule?

14 minutes ago, sayahh said:

With teams possibly becoming division champions with a .500 or lower record hosting a team with a double-digit win record (and also possibly bumping a 10+ win team for a playoff spot), that got me thinking. What is the worst possible record a division champion could have under current rules if you could make the schedule?

Worst possible? 4-12 where you go .500 with 2 teams and win out versus the other in the decision. The rest of the teams go .500 with eachother, and then all the teams lose every game outside there division. 

Archived