2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

1 minute ago, DG_Now said:

You can support player empowerment when it comes to agency and basic respect in the abstract without being in total support of every stupid thing they do.

Who exactly do you think is in favor of Antonio Brown farting on doctors and sexually assaulting women?

What point are you making here?

I may be going out on a limb here, but I think @the admiral was making a joke.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, McCarthy said:

49ers, Bengals, Chargers are wins. Not ready to crown the Ravens after playing two of the worst teams in the NFL. I’ll believe the Steelers are bad when I see it. And even then it’s going to take another five years of losing before I can trust that it’s real. 

9ers and bengals are big maybes. They aren’t beating the chargers unless they completely fall apart.

First of all, the reigning CCSLC Pickem Champion is owed more respect for my Football Soothsaying. Second of all, you people aren't listening to me. The Steelers aren't suddenly bad now just because their P.O.S. QB went down. They're not even bad because Bell and Brown are gone. Random plugs will fill their spots, probably put up better numbers. Mason Rudolph will be the next great NFL QB. I know this because I've never seen them not do this. This is what they do. While the rest of you are focused on hating the Patriots you're all sleeping on the true evil in the NFL. Thankfully I'm here to keep everyone woke. 

The Bengals will not beat the Steelers (I'd bet my house on this), the 49ers will not beat the Steelers (I'd bet your house on this). The Chargers might beat the Steelers, but in every single case I lean to picking the Steelers because they exist solely for the purposes of ruining lives and killing fun, plus they always always always get the benefit of the officiating. Always. The Steelers plodding dominance is the #3 reason the NFL has been such a dismal product over the last 10 years.

I would love nothing more than to be wrong and to watch this franchise finally choke on a season, finally swing and miss on draft picks, and finally put the worst people alive through the type of season every other fanbase has had to suffer through, but I'll believe it when I see it. If you're calling that now I think you're being foolhardy. FOOLHARDY!

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Steelers will probably go 9-7 and miss the playoffs again. They decline to renew Tomlin's contract and then they tear everything down and rebuild. 

That would make some sense anyway. Or just continue to be too good to get great draft picks but not good enough to win a playoff game while pretending all is well. Either way, everyone outside of the Yinzerverse is happy.

It seems like the Seahawks have infinite picks and they're the farther possible division away from the Jags. I think they should be the front-runner for Jalen Ramsey, and I say that completely selfishly.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

10 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

There will be no more Taco Tuesdays in Big D. They cut Taco Charlton today.

Another brilliant high draft pick there, Jerr.

Couldn't stay healthy.  Doesn't help that the next defensive player drafted was TJ Watt. 

However, the other defensive player high on their board is also having issues getting on the field in Green Bay, CB Kevin King. 

Others drafted on the defensive side after Charlton include Ruben Foster, Malik McDowell (currently a FA), Buda Baker, and Marcus Maye.  None are tearing up the league

3 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Couldn't stay healthy.  Doesn't help that the next defensive player drafted was TJ Watt. 

However, the other defensive player high on their board is also having issues getting on the field in Green Bay, CB Kevin King. 

Others drafted on the defensive side after Charlton include Ruben Foster, Malik McDowell (currently a FA), Buda Baker, and Marcus Maye.  None are tearing up the league

Watt would've been nice, probably would've meant Sean Lee would be sent out. Most fans weren't happy about the pick in the first place (all those who were unhappy wanted Watt), and it's a wash now.

Still doesn't mean as a fan I appreciate top picks being flung carelessly to the wind like that. You don't build a Super Bowl contender on defensive ends who can't stay healthy enough to see the field.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

9 hours ago, McCarthy said:

First of all, the reigning CCSLC Pickem Champion is owed more respect for my Football Soothsaying. Second of all, you people aren't listening to me. The Steelers aren't suddenly bad now just because their P.O.S. QB went down. They're not even bad because Bell and Brown are gone. Random plugs will fill their spots, probably put up better numbers. Mason Rudolph will be the next great NFL QB. I know this because I've never seen them not do this. This is what they do. While the rest of you are focused on hating the Patriots you're all sleeping on the true evil in the NFL. Thankfully I'm here to keep everyone woke. 

The Bengals will not beat the Steelers (I'd bet my house on this), the 49ers will not beat the Steelers (I'd bet your house on this). The Chargers might beat the Steelers, but in every single case I lean to picking the Steelers because they exist solely for the purposes of ruining lives and killing fun, plus they always always always get the benefit of the officiating. Always. The Steelers plodding dominance is the #3 reason the NFL has been such a dismal product over the last 10 years.

I would love nothing more than to be wrong and to watch this franchise finally choke on a season, finally swing and miss on draft picks, and finally put the worst people alive through the type of season every other fanbase has had to suffer through, but I'll believe it when I see it. If you're calling that now I think you're being foolhardy. FOOLHARDY!

I was working on composing a post saying pretty much the same things as this, but you already posted so here it is.

Yes, this is what the Steelers do. That is the one franchise other than the Patriots that seemingly gets every lucky break, bounce and flag go their way. And now they have a guy named Mason Rudolph (who I remember from OK State) starting. This is just too perfect..."Rudolph the Hard-Nosed QB." That's a play on the familiar Christmas carol, and it's right up Yinzertown's alley. (Look, I lived through the last bad fan ballad some Steelerhead had going up there--the one called "Puhlamalu"-- this is what they do, they make corny songs. I lived there and survived long enough to know. One of my kids still does. Go listen at the "Here We Go" Steelers fight song on YouTube one time if you don't believe me...it gets updated every year. This is what they do.)

So yeah, I like Sean completely don't expect a thing different out of them. In fact they may well galvanize around Rudolph and play even better since they won't have to deal with Ben in the huddle. Recall all them times they had Byron Leftwich out there, or Charlie Batch? Those backups didn't slow down their winning then-- and one of those dudes couldn't even move-- this backup won't slow down their winning now. It the Steeler Way...it's just what they do.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

14 hours ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

Watt would've been nice, probably would've meant Sean Lee would be sent out. Most fans weren't happy about the pick in the first place (all those who were unhappy wanted Watt), and it's a wash now.

Still doesn't mean as a fan I appreciate top picks being flung carelessly to the wind like that. You don't build a Super Bowl contender on defensive ends who can't stay healthy enough to see the field.

Watt would be starting either.  Remember, he's been a 3-4 OLB all his career as the Steelers base defense is a 3-4.  In Marinelli's 4-3 scheme, he would be placed at left end, where Lawrence already was.  Charlton didn't mesh with Marinelli after his injuries.

On 9/17/2019 at 6:22 AM, McCarthy said:

The Dolphins, however, are a strong 0-16 candidate. It's Insane to me that Miami, Florida can't field a stacked roster of Pro-Bowlers wanting to live and play in Miami every year. 

Living in Miami is one thing. Working for idiots is quite another. They've proven themselves to be incompetent and capable of chasing good players away. Kino Grimes may be a pain in the backside, but it looks like she may have been right about some of the Dolphins staff after all. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 9/18/2019 at 12:14 PM, DG_Now said:

It seems like the Seahawks have infinite picks and they're the farther possible division away from the Jags. I think they should be the front-runner for Jalen Ramsey, and I say that completely selfishly.

I am ALL for getting this guy. When he's on his game, Ramsey is a damned good cornerback. There's a big hole missing in the secondary with Thomas in Baltimore now... Ramsey can fill that need big time.

So...down 14-blank at the half to a rookie QB whose mustache is already more famous than he is.  Oh--and about 17,489 penalties thru two quarters. (The kid's balling out there, though.)

Snatit doing what the Snatit do...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Gotta give Marrone, Vrabel, and their respective teams credit. I never thought I would see a near play by play re-creation of a Giants/Eagles game from 1976, but for Lunches being accurate. Short gains, but little in the way of drops. Vrabel had TEN very much stuck in a Time Warp.

Not sure if there’s another topic I can post this in. But i’ve Been thinking about going to a road game this year. 

Would be the first time I went to one and just want some advice on traveling. 

I was thinking of either the Baltimore or Philly games, since i’d Rather to take Amtrak rather than a plane. 

Leaning more towards Philly right now, so what station would be best to get off at, and what are some decent nearby hotels? 

Archived