2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

saintswilliams.jpg?alias=standard_900x600

KILL THE HEAD, THE BODY WILL DIE - exact words, people. 

Hold up, that is this dude?

wfYJRAp.jpg

/sarcasm

He still has an NFL job and salary because he is besties with Joe Vitt and Vitt's son-in-law is Adam Gase, even though Williams claimed Vitt ratted him out on BountyGate 

2 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Are you sure that was from a real person? Because that sounded like a villain from an 80s movie.

Yup, that’s a real line he said (51 seconds in):

That kind of attitude is probably in a bunch of NFL locker rooms, but Williams really pushed it.

8 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

That kind of attitude is probably in a bunch of NFL locker rooms, but Williams really pushed it.

Sounds like a very verbose version of this: 

That whole thing actually was something a real person said, goddamn.

15 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

That kind of attitude is probably in a bunch of NFL football locker rooms, but Williams really pushed it.

FIFY. Sorry @SFGiants58, I know it is frowned upon to use the strike-though tab, but it is/was more than an NFL thing.

Just keepin' it real, B.

12 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

FIFY. Sorry @SFGiants58, I know it is frowned upon to use the strike-though tab, but it is/was more than an NFL thing.

Just keepin' it real, B.

10 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

No worries, I’m sure you’d get tiny mite coaches saying it too.

True, but what's a Pop Warner coach going to bribe a player with who injured another player with, a set of LEGOs? Not like anyone ever got killed playing Pop Warner or anything.

The money is probably what put this over the top. Well, that and the whole "Might've denied the Vikings a potential Super Bowl" along with God knows who else.

Why am I linking this story? I knew that poor kid. He was the only who picked me in football games when I was growing up. Very nice to me. The good really do die young.

3 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

True, but what's a Pop Warner coach going to bribe a player with who injured another player with, a set of LEGOs? The money is probably what put this over the top. Well, that and the whole "Might've denied the Vikings a potential Super Bowl" along with God knows who else.

Not like anyone ever got killed playing Pop Warner or anything.

Reveal hidden contents

Why am I linking this story? I knew that poor kid. He was the only who picked me in football games when I grew up. Very nice to me. The good really do die young.

You never saw a season of "Friday Night Tykes" or " Warriors of Liberty City" did you? 

Hell, an Optimist Club in Texas hired me to be the "Head Official and scheduler" in the early 2000s since my then career was that of a college intramural director, thus I had access to kids who would like $15-25/hour for games on Thursday nights and Saturday mornings for 3rd-5th graders (120 lb. limit).  I took the money and it was easy money to take and in retrospect with youth that age, I was guilty in the bloodsport, but d@mn in terms of hours money for hours worked over the season, I received like $300/hour in addition to the cash given to officiate games in which college kids didn't show up. It was an easy job. I could work the first two games on a Saturday, get paid cash to fill my car with gas for the week drive across the street to a best priced liquor store to get beer/booze/tab for the weekend and still have cash to go out or help cookout at my friends house five minutes away.  The Optimists knew I would be there every Saturday morning to work their first two games, but also know I may have an early afternoon flight out from DFW or DAL and those games were spending money. 

Three years after I moved away, their fields' lighting had their copper wires stolen and I cut a check to assist them since those fields still host baseball/softball games.

13 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

You never saw a season of "Friday Night Tykes" or " Warriors of Liberty City" did you? 

Hell, an Optimist Club in Texas hired me to be the "Head Official and scheduler" in the early 2000s since my then career was that of a college intramural director, thus I had access to kids who would like $15-25/hour for games on Thursday nights and Saturday mornings for 3rd-5th graders (120 lb. limit).  I took the money and it was easy money to take and in retrospect with youth that age, I was guilty in the bloodsport, but d@mn in terms of hours money for hours worked over the season, I received like $300/hour in addition to the cash given to officiate games in which college kids didn't show up. It was an easy job. I could work the first two games on a Saturday, get paid cash to fill my car with gas for the week drive across the street to a best priced liquor store to get beer/booze/tab for the weekend and still have cash to go out or help cookout at my friends house five minutes away.  The Optimists knew I would be there every Saturday morning to work their first two games, but also know I may have an early afternoon flight out from DFW or DAL and those games were spending money. 

Three years after I moved away, their fields' lighting had their copper wires stolen and I cut a check to assist them since those fields still host baseball/softball games.

Eh, football in Texas is a completely different animal to football anywhere else. We had Capri Sun and granola bars and everyone volunteered. 

Fascinating story, though.

8 hours ago, Red Comet said:

Sounds like a very verbose version of this: 

That whole thing actually was something a real person said, goddamn.

He didn't just say it, he PAID THEM EXTRA TO DO IT.  It's stunning that that piece of filth is still coaching. 

Or actually, maybe it's not so stunning.

52 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

He didn't just say it, he PAID THEM EXTRA TO DO IT.  It's stunning that that piece of filth is still coaching. 

Or actually, maybe it's not so stunning.

He’s also still saying it, and coaches around all forms of football are saying it. He just isn’t paying them to do it which was the big no no in the leagues eyes.

Andy Reid needs to go. We need to have a more balanced attack to keep Mahomes upright and our defense off the field. I don't give a flying :censored: about any morality involved (football isn't a game that rewards morality after all) but Mahomes is going to be the next Marino if Reid still has a job. 

I used to think Eagles fans were nuts for wanting him gone. But now I get it. He'll blue-ball fanbases. And I'd rather go back to sucking than have that.

Not all of them were exactly his fault, but Baker Mayfield has been picked three times today.  During the MNF game against SF, I posited that he might not be that good. I stand by that.

Do the Browns still have a bunch of draft picks? What is the trade value for Baker Mayfield + some other stuff for a competent QB? How far away is Nick Foles? What about Teddy Bridgewater?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 minute ago, DG_Now said:

Not all of them were exactly his fault, but Baker Mayfield has been picked three times today.  During the MNF game against SF, I posited that he might not be that good. I stand by that.

Do the Browns still have a bunch of draft picks? What is the trade value for Baker Mayfield + some other stuff for a competent QB? How far away is Nick Foles? What about Teddy Bridgewater?

Teddy Bridgewater is undefeated as a starter this year and Foles is injured, I don’t see either getting traded, who could I see as someone they could try (even though i think it’s very unlikely) is Andy Dalton, 0-6 bengals, Daltons played okay, and with some better receivers like OBJ and Landry he could do some real damage, the bengals kind of need a restart at QB too

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

15 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

Teddy Bridgewater is undefeated as a starter this year and Foles is injured, I don’t see either getting traded, who could I see as someone they could try (even though i think it’s very unlikely) is Andy Dalton, 0-6 bengals, Daltons played okay, and with some better receivers like OBJ and Landry he could do some real damage, the bengals kind of need a restart at QB too

Dalton is an interesting idea.

The Browns are in win-now mode but don't have the QB to win now. They're almost begging for a Brad Johnson in Tampa or Trent Dilfer in Baltimore situation. Just need someone to not screw up. Or throw 3 picks.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

Dalton is an interesting idea.

The Browns are in win-now mode but don't have the QB to win now. They're almost begging for a Brad Johnson in Tampa or Trent Dilfer in Baltimore situation. Just need someone to not screw up. Or throw 3 picks.

2 passes were tipped by Browns receivers into Seahawk hands. Can't blame the QB on those. Unfortunately, they're still committing stupid penalties and the refs calling a blindside tackle on Landry when he hit him straight up was ridiculous. The Landry score that wasn't was a pretty bad review call as well.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived