2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, GDAWG said:

If Dallas goes to the Super Bowl and loses to New England, New England fans are going to rub it in like Paul Heyman did during that never ending Brock Lesnar Universal Title run when he would say every promo "he is the 1 in 21-1!" ad nauseum. 

You could’ve saved yourself some time and realized Dallas would never go to the super bowl. 

The Bengals only lost by 1 point in Seattle and outgained the Seahawks by like 200 yards. I'm encouraged. 

Mostly though it was so refreshing to see the team in tiger stripes employ modern NFL football and coaching tactics (the punt down 1 with 3 minutes left was a very Marvin Lewis move, however.). I've been waiting for this for like 10 years. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Wide receiver Jimmy Farris on AB:

What’s your takeaway of what the Raiders did with AB?

I thought they did a really good job of handling the situation up until they fined him. Other than Mayock coming out and doing that “he’s all-in or he’s all-out” thing, I think that probably got under AB’s skin a little bit—he didn’t say anything about it at the time, but I feel like it’s kind of a shot that was unnecessary. Maybe [it was] Mayock kind of trying to prove, Hey, I’m the boss around here, or whatever. It was like a call-out, it was like a public ultimatum to a superstar. [Brown’s] whole thing wasn’t that he was not all-in, or he didn’t want to do it; he was just trying to get the helmet deal figured out.

And, look, people have different opinions about that. Was that even a legitimate thing for him to be taking it to the level that he was? Who knows, but that’s just him, okay? That’s Antonio Brown, and that’s what you’re dealing with. And you know that when you trade for him and you sign him to the big deal. So they publicly supported him. He was missing practices, and he was missing team activities doing that stuff.

And you’ve got Gruden and everybody saying, “Hey, man, we support him,” and Gruden’s saying, “Hey, I like the fact that the guy’s standing up for something that he believes in, and when he’s out here, he’s great, and he brings the level of everybody around him up, and he practices his ass off”—all this stuff. So you get past all that.

You got the guy in the building, he’s working his ass off, he’s getting ready for Week 1, and then they turn around and fine him for missing some activities that were weeks ago, that when he was missing those activities you said you supported him. So that’s why I said it was petty because you’re telling him while he’s missing those activities, you’re saying, “Hey, man, we get it, just get this thing resolved and get your ass in here as soon as possible and let’s go to work.” So, he thinks, “Hey, they’ve got my back, they’re supporting me.” And then it’s :censored:ing [five] days before the first game, you do this?

That was my thing. All the drama and the issues and all that kind of stuff—you’d gotten past it. It happened in training camp. It was over. He’s in the building now, he’s here, like, let’s go full-steam ahead. And then, for whatever reason, some procedural reason or some reason—I really don’t know, Mayock felt like they needed to fine him. To set an example or what? I don’t know.

The whole thing is worth a read and, fundamentally, comes down to what is good people management. Which is, clearly, astronomically harder when those people are the best at their jobs in the world.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

11 hours ago, tp49 said:

Eli Manning did it twice

XLII

[image]

and XLVI

[image]

I've hypothesized that the only way to beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl is with the NFC East. Some sort of nonsensical curse (like most curses). We'll see how that holds up if the Cowboys are actually good for real this time.

Somehow got sucked into this league again. 

Looks like ESPN changed that yellow graphic they used for down and distance in a hurry. Now I've gone from thinking there's a flag on every play to there actually being a penalty on half of them. Nice upgrade.

PJU85JF.png

28 minutes ago, alxy8s said:

Somehow got sucked into this league again. 

Looks like ESPN changed that yellow graphic they used for down and distance in a hurry. Now I've gone from thinking there's a flag on every play to there actually being a penalty on half of them. Nice upgrade.

Too bad they use a gigantic yellow graphic for score alerts on their normal bottomline, because I still think there's a flag during every college game I watch.

5 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

I've hypothesized that the only way to beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl is with the NFC East. Some sort of nonsensical curse (like most curses). We'll see how that holds up if the Cowboys are actually good for real this time.

Patriots have 2 weaknesses

-Eli Manning in the Super Bowl

-Playing in Miami: 

16 minutes ago, shstpt1 said:

What an ending in New Orleans! I turned it on for the last 7 minutes, to two teams I usually hate to watch, and was highly entertained

I was rooting for Houston to be honest. No matter how many games the Saints win this year, they probably won't stop crying over last year's non-call.

33 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

I was rooting for Houston to be honest. No matter how many games the Saints win this year, they probably won't stop crying over last year's non-call.

Every fanbase has a call (or several) they can look back at as a turning point in their franchise's season. Where they lost me was the lawsuit. Though I respected that the Super Bowl ratings in New Orleans were lower than normal.

4 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

Did anyone else prefer listening to Steve Levy, Brian Griese and Luis Riddick in the booth tonight over the main guys? Tess and Booger both get on my nerves for some reason. The other guys were way less annoying.

I didn't watch either game, but I think Joe Tessitore is both obnoxious and bad at calling games so yes I agree. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

10 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Every fanbase has a call (or several) they can look back at as a turning point in their franchise's season. Where they lost me was the lawsuit. Though I respected that the Super Bowl ratings in New Orleans were lower than normal.

Lawsuit was filed by one disgruntled person, not the franchise nor a group of fans. 

It is what it is.

13 hours ago, See Red said:

They really screwed the Saints with the clock on that review.

And then admitted they did later. 

Al Riveron, the NFL's senior vice president of officiating, admits refs messed up clock at the end of Texans vs. Saints 1st half

Took away 15 seconds from a quick-scoring team at the end of a half.   As we saw at the end of the second half, 15 seconds is an eternity, and that time could have made a big difference in the game. 

It is what it is.

Archived