2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn’t like when the patriots first signed AB but was like “ok as long as he can cut the drama out it’ll be fine” I didn’t think it would happen and I was right. He can’t even go one day without this happening. I don’t care if he did what he’s being accused of or not. To me he has lost his right to play football and deserves to be suspended or put on the commissioners exempt list for some time.

1 hour ago, AustinFomBoston said:

I will be honest, I don’t doubt he did it, but the timing is just really suspect. 

It comes out immediately after all the drama with the Raiders and right as he signs with a new team? 

I second this. Whole thing is a civil suit too and she wants $75,000. I don't know whether he did this or not (his lawyers are saying that it was consensual but that's lawyerspeak but, again, I'll emphasize that I don't know what happened even if AB is a monstrous narcissist who turns locker rooms into Superfund sites) but if someone raped me, I'd go to the police and try to get that monster in prison where he (it is almost always a he after all) belongs. At the very least, I'd ask for a lot more money than $75,000.

Is AB a lot of things I wouldn't want on my team if I was a GM or coach? Absolutely. But at some point, with every bad thing possible with him piling up at the same time, it starts to strain credulity. 

7 hours ago, DG_Now said:

I make it a habit to not comment on the motives of women who come forward as victims of sexual abuse.

Anyway, this is an anonymous message board...even if you did comment on it...no one would give a :censored: because no one knows who you are. 

The complaint sounds legitimate and plausible...but there are a lot of legal inconsistencies in the complaint that would be easy for the defense to exploit. 

MOD EDIT: Removed unnecessary graphic description. We can find all the particulars of this case elsewhere. Also removed poster's left handed attempt at throwing in a little politics into the mix. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, Red Comet said:

I second this. Whole thing is a civil suit too and she wants $75,000. I don't know whether he did this or not (his lawyers are saying that it was consensual but that's lawyerspeak but, again, I'll emphasize that I don't know what happened even if AB is a monstrous narcissist who turns locker rooms into Superfund sites) but if someone raped me, I'd go to the police and try to get that monster in prison where he (it is almost always a he after all) belongs. At the very least, I'd ask for a lot more money than $75,000.

Is AB a lot of things I wouldn't want on my team if I was a GM or coach? Absolutely. But at some point, with every bad thing possible with him piling up at the same time, it starts to strain credulity. 

$75,000 is the minimum amount in which one can file a civil suit in US Federal Court.  The complaint itself mentions that the damages exceed $75K right on Page 1.

I suggest you actually read the complaint.  It is 15 pages, double spaced and won't take that long since there is little legalese. 

6 hours ago, Red Comet said:

if someone raped me, I'd go to the police and try to get that monster in prison where he (it is almost always a he after all) belongs. At the very least, I'd ask for a lot more money than $75,000.

When you get raped then you know what you’d do. Until then you don’t know. Try not to pretend you know what’s going on inside a rape victim’s head. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

When you get raped then you know what you’d do. Until then you don’t know. Try not to pretend you know what’s going on inside a rape victim’s head. 

A civil suit is all about money though. Antonio Brown's punishment will only be monetary. He'll be a free man no matter what happens in the case...he won't be a convicted felon which means he'll still be able to play in the NFL at some point, if not immediately after settlement. And if a settlement (remember, settlements do not determine liability or guilt) does happen, AB won't even have to register as a sex offender. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Folks, I'm going to second Glenn here and strongly suggest we stop speculating on the AB rape case. We're veering into territory that's going to inevitably (and probably inadvertently) make someone look really bad. How about we keep it to football? 

Thanks,

The Management

BB52Big.jpg

44 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

Who do the Jets have as a backup QB? Might be high time to start looking in the market for one...

According to the official depth chart, its Trevor Siemian. I guess its time to watch the Jets make a monkey out of themselves again. When even the Broncos don't think you're good enough to be their quarterback...

2 hours ago, PittsburghSucks said:

Sam Darnold out for MNF with mono.

Well he did get sacked by Buffalo four times. Maybe he got it from the Bills defense?

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

3 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Opened CLE -2.5.

Now CLE -6.5

Money Line opened CLE -135

Now ranging from CLE -280 to -300

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

Oh bummer. Missed it! I trust Cleveland to win by a FG but not by a TD.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived