2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

3 hours ago, Red Comet said:

According to the official depth chart, its Trevor Siemian. I guess its time to watch the Jets make a monkey out of themselves again. When even the Broncos don't think you're good enough to be their quarterback...

Oh no... Like I said, time to hit the market for a QB if I were them.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Is that Colin Kaepernick's music?

Lol never

Kaepernick probably makes a decent amount of money now as a cultural icon or whatever he is now and he doesn't have to risk catastrophic brain injury anymore. Win-win IMO.

Plus, he was mediocre as a quarterback in his final years and he's two and a half years older now then when he last stepped onto a football field. Didn't help that the guy running the 49ers (into the ground) is a moron and any supporting cast he had left or terrorized airports. That and potentially pissing off half of your potential customers even if the other half loves the idea for an above-average QB at best isn't going to fly in any front office. Its probably part of why Tim Tebow is playing baseball now.

18 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Kaepernick probably makes a decent amount of money now as a cultural icon or whatever he is now and he doesn't have to risk catastrophic brain injury anymore. Win-win IMO.

Plus, he was mediocre as a quarterback in his final years and he's two and a half years older now then when he last stepped onto a football field. Didn't help that the guy running the 49ers (into the ground) is a moron and any supporting cast he had left or terrorized airports. That and potentially pissing off half of your potential customers even if the other half loves the idea for an above-average QB at best isn't going to fly in any front office. Its probably part of why Tim Tebow is playing baseball now.

I don't disagree that Kap is better off sitting at home and collecting Nike checks, but as far as I know, he still has a desire to play pro ball.

If that's the case, even at mediocre, he's better than half of the guys backing up teams and has a resume worth extending a tryout to.

If the Jets fanbase hasn't stayed away yet, they're never going to.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

If teams are willing to sign Nathan Petermeme, there's really reason Kaep shouldn't be getting calls. 

He gets a lot of flak for how bad he was his last few seasons, but it really wasn't his fault. The team was trash and any players worth anything either retired or sold off. 

People are so quick to forget he made 3 consecutive NFC championships & a Super Bowl. 

1 hour ago, Seadragon76 said:

Oh no... Like I said, time to hit the market for a QB if I were them.

Hey now, he tricked America (the part that didn't watch Broncos games) into thinking he was a good QB for like three weeks.

The main knock for me on Kaep at this point is just how long he's been away from the game. But as mentioned above me, Peterman was given a proper chance for some reason despite being about as good at throwing TD's as the people that frequent this board.

All other issues aside, I don't think that Kaepernick would do well having to deal with the New York media on a constant basis they're difficult in the best of times, and when things go bad they're out for blood.

5 minutes ago, tp49 said:

All other issues aside, I don't think that Kaepernick would do well having to deal with the New York media on a constant basis they're difficult in the best of times, and when things go bad they're out for blood.

Really? Given everything that has happened over the past few years, I think New York media would be a piece of cake.

Darnold and Daniel Jones don't seem like New York quarterbacks at all, comparatively. Why couldn't either New York team have ended up with Watson or Mahomes or even Josh Allen? Someone with a pulse.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

4 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Really? Given everything that has happened over the past few years, I think New York media would be a piece of cake.

Darnold and Daniel Jones don't seem like New York quarterbacks at all, comparatively. Why couldn't either New York team have ended up with Watson or Mahomes or even Josh Allen? Someone with a pulse.

Because the Jets are the buttfumble of the NFL and the Giants are an anthropomorphized derp.

I'll enjoy Mahomes, though tyvm. Its nice to be on the delivering end of an elite-quarterback helmed offense for once.

2 hours ago, Red Comet said:

Not sure that teams see it this way, considering women are customers and they endorse the employment of rapists and batterers.  

1 hour ago, tp49 said:

Michael Vick survived, and eventually flourished.  I think it was much harder for him than it would be for Kaepernick.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Jameis not succeeding is less on Jameis and more on Jason Licht.

He's had one winning season yet made three coaching changes and received a 5 year extension three weeks ago.

His drafts have been dreadful.

We've ripped former Colts GM Ryan Grigson for not drafting OL, look at Licht and his mess.  Same $HIT!!!  Just a Center and three Tackles in his time (Alex Cappa-3rd Round; Caleb Benecoch-4th Round; Donovan Smith-2nd Round; Ali Marpet-3rd Round)

They also drafted Kadeem Edwards in 2014, who is now out of football.

2 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Jameis not succeeding is less on Jameis and more on Jason Licht.

He's had one winning season yet made three coaching changes and received a 5 year extension three weeks ago.

His drafts have been dreadful.

We've ripped former Colts GM Ryan Grigson for not drafting OL, look at Licht and his mess.  Same $HIT!!!  Just a Center and three Tackles in his time (Alex Cappa-3rd Round; Caleb Benecoch-4th Round; Donovan Smith-2nd Round; Ali Marpet-3rd Round)

They also drafted Kadeem Edwards in 2014, who is now out of football.

Jameis is about to beat Cam and the Panthers are about to open the season 0-2 at home. Ouch.

Riverboat Ron's card holder in his sleeve appears to have been confiscated.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived