Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, tp49 said:

Looks like Miami will trade Minkah Fitzpatrick to the Steelers for a 2020 1st round pick.  

 

Um, why would they do this? They’re probably going to need a quarterback here pretty soon and that first rounder would’ve probably come in handy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

 

Um, why would they do this? They’re probably going to need a quarterback here pretty soon and that first rounder would’ve probably come in handy. 

 

Because they forget it's been a decade since Roethlisberger has done sh1t and likely believe he can play another 20 seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good lord.......a rash of QB injuries.  I hope Week Three ends without any QB injuries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Until Veterans Day here are the Monday Night games:

Bears @ Redskins

Bengals @ Steelers

Browns @ 49ers

Lions @ Packers

Patriots @ Jets

Dolphins @ Steelers

Cowboys @ Giants

 

Exception of Cleveland-SF, just flat out stinkers. The schedule is mostly good afterwards at least. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

Until Veterans Day here are the Monday Night games:

Bears @ Redskins

Bengals @ Steelers

Browns @ 49ers

Lions @ Packers

Patriots @ Jets

Dolphins @ Steelers

Cowboys @ Giants

 

Exception of Cleveland-SF, just flat out stinkers. The schedule is mostly good afterwards at least. 

 

 

I have a feeling that game will feature two winless teams and end up being more dreadful to watch than the 3-0 game in 2007.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

 

Um, why would they do this? They’re probably going to need a quarterback here pretty soon and that first rounder would’ve probably come in handy. 

I'd have expected that kind of stupidity from Dave Gettleman of the Giants.  Their pick will be top 3 for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

 

I have a feeling that game will feature two winless teams and end up being more dreadful to watch than the 3-0 game in 2007.

 

 

 

8 hours ago, tp49 said:

I'd have expected that kind of stupidity from Dave Gettleman of the Giants.  Their pick will be top 3 for sure.

 

Have we learned nothing? They just traded for Fitzpatrick to address a defensive need, which means they think they can win this year. I'll be surprised if the Steelers don't have at least 3 wins before that Dolphins game. The Steelers infrastructure isn't just going to fall apart just because the fat, porn star-stalking rapist went down and I suspect that most of those guys prefer Mason Rudolph as a person so they'll play harder for him. Who wouldn't? At the very least, 100% chance they beat the Bengals at home on MNF. This could be, and probably will be due to Steelers Devil Magic (the exact same thing as St Louis Cardinals Devil Magic), one of those things where they get better because the world's fattest a$$*ole is no longer poisoning the team.  

 

I feel better now that they've traded this pick so one nightmare scenario is off the table - that they fall assbackwards into the next Roethlisberger in the draft. The nightmare scenario that Mason Rudolph turns out to be Tom Brady The Sequel is very much alive. 

 

 

 

The Dolphins, however, are a strong 0-16 candidate. It's Insane to me that Miami, Florida can't field a stacked roster of Pro-Bowlers wanting to live and play in Miami every year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, McCarthy said:

 

 

Have we learned nothing? They just traded for Fitzpatrick to address a defensive need, which means they think they can win this year. I'll be surprised if the Steelers don't have at least 3 wins before that Dolphins game. The Steelers infrastructure isn't just going to fall apart just because the fat, porn star-stalking rapist went down and I suspect that most of those guys prefer Mason Rudolph as a person so they'll play harder for him. Who wouldn't? At the very least, 100% chance they beat the Bengals at home on MNF. This could be, and probably will be due to Steelers Devil Magic (the exact same thing as St Louis Cardinals Devil Magic), one of those things where they get better because the world's fattest a$$*ole is no longer poisoning the team.  

 

I feel better now that they've traded this pick so one nightmare scenario is off the table - that they fall assbackwards into the next Roethlisberger in the draft. The nightmare scenario that Mason Rudolph turns out to be Tom Brady The Sequel is very much alive. 

 

 

 

The Dolphins, however, are a strong 0-16 candidate. It's Insane to me that Miami, Florida can't field a stacked roster of Pro-Bowlers wanting to live and play in Miami every year. 

 

While it's a long shot, I could see this weekend being a "let-down" game for the Dallas Cowboys.  It's not a Cowboys season without one of those games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

 

While it's a long shot, I could see this weekend being a "let-down" game for the Dallas Cowboys.  It's not a Cowboys season without one of those games. 

Yeah, but they usually save it for the Wildcard or Divisional game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

 

Um, why would they do this? They’re probably going to need a quarterback here pretty soon and that first rounder would’ve probably come in handy. 

I think they really like Mason Rudolph and view him as their guy moving forward. This is the same franchise that prides itself on, and has a track record of, developing talent with their mid-round picks. 

 

I really hope I am wrong and he stinks on ice, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're still playing meaningful football games in December. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GDAWG said:

 

While it's a long shot, I could see this weekend being a "let-down" game for the Dallas Cowboys.  It's not a Cowboys season without one of those games. 

 

Knowing their luck, they're probably looking forward to New Orleans, knowing they have a much more manageable situation facing Teddy instead of Brees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

I have a feeling that game will feature two winless teams and end up being more dreadful to watch than the 3-0 game in 2007.

Only a 0-0 tie will be more dreadful than that game. Glad I listened to the majority of that game on the radio instead of viewing it on TV.

 

I like but don't love the move to get Fitzpatrick. On one hand it's excellent, because it fills a position of need with a player who's solid now and will only improve barring injury, and it also addresses a position which the Steelers haven't been able to hit on since 2003 (DB). It's essentially using your 2020 1st rounder on 2018's 1st rounder. On the other hand, this could backfire tremendously if Mason Rudolph bombs and Ben flip-flops on returning. Fitzpatrick may be young, but I don't envision the Steelers winning many games this year - probably the Dolphins, the Bengals (maybe twice), and possibly, possibly, the Bills. The coaching and offensive talent just isn't there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, the admiral said:

all power to the players

 

The latter is hardly equivalent to the former.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Have we learned nothing? They just traded for Fitzpatrick to address a defensive need, which means they think they can win this year. I'll be surprised if the Steelers don't have at least 3 wins before that Dolphins game. The Steelers infrastructure isn't just going to fall apart just because the fat, porn star-stalking rapist went down and I suspect that most of those guys prefer Mason Rudolph as a person so they'll play harder for him. Who wouldn't? At the very least, 100% chance they beat the Bengals at home on MNF. This could be, and probably will be due to Steelers Devil Magic (the exact same thing as St Louis Cardinals Devil Magic), one of those things where they get better because the world's fattest a$$*ole is no longer poisoning the team.  

 

 

Their next four games are at SF, vs CIN, vs BAL and at LAC. I highly doubt they're going to win three of those games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Tracy Jordan said:

 

Their next four games are at SF, vs CIN, vs BAL and at LAC. I highly doubt they're going to win three of those games.

 

49ers, Bengals, Chargers are wins. Not ready to crown the Ravens after playing two of the worst teams in the NFL. I’ll believe the Steelers are bad when I see it. And even then it’s going to take another five years of losing before I can trust that it’s real. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, the admiral said:

 

all power to the players

 

You can support player empowerment when it comes to agency and basic respect in the abstract without being in total support of every stupid thing they do.

 

Who exactly do you think is in favor of Antonio Brown farting on doctors and sexually assaulting women?

 

What point are you making here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.