2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

7 minutes ago, See Red said:

Did they change the rule?  Last year it was lowering the helmet to make contact was a penalty, and the Patriots player did not do that on the Josh Allen hit.  Allen was actually the one who lowered his head and led with the crown of his helmet, which is illegal.

I have no clue. The end result was my team's QB was out of the game in concussion protocol, the play ultimately benefitted the Pats and New England won over Buffalo. Again.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DG_Now said:

I have no clue. The end result was my team's QB was out of the game in concussion protocol, the play ultimately benefitted the Pats and New England won over Buffalo. Again.

Well then, tell your teams qb to learn to slide, and not lead with his helmet if you don’t like him getting concussed. 

4 hours ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Cardinals owner Bill Bidwill passed away today at 88. 

R.I.P. 

Today we are all....

... waiting to see if Jalen Ramsey will be traded.  Jags turned down a 1 and 3 from PHL, asking for two 1s.  If he's as good as everyone says (I've never seen or heard of him until this episode) then I'd give up the 1 and 3.  Probably also a 1 and 2, if they let them be staggered (the 1 in year 1 and the 2 in year 2) but two 1s?  When was the last time a team gave up two 1s for someone?  If it's prime-era Peyton or Brady, then sure, but this ain't that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Today we are all....

... waiting to see if Jalen Ramsey will be traded.  Jags turned down a 1 and 3 from PHL, asking for two 1s.  If he's as good as everyone says (I've never seen or heard of him until this episode) then I'd give up the 1 and 3.  Probably also a 1 and 2, if they let them be staggered (the 1 in year 1 and the 2 in year 2) but two 1s?  When was the last time a team gave up two 1s for someone?  If it's prime-era Peyton or Brady, then sure, but this ain't that.

Last summer. The Bears traded Oakland two first-round picks (2019 and 2020), a sixth-round pick in 2019 and a third-round pick in 2020 for Khalil Mack, 2020 second-round pick and a conditional 2020 fifth-round pick.

Five weeks ago when the Texans gave Miami a 2020 first-round pick, a 2021 first-round pick, a 2021 second-round pick, basically for Tackle Laremy Tunsil and scraps, namely wide receiver Kenny Stills, a 2020 fourth-round pick and a 2021 sixth-round pick.

The Steelers trading Miami a 1 (2020), a 5 (2020), and a 6 (2021) for Minkah Fitzpartick, a 4 (2020), and a 7 (2021), has kinda changes the math for teams since Ramsey is a far better player.  Also, they can keep him for the rest of his contract and get a compensatory 3, so offering a low 3 doesn't give JAX that much of an incentive. 

At least in the Mack deal, they recouped a 2.  If it's two 1s for Ramsey and a 2, then I'm in.  Even if it was like the Mack deal where it's two 1s and a 3 for Ramsey and a 2, then I think about it (assuming he's what everyone says, and if there's no concerns about his attitude given what's been going on.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just now, BringBackTheVet said:

At least in the Mack deal, they recouped a 2.  If it's two 1s for Ramsey and a 2, then I'm in.  Even if it was like the Mack deal where it's two 1s and a 3 for Ramsey and a 2, then I think about it (assuming he's what everyone says, and if there's no concerns about his attitude given what's been going on.)

And they traded those picks to the Raiders, which is less like trading them and more just throwing them into the trash.

19 hours ago, dont care said:

Well then, tell your teams qb to learn to slide, and not lead with his helmet if you don’t like him getting concussed. 

I've seen some people pick strange hills to die on on this site, but blaming Allen for having his brain busted may be the strangest.

The Ravens reportedly offered (and the Jags reportedly declined) a 1, a 2, and Hayden Hurst, which I initially thought was crazy but am thinking is less so considering how sorry our defense has been the last couple of weeks. Hurst seems like the odd man out in our TE group too, Andrews is clearly the better and further along receiver while Boyle is clearly the better blocker. 

IMO if Ramsey is really leaving and nothing is changing his mind I don’t think Jacksonville will get a better deal than that. 

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

And they traded those picks to the Raiders, which is less like trading them and more just throwing them into the trash.

I've seen some people pick strange hills to die on on this site, but blaming Allen for having his brain busted may be the strangest.

Eh, he's more to blame than the defender. It wasn't a dirty hit, the defender didn't lower his head and lead with the crown... Allen did. 

IUe6Hvh.png

On 10/2/2019 at 12:13 AM, dont care said:

Fan of the team that used to employ Rodney Harrison says what?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Some might say hard playing, others might say Vontaze Burfict's immediate predecessor.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

58 minutes ago, rams80 said:

Some might say hard playing, others might say Vontaze Burfict's immediate predecessor.

The game has changed since then and those hits are viewed differently. They weren’t even a penalty then, and how most of the league played then. I too could complain about a bills player that took Brady’s helmet off in 2002 but I’m not because that’s how everyone played then. I still don’t see how that has to do with the play last week though when Allen runs into jones.

13 hours ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Add Patriots to the list of teams that need a new kicker. 

They just put Gostkowski on the IR. 

I heard they're working out former Chargers kicker Younghoe Koo, which makes sense. After all, we know Robert Kraft isn't above paying for a Younghoe.

LvZYtbZ.png

2 hours ago, willmorris said:

I heard they're working out former Chargers kicker Younghoe Koo, which makes sense. After all, we know Robert Kraft isn't above paying for a Younghoe.

Unfortunately it seems they’re going with Mike Nugent. 

But Younghoe Koo did get signed to the Practice squad. So I guess there’s a happy ending after all. 

Going to the Colts - Chiefs game at Arrowhead this weekend. Excited to see the Colts in person, which I don't get to do very often, even if I expect a Chiefs win.

But I also expected a Mizzou win when I went to go see IU play them, and IU ended up beating the SEC East Champions that year, so who the heck knows?

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

21 hours ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Add Patriots to the list of teams that need a new kicker. 

They just put Gostkowski on the IR. 

Did they borrow Lou Lamoriello's trap door to make bad players disappear? He's been awful this year.

Archived