Recommended Posts

I'm laughing at all of that.  Should never have indulged those coaching temper tantrums in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first challenge last night definitely should have stood as called I really don’t know why Schurmer threw a flag there. Second one was boarder line, the thing is refs aren’t going to change a call for borderline because the standard to overturn is set at such a high standard of being clear on obvious, and in this play it’s hand fighting to prevent a pass like every other play. A play needs to basically be what happened in the NFC Championship game to overturn a call. Anything less isn’t going to be changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Giants were not going to win anyway so they can not blame the refs.

 

But this is very inexcusable.

 

Some of those bad calls happen in the fourth quarter when the game is out of hand. Others happen in the middle of the second when the game is still tight and a bad or missed call is the difference between a score or a punt.

 

When the Bills played the Pats, they were driving at the end of the 2nd. There was an obvious face mask on Josh Allen by the Pats but it wasn't called and you can't ask for that to be reviewed. Instead of stopping the clock and moving the Bills up into scoring range, they ended the half with a missed 49-yard FG, ending the first half down 13-3 instead of 13-6 or 13-10. In a 16-10 game, those 3 points are huge.

 

So it's not just the big misses, but also the little ones along the way that are huge momentum shifters. Like when refs decide to call holding and blocks in the back or when they don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

 

Some of those bad calls happen in the fourth quarter when the game is out of hand. Others happen in the middle of the second when the game is still tight and a bad or missed call is the difference between a score or a punt.

 

When the Bills played the Pats, they were driving at the end of the 2nd. There was an obvious face mask on Josh Allen by the Pats but it wasn't called and you can't ask for that to be reviewed. Instead of stopping the clock and moving the Bills up into scoring range, they ended the half with a missed 49-yard FG, ending the first half down 13-3 instead of 13-6 or 13-10. In a 16-10 game, those 3 points are huge.

 

So it's not just the big misses, but also the little ones along the way that are huge momentum shifters. Like when refs decide to call holding and blocks in the back or when they don't.

You mean like the face mask on Sony Michel that almost took his helmet off that was missed as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dont care said:

You mean like the face mask on Sony Michel that almost took his helmet off that was missed as well.

 

Yes, sure. Like that one too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personal fouls really should be challengeable, much more than pass interferences plays. Atleast things like face masks, defenseless receiver, helmet to helmet, roughing the passer (sometimes) have clear criteria that determine if a foul was committed or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

 

 

Or, put another way, an overreaction and potentially disastrous rule, forced down everyone's throats by the biggest crybaby fanbase ever, is being smartly marginalized before the floodgates to something even stupider open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

 

Or, put another way, an overreaction and potentially disastrous rule, forced down everyone's throats by the biggest crybaby fanbase ever, is being smartly marginalized before the floodgates to something even stupider open.

 

You don't think PI should be reviewable? Why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

 

You don't think PI should be reviewable? Why not?

 

Not him but the idea of reviewing PI isn't the issue. The issue is that the NFL kowtowed to a bunch of butthurt Saints fans and a bunch of crooked leaders who filed a lawsuit against the NFL with a crooked judge in New Orleans allowing the lawsuit to progress instead of throwing it out and telling the plaintiffs to grow the :censored: up and get over a bad call.

 

Idea is fine, the circumstances make it a terrible precedent to set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Red Comet said:

 

Not him but the idea of reviewing PI isn't the issue. The issue is that the NFL kowtowed to a bunch of butthurt Saints fans and a bunch of crooked leaders who filed a lawsuit against the NFL with a crooked judge in New Orleans allowing the lawsuit to progress instead of throwing it out and telling the plaintiffs to grow the :censored: up and get over a bad call.

 

But it's a rule that should have been in place already. 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if there was a "normal" amount of outrage over the Saints-Rams PI, we'd probably have PI reviews now, anyway. It's not exactly unprecedented for rules to change in a reactionary way after a big screwup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, no, I don't think PI should be reviewable.  It's too subjective, and at super slow motion, pretty much everything looks at least a little like interference. 

And then, what about holding? And roughing? And blocks in the back? Where does it stop?  Should we just take a break between every play while someone hunches over a screen and fine-tooths eveything?

 

Enough. Just play and stop bitching.  You think the refs messed up? Hey, it happens... I have an idea for last year's Saints. Play defense in the overtime, jackasses. Maybe your future HOF quarterback shouldn't have thrown a pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Actually, no, I don't think PI should be reviewable.  It's too subjective, and at super slow motion, pretty much everything looks at least a little like interference. 

And then, what about holding? And roughing? And blocks in the back? Where does it stop?  Should we just take a break between every play while someone hunches over a screen and fine-tooths eveything?

 

Enough. Just play and stop bitching.  You think the refs messed up? Hey, it happens... I have an idea for last year's Saints. Play defense in the overtime, jackasses. Maybe your future HOF quarterback shouldn't have thrown a pick.

 

Didn't the Saints benefit from bad calls when you played them in the NFC Championship Game when Favre was your QB? I don't remember anything specific but I remember a lot of people criticizing the officiating.

Edited by Red Comet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not a fan of reviewing judgment calls in general.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Red Comet said:

 

Didn't the Saints benefit from bad calls when you played them in the NFC Championship Game when Favre was your QB? I don't remember anything specific but I remember a lot of people criticizing the officiating.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPZCVCZNc50&t=77s

 

A lot of Saints players lined their pockets with a lot of extra money that day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.