2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And didn’t they draft Trubisky a few weeks after committing big money to Mike Glennon?

I don’t know which of those things is more sad.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

4 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

The Bears took Mitchell Trubisky over Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson. That is all. 

Isn't it tradition though for the Bears to have a QB who can throw for 2,800 yards, 16 TD and 10 INT?  Who was the last Bears QB to throw for 4,000 yards?  Was it Eric Kramer?  The QB is the last thing I think of when I think of Chicago Bears.

39 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Isn't it tradition though for the Bears to have a QB who can throw for 2,800 yards, 16 TD and 10 INT?  Who was the last Bears QB to throw for 4,000 yards?  Was it Eric Kramer?  The QB is the last thing I think of when I think of Chicago Bears.

If Chicago isn't known as the Graveyard of Quarterbacks, it really should be.

6 hours ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

Any day Dallas beats Philly is a good day.

That is all.

And we blew them out. We never blow them out. In my lifetime, if there was a blowout in a Cowboys-Eagles game, the Cowboys were always the recipient.

It’s nice to be on the other side for once. 

Yesterday’s game also exemplifies why the Cowboys are so maddening. When we are healthy and not committing really stupid, self-inflicted errors, this team is a Super Bowl contender capable of beating anyone. Otherwise we lose to teams like the Jets. 

P.S. Can we start to talk about how terrible the officiating has been this season? It’s literally ruining the viewing experience. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

3 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

And we blew them out. We never blow them out. In my lifetime, if there was a blowout in a Cowboys-Eagles game, the Cowboys were always the recipient.

It’s nice to be on the other side for once. 

Yesterday’s game also exemplifies why the Cowboys are so maddening. When we are healthy and not committing really stupid, self-inflicted errors, this team is a Super Bowl contender capable of beating anyone. Otherwise we lose to teams like the Jets. 

P.S. Can we start to talk about how terrible the officiating has been this season? It’s literally ruining the viewing experience. 

Jason Garrett, I think, is the living embodiment of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. So many times they play like dog[censored] one week (like against the Jets), only to follow it up the next week with a throughly dominating performance.

This team is either red hot, or ice cold; there is rarely any in-between.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

1 hour ago, Red Comet said:

A sky judge like the AAF had is a potential solution. Complaining can be cathartic but I think this might be a real solution. 

I've been saying this for years. This is the solution to combat what happened in the NFC Championship Game, not making PI challengable. They watch from above and watch the TV broadcast and radio the head official and say "yeah you guys missed a really bad pass interference big time. Throw the flag." I honestly think if you had a booth official or two you could get rid of replay and challenges and all the nonsense and histrionics that go along with replay and challenges. 

Here's my issues with football officials: 1. not enough officials to cover all 22 players on the field 2. they're on the ground with the players so their views are often obscured and they often have a worse view of the play, especially the line, than we do on TV 3. there's too many rules and they're all watching the plays for a certain type of infraction, which is why obvious facemask penalties are often missed because the back judge was watching for holdings. If there's officials up top they'll catch those types of things that should've been penalties and overrule bad flags like the one in the Bengals-Bills game where a phantom hold was called on a block that didn't matter, which erased a Bengals kickoff return. It would almost act like replay review in real time and provide a second line of defense for the officials on the field. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Yeah, I actually like this idea. The refs do need to be held accountable but I also want to find a solution rather than kvetch for the sake of kvetching. And this actually looks like a reasonable solution.

Even if I think officiating may not be as awful as people say it is, a lot of people do. And for the sake of the league, they do need to find a solution to this problem.

7 hours ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

Jason Garrett, I think, is the living embodiment of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. So many times they play like dog[censored] one week (like against the Jets), only to follow it up the next week with a throughly dominating performance.

This team is either red hot, or ice cold; there is rarely any in-between.

Kinda reminds me of last year, the Cowboys were coming off of a dreary Monday Night loss to the Titans and at home. Then the next week at Philly on the Sunday Night game, go out and hit Philly in the mouth. It seems like the Eagles always have a great run defense, except when they play Dallas.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

On 10/20/2019 at 12:27 PM, Crabcake47 said:

The Bears took Mitchell Trubisky over Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson. That is all. 

23 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

31 teams passed on Lamar Jackson

And the Bills had a shot at all three of them. Mahomes, Watson and Jackson all rank in the top five in QBR this season, while Josh Allen ranks 25th.

Archived