2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The defensive play calling for the Patriots tonight is...interesting. I don’t think they’re playing for a win tonight. I think they’re playing to not give the Ravens much film to study in the event of a playoff matchup.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Either that, or the NFL equivalent of the boogeyman is haunting all the league's top teams this week (except for the Saints, who are on a bye during, appropriately enough, the weekend of All Saints Day).  Somehow Green Bay got dumptrucked by the Chargers (this after those same Chargers got beat by the Snatit last week), the Seahawks had to got to OT to take down Tampa Bay, somehow Pittsburgh managed to squeak by Indianapolis (which by the way is a better team than most realize, but Pittsburgh, so), and tonight, the Ravens are busting New England's chops. So yeah, it's the boogeyman.

EDIT: also, has anyone ever noticed the expressions that go across Tom Brady's face whenever the Patriots are getting soundly beat? He's sitting on the sidelines looking his he's pissed that his dog figured out a way to outsmart him and escape his house, and he knows he'll never find him again. This much is for sure: no one can say Brady doesn't care, because he clearly does.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

When Tom Brady is mad, America is happy. 

By today’s standard, I think “mad” would be threatening to kill people who @ you on Twitter. I don’t think Brady is at that level just yet.

Good game by Baltimore. Can’t win them all. Hopefully the Patriots can get them again in the playoffs. We’re onto Philadelphia (after the bye!)

what the hell is ccslc?

1 minute ago, Brass said:

By today’s standard, I think “mad” would be threatening to kill people who @ you on Twitter. I don’t think Brady is at that level just yet.

Fair enough. I guess I meant “pouting” or otherwise unhappy. Point still stands. 

I don’t want to hear anyone say Lamar Jackson can’t play QB again. 

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Fair enough. I guess I meant “pouting” or otherwise unhappy. Point still stands.

Well, he is an elite athlete who has dedicated his life to winning, so I don’t really think anybody in his position wouldn’t be “unhappy” to lose. Chance I might be misinterpreting your post, however.

I know it won’t be a popular take, but Brady is usually most upset at himself for losses. Not his defense, not his receivers, not the refs. He’s a regular on the morning radio show on WEEI after each game and the script is usually the same: praises the other team, praises his defense, points out what he can personally improve upon.

Baltimore played fantastic tonight, though, and that cannot be understated.

what the hell is ccslc?

That game was unsettling to watch. Good job on Baltimore exploiting the holes that the Pats have. That Pistol offense feels like when Miami debuted the Wildcat on the Pats a few years ago and they had no answer.

Jackson is quick and nimble and really can be a potent weapon. I could see him going far in the league barring any freak injuries or stupid coaching choices.

Pats have a bye week to hopefully address some of the offensive issues and restructure the defense.

good game by the Ravens overall. Solid gameplan that they stuck to and executed perfectly

11 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

brady has the best nutritionists, supplements, trainers, doctors, and anything else you can think of.  While I’m currently experiencing everything you’re talking about - you’re totally right and it really sucks... I think that with all he has at his fingertips and with the way he plays the game, he can play well past what you and some others are thinking. 

Sure, Brady can keep playing (see George Blanda) but can he remain as effective? We'll see. 

BB52Big.jpg

Just now, infrared41 said:

Sure, Brady can keep playing (see George Blanda) but can he remain as effective? We'll see. 

No, he’s currently not playing as effective. Sure most of that is due to having a :censored: O-line this year. But in the past he could atleast keep the team in games rather than the opposite

1 hour ago, infrared41 said:

Maybe Brady can become a kicker like George Blanda. 😛

Not to date myself, but I'm old enough to remember George Blanda as an actual active NFL player.  😐

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

7 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

Maybe Brady can become a kicker like George Blanda. 😛

Not to date myself, but I'm old enough to remember George Blanda as an actual active NFL player.  😐

Same here. I remember him playing for the Raiders. 

BB52Big.jpg

Archived