2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

On 8/1/2019 at 8:28 AM, McCarthy said:

If you're a gambler person put everything you own on the Seahawks to cover that spread. 

Speaking of, the Redskins telecast on Thursday will feature betting information during the game. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/tv/redskins-to-offer-gambling-focused-preseason-telecast/2019/08/06/e51a64ee-b8b3-11e9-8e83-4e6687e99814_story.html

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Eagles Built a Special Room at the Linc for Fans with Autism and Sensory Challenges:

"Today the franchise revealed a state of the art “Sensory Room” that’s been built at Lincoln Financial Field,  described as a “full-time, 100% dedicated suite for fans and families managing sensory challenges.”"

“The sensory room at Lincoln Financial Field will provide guests with autism and other sensory challenges a safe and comfortable space to meet their needs,”

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2019/08/the-eagles-built-a-special-room-at-the-linc-for-fans-with-autism-and-sensory-challenges.html

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The Eagles Built a Special Room at the Linc for Fans with Autism and Sensory Challenges:

"Today the franchise revealed a state of the art “Sensory Room” that’s been built at Lincoln Financial Field,  described as a “full-time, 100% dedicated suite for fans and families managing sensory challenges.”"

“The sensory room at Lincoln Financial Field will provide guests with autism and other sensory challenges a safe and comfortable space to meet their needs,”

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2019/08/the-eagles-built-a-special-room-at-the-linc-for-fans-with-autism-and-sensory-challenges.html

So wait is this just a play room for kids with no way to watch the game you paid for?

18 minutes ago, dont care said:

So wait is this just a play room for kids with no way to watch the game you paid for?

When the alternative is an autistic kid freaking the :censored: out in a crowded stadium because of sensory overload? Plus, the more exposure autistics get to environments like this, the more likely they'll be able to cope with sensory overload when they get older. This is just a place where they can cool down until they can handle it.

6 hours ago, PittsburghSucks said:

Cleveland Browns trade Duke Johnson to the Houston Texans for a 2020 4th round pick. Should have kept him until Hunt's suspension was over.

Baker shunned him from the team.  Ain't no return from that.

Plus, Hunt's suspension is over following the trade deadline, thus CLE would not receive any compensation if they released him afterwards. 

3 hours ago, dont care said:

I think there's a limit on the time you can spend there depending on what's going on. And it also looked like they had the game on the TV screen. But my kid's happiness trumps watching a game, every time.

2 hours ago, Red Comet said:

When the alternative is an autistic kid freaking the :censored: out in a crowded stadium because of sensory overload? Plus, the more exposure autistics get to environments like this, the more likely they'll be able to cope with sensory overload when they get older. This is just a place where they can cool down until they can handle it.

Good point @Red Comet. My daughter attends Spurs games and other sports events, and a pair of headphones is usually all she needs to cope. She's towards the more highly functioning end of the spectrum. We also attend dance classes and basketball classes through a program, Kinetic Kids, set up specifically for kids with multiple types of mental and physical disabilities. Tiny things like not being able to dribble a ball with their eyes closed can be overwhelming to them and so can loud noises during games or unexpected explosions and fireworks. Having that room available for those kids, who won't really be worrying about a game at that point, is so important. I'm 5'10 and 235 but a teenager freaking out is not something I could deal with on my own. Finding those things that help calm them down immediately is a godsend. My daughter will still occasionally freak out about not having her headphones if she just thinks it might be loud wherever she is. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 8/6/2019 at 8:37 PM, PittsburghSucks said:

I was glad last year when we were able to get anything for this guy. I said when he was traded he wouldn't make it to the end of the season and I was right. Getting rid of him was addition by subtraction. BTW, why does he feel it's time for reinstatement? Because the last time he used he was suspended for over a year. That would have you thinking this time it should be even longer.

It's frustrating as a fan to see promising/talented athletes not be able to get out of their own way.  I have no beef with Gordon; I hope he can work through everything and come out a happy person, with or without football.  But if I was a Browns fan, I think I'd have been relieved that he was finally gone.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

25 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

It's frustrating as a fan to see promising/talented athletes not be able to get out of their own way.  I have no beef with Gordon; I hope he can work through everything and come out a happy person, with or without football.  But if I was a Browns fan, I think I'd have been relieved that he was finally gone.

I am, because at the stat of last preseason you can see he still has the ability, he just literally has to have someone there to smack his hand whenever he gets the urge to use whatever substance he can get his hands on. The NFL should just tell him no until he can prove the ability to go an entire year clean. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 hours ago, Red Comet said:

Ok I misunderstood it. I thought it was a suit you paid to go to the game for if your kid/you are autistic.

So apparently, Antonio Brown is filing grievance against the NFL because they won't let him wear his helmet, which is outdated for current safety measures. AB has been caught several times trying to wear the helmet in practice (apparently he had it repainted with Raider colors), and now is going so far as to threaten retirement if he doesn't get to wear it.

And this is all after the cryotherapy debacle. 

47 minutes ago, ~Bear said:

So apparently, Antonio Brown is filing grievance against the NFL because they won't let him wear his helmet, which is outdated for current safety measures. AB has been caught several times trying to wear the helmet in practice (apparently he had it repainted with Raider colors), and now is going so far as to threaten retirement if he doesn't get to wear it.

From Florio-

Brown, if he’s not with the team and refuses to return, could be put on the active/left squad list. By rule, the team’s leverage for getting him to return would be sending a so-called “five-day letter.” If he doesn’t return within five days, the team could then shift Brown to the reserve/left squad list, which would shut him down for the season and shut off any obligation to pay him.

Because the Raiders gave Brown a signing bonus of only $1 million, he wouldn’t have to write a gigantic check back to the team if his failure to show up in response to a five-day latter ends his season. However, he’d lose $14.625 million in fully-guaranteed salary for 2020. Likewise, $14.5 million in full guarantees for 2021 would likely void.

It remains to be seen whether the Raiders will take such an aggressive approach with Brown. However, the detailed tweet stream from Mike Silver of NFL Network regarding the various concerns and complaints about Brown surely came from someone with the Raiders and not from Brown. Given that Raiders G.M. Mike Mayock worked at NFL Network — and in light of his reputation for being a no-nonsense, Belichickian, old-school #footballguy — it’s quite possible that Mayock and/or coach Jon Gruden are close enough to the breaking point to have leaked to one of Mayock’s former colleagues embarrasing details about Brown.

55 minutes ago, ~Bear said:

Antonio Brown is going to force his way out of Oakland faster than Randy Moss did.

On the one hand, I don't think there's anything intrinsically wrong with Antonio Brown wanting to wear the same helmet he always has. Pro sports players are known to be superstitious. Even the great Tom Brady didn't want to change helmets.

On the other hand, if Brown is acting well out of the bounds of expected behavior, what's the possibility this is CTE in real time? Not zero, right? I know everyone likes to laugh at dudes, but there's also a possibility he's actively suffering.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

9 hours ago, DG_Now said:

On the other hand, if Brown is acting well out of the bounds of expected behavior, what's the possibility this is CTE in real time? Not zero, right? I know everyone likes to laugh at dudes, but there's also a possibility he's actively suffering.

I'm thinking that this is it. Look at boxers or MMA fighters who get crazier over time. Ike Ibeabuchi has a long list of madness following his fight with David Tua, Edwin Valero became increasingly unhinged until he murdered his wife, Jason "Mayhem" Miller had a standoff with police and several assaults, and Brett Rogers just grew more violent as his career progressed. 

You could argue that we've seen the "real time" mental decline happen before in the NFL and NHL. Aaron Hernandez, Patrick Cote, Larry Bethea, Alonzo Spellman, and Bob Probert are all good examples of this. I do hope we're not watching Brown suffer and making fun of him for it.

On 8/7/2019 at 12:44 AM, Red Wolf said:

So your NFL persona is the basically the equivalent of @Bucfan56's NHL gimmick. I mean, I get it. The Bengals are even less of a regular season threat than the Sharks. Just want to keep everything straight.

I don't know. There's a lot of people in this town whose relationship with the Bengals is similar to mine. It's more like Brutal Realism than it is Manufactured Pessimism. if the Bengals had a good team with a good shot I'd say as much, but they don't and it's unlikely that they'll be competitive for a long time. I honestly think it's weird that there's still adults who go to their games and can find the ability to still get upset when they don't perform. Like, why are you people expecting anything different from this organization? I think anyone who does that at this point is probably just a little bit stupid. 

Something happened in early 2016 when they lost to the Steelers and I've never really cared about football since. It all just felt so pointless and inevitable. At least the Sharks have beaten teams in the playoffs before. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived