2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

On 11/12/2019 at 4:55 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

Seattle gets kinda screwed, as their game against the Eagles in two weeks just got moved from SNF to a 1PM Eastern game.  I think they're coming off a bye, so maybe they come into town early, but I imagine that pacific-time-zone teams playing at 1PM eastern time are at a measurable disadvantage.

Usually that's true. But, Seattle is unbeaten on the road this season and that has included early starts at Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Atlanta with early starts at Philly and Carolina still to come.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/12/2019 at 4:36 PM, Red Comet said:

Does anyone need to read an article about what referees went to the emergency room for putting bizarre things in a certain place where such things don't belong? Referees are very much a sports issue. Doesn't require any sort of political bent to see that.

"How Bad NFL Referees Are Exactly Like Dave Portnoy"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Boy, boy Cleveland...even when they win, they STILL end up losing. What in the whole world...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Is there any precedent of how the NFL will handle this? Honestly I wouldn’t be upset with a lifetime ban, but is there an incident that the NFL might compare this to to base their penalty?

3 minutes ago, jn8 said:

Is there any precedent of how the NFL will handle this? Honestly I wouldn’t be upset with a lifetime ban, but is there an incident that the NFL might compare this to to base their penalty?

Honestly, I'm not sure. The next closet thing was Haynesworth stomping on a player and that got him a 5 game suspension. This? Well, you're looking at 6 games minimum. Make an example out of him.

11 minutes ago, jn8 said:

I'd expect he's done for the year, maybe even playoffs if they made them. Pouncey could be looking at a suspension as well for throwing punches and kicking Garrett in the head. I could see Rudolph getting a fine for trying to rip off Garrett's helmet as well but won't be surprised if it gets waived. The other Brown ejected will probably get a game suspension at a minimum.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 minutes ago, jn8 said:

A lifetime ban? That is a bit of an overreaction. Suh and Haynesworth immediately come to mind as players who did really stupid :censored:. There have been plenty of others over the years. I'm not defending Myles Garrett, but Rudolph went after him first and was taking swings when Garrett went full moron and swung the helmet. No idea if that will play a role. It shouldn't because cracking a player in the head with his own helmet kinda trumps everything else, but you never know. Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if Garrett is suspended for the rest of the season. In any case, it's an embarrassment to the Browns and to Browns fans. Garrett deserves what's coming to him. He ruined an otherwise great night for the Browns. 

BB52Big.jpg

Myles Garrett will get the rest of the season off and likely a visit to an Ohio courtroom.  That was an all-time stupid moment for the sport.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Haynesworth stomping on a dude’s face was worse. Some of Suh’s stuff was worse. Burfict (sp) is worse. This is bad but let’s not act like it’s a stain on an otherwise perfect game. This isn’t Marty McSorley level of assault. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Haynesworth stomping on a dude’s face was worse. Some of Suh’s stuff was worse. Burfict (sp) is worse. This is bad but let’s not act like it’s a stain on an otherwise perfect game. This isn’t Marty McSorley level of assault. 

I agree. Heat of the moment and that dude was reaching for similar and saying maybe worse. None of these guys are angels. I'm glad Mason Rudolph's brains weren't splattered on TV, and if guys can throw their girlfriends down stairs and still play pro ball, Myles Garrett ought to be able to play again. I mean, it's not like he's protesting police brutality or anything.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

What Garret did is definitely up there as one of the dirtiest moments in the NFL. 

It's one thing to punch or kick a guy (which is already egregious), but to rip off a players helmet & hit him with it? That's definitely the dirtiest thing I've seen. 

Outside of Football, that's assault & battery. Which would land you in jail.  

Unfortunately he'll probably just get a huge fine and may 3-4 game suspension at most.

1 minute ago, BringBackTheVet said:

No, but it still ain't great.  That said, I agree that Suh, Haynesworth and Burfict are worse if for no other reason than they purposely do that type thing. At least Garrett isn't known for being a dirty player. That does not in any way excuse his behavior tonight, but it's not like he has a history of pulling boneheaded stunts. So there's that, I guess. 

BB52Big.jpg

Who ever the dude is talking to Scott Van Pelt is talking like he just saw 9-11. Jesus shut up. A dude got pissed, and will be suspended for it. Just stop it with the overreaction.  there are far worse guys o that field. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived