2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

8 hours ago, AustinFomBoston said:

What makes this so abhorrent to me is the fact he Garret basically used a piece of sport equipment as a weapon, like physically took it off & beat him with it. 

I know guys like Suh & Burfict have far dirtier histories, but I don't recall them ever doing anything like that. 

7 hours ago, infrared41 said:

It's not the first time and it won't be the last. Believe me, I've seen a lot of nonsense in the NFL in all the years I've been watching. This seems like a really big deal because it's the latest big deal, but I've seen worse - most of it off the field and a woman is usually on the short end of it. Remember Ray Rice? Yeah, cracking a guy with his own helmet is bad, but is it really as "abhorrent" as watching a running back drag a woman on her face out of an elevator?

While I'm here, talk to an Admin about adding an R to Fom and fixing your screen name. Or did you do that on purpose? B)

Well before everyone's time . . . even 'red and I . . . 

https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2019/11/15/myles-garrett-and-mason-rudolph-meet-juan-marichal-and-john-roseboro/

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta feel for Mason Rudolph. First he gets knocked out on a dirty hit by Earl, and then he has this to deal with. 

I think it’s very telling that all of the Browns (at least that I’ve seen quoted, namely Baker, OBJ, and Jarvis) have basically said “yeah he shouldn’t have done that.” Usually when it comes to controversial hits guys stick up for their own no matter who’s at fault, but it’s pretty clear here that Garrett was way out of line. A rest of season suspension should be the starting point imo. 

spacer.png

9 hours ago, infrared41 said:

And you don't? I wish I had your willpower. Well that, and I have a podcast I have to do every week which will once again have more Cleveland Browns talk than anyone should have to endure. Especially me.  :upside:

I used to wonder how some people could not care about sports, and envied them a little bit, but now I get it. Maybe it's because my team is 0-9, ownership has been holding the team hostage for 30 years, and we haven't won a playoff game in my conscious life, but I've found it surprisingly easy to walk away and I really really don't miss football. People don't believe me when I say that. I'm beginning to question whether I ever liked football or if I just liked NFL Films' depiction of football because they're two very different things. 

I forgot there was a game last night until I woke up to a text about it this morning. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

9 hours ago, AustinFomBoston said:

What Garret did is definitely up there as one of the dirtiest moments in the NFL. 

It's one thing to punch or kick a guy (which is already egregious), but to rip off a players helmet & hit him with it? That's definitely the dirtiest thing I've seen. 

Outside of Football, that's assault & battery. Which would land you in jail.  

Unfortunately he'll probably just get a huge fine and may 3-4 game suspension at most.

for us but not for them (when was the last anyway who did that in sports ended up in jail).  

so long and thanks for all the fish.

1 hour ago, goalieboy82 said:

for us but not for them (when was the last anyway who did that in sports ended up in jail).  

Technically it still is assault and battery since it wasn’t a part of a football play. Al “bubba” Baker gouged Ron heller’s eye, he sued and won because it was after the play and not a part of the game. Ron won $50,000 In damages no jail because it was a civil suit though.

7 minutes ago, dont care said:

Technically it still is assault and battery since it wasn’t a part of a football play. Al “bubba” Baker gouged Ron heller’s eye, he sued and won because it was after the play and not a part of the game. Ron won $50,000 In damages no jail because it was a civil suit though.

i know that but has anyone ever been to jail because assault and battery on the field.  

so long and thanks for all the fish.

2 hours ago, McCarthy said:

I used to wonder how some people could not care about sports, and envied them a little bit, but now I get it. I've found it surprisingly easy to walk away and I really really don't miss football. People don't believe me when I say that.

I'm beginning to question whether I ever liked football or if I just liked NFL Films' depiction of football because they're two very different things. 

FWIW, I find it easy to believe that you don't miss football. I've already all but quit College Football and I don't miss it at all. I think I've watched the Buckeyes maybe twice all season. I like having my Saturdays back. 

If given the choice of watching a live game or watching the NFL Films version of that game, I'll take the NFL Films version every time. They are indeed two very different things. 

BB52Big.jpg

23 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

For those of you in the "Garrett did the worst thing ever" camp, you should look up when Kermit Washington punched Rudy Tomjanovich in an NBA game. I'll warn you ahead of time, it's not for the squeamish. 

Are you really trying to compare a punch that happened to hurt someone, vs a guy picking up a dude by the helmet ripping it off and using it as a weapon and swinging it at him? Sure the outcomes were different, but Myles Garrett’s could have been so much worse, and fortunately it cause no major injury. But we can’t determine this based on the outcome but the act itself. 

3 minutes ago, dont care said:

Are you really trying to compare a punch that happened to hurt someone, vs a guy picking up a dude by the helmet ripping it off and using it as a weapon and swinging it at him?

Both had the intent to injure, and Kermit Washington's punch destroyed Rudy's career as a result. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

43 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

For those of you in the "Garrett did the worst thing ever" camp, you should look up when Kermit Washington punched Rudy Tomjanovich in an NBA game. I'll warn you ahead of time, it's not for the squeamish. 

I've seen that. What Garrett did is still indefensible. There is nothing, NOTHING, that justifies bashing a player's head with their helmet. And anyone trying to do so is a fool. 

Reminds of Kareem Hunt trying to justify beating up a woman "because she said the N-word". Even if true, at worst Mason Rudolph is classless. Still not as bad as someone trying to give a person a life-threatening head injury.

56 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Dude an inch or so could have made this worse than the Kermit Washington punch. Garett and the NFL are lucky that there wasn’t a tragedy last night, he deserves to be gone 16 games at a minimum. 

Call me crazy, but I'd have like to have seen Rudolph get a game.  He did try to rip the helmet off and he kicked Garrett in the nuts.

Garrett's punishment (and the uncertainty going into next year) was still correct.  If he behaves himself in the offseason, I think you give him eight more games.  If not, continue with indefinite with review prior to 2021.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

13 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

Call me crazy, but I'd have like to have seen Rudolph get a game.  He did try to rip the helmet off and he kicked Garrett in the nuts.

Garrett's punishment (and the uncertainty going into next year) was still correct.  If he behaves himself in the offseason, I think you give him eight more games.  If not, continue with indefinite with review prior to 2021.

I think four at most is appropriate, not half the season. With four games next year that's 10 weeks of lost revenue, plus any losses if he's not allowed in training camp.They'll probably review his case just prior to training camp as well or just prior to the start of the new season.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, goalieboy82 said:

i know that but has anyone ever been to jail because assault and battery on the field.  

Off the top of my head Dino Ciccarelli back in the late 80's was sentenced to one day in jail for an on ice incident with Luke Richardson in Toronto.

sCUDQZQ.jpg

YIKES 😬

Your teammate just got suspended for the year with potentially more being added on. You have two options:

1: Tweet a picture of yourself standing by an unconscious player

2: Literally anything else

Like.... how can you be this dumb?

Archived