2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

6 minutes ago, Wings said:

It would be kind of funny if the 49ers lose their final 8 games to finish 8-8. 

Would be even funnier if the Raiders lost to the Bengals. Which doesn't look like a non-zero possibility right now. Eh, the 49ers of Santa Clara might win a few more games but yeah, would be funny.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take 2017 out of it, and Wentz is a perfect example of a guy that just 'looks' like a great football player.  He looks like a HOF player while just standing there in his uniform.  But the reality is that he's a waste of good organs that could be donated to people that could really use them and actually work at things rather than relying on a fictitious being to just make everything work for them.  I hope he's an organ donor, and the donation is able to happen soon.

EDIT: he's throwing to players that should probably be working in offices or warehouses rather than NFL fields, so that's not nothing, but he still needs a firm slap in his face.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Carson Wentz is the second-worst QB I've ever seen, behind that insecure-drunk-DUI-getting Donovan McNabb.  Not sure what it'll take to get him pulled - heart attack maybe?  I hope his cholesterol is high.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wentz is the most inconsistent, really good QB, I’ve ever seen. 

3rd Down: Misses wide open TE by a country mile. Would have been a first down. 

4th down: with 5 Patriot defenders about to tackle him, throws up a dime, off his back foot no less, and his WR, famous for having bricks for hands, drops the game-tying TD.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

With the first pick of the 2020 NFL Draft....the Cincinnati Bengals select Joe Burrow, QB LSU. 

Five minutes later: ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting that Burrow will instead be signing with the Ottawa RedBlacks of the Canadian Football League. 

Some thoughts on the Ravens game:

-That Hopkins no-call was ridiculous. I’ve never seen a sport’s refs openly revolt against a rule like this. 
-Lamar deserves MVP. Russ will win it because he’s been in the league longer and the fact that he hasn’t won one yet despite being a top 5 QB for years, but Lamar is special. I think he deserves it. 
-If the defense plays like that the rest of the way, the Ravens are legit Super Bowl contenders. Judon especially was insane today but he usually has one blowup game per year and then is sort of middling other than that. 
-Mark Ingram is a sneaky candidate for best signing of the offseason. 
-Texans need to sort out the O-Line or Deshaun is going to become the next Luck, which would be a shame cause the dude is awesome and I really enjoy watching him play. 
-Lamar freakin’ Jackson

spacer.png

I wish a Cleveland Brown would swing a helmet at Carson Wentz' unprotected head, and unlike the reality of today's situation, the helmet would legitimately have to be considered be a deadly weapon.  Screw him, and all the talk I'm about to hear at his press conference about how this was Jesus's plan and he's cool with it.  Drop dead douchebag.

9 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I wish a Cleveland Brown would swing a helmet at Carson Wentz' unprotected head, and unlike the reality of today's situation, the helmet would legitimately have to be considered be a deadly weapon.  Screw him, and all the talk I'm about to hear at his press conference about how this was Jesus's plan and he's cool with it.  Drop dead douchebag.

WE all know that dropping a knee for God is much more acceptable than .... oh never mind....

I saw, I came, I left.

7 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Have Philly fans realized yet they let the wrong QB walk? 

Also, do people still think Brady winning ring #7 is a forgone conclusion? The offense is probably one of the worst they've had in years (literal Julian Edleman is carrying this team), no deep threat and a turnstile offensive line.

Can't say, but Nick Foles is only good in limited doses. Over time the effect wears off. I did learn that passionate fanbase is the politically correct term for psychotic fanbase, though so that's a new one.

You're more likely to see Lamar Jackson representing the AFC than anyone right now. Provided that he can stay upright, though.

11 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Have Philly fans realized yet they let the wrong QB walk? 

Absolutely not.  Foles is not a good QB.  He's the best in the world in certain small stretches, but overall is below average.  I was all for keeping Wentz, and despite my posts hoping for his death, I still think he can be great, while Foles will not be.  I love Foles (the player, not the man) for what he did - he played the two best games by any QB I've ever seen in my life - but I would have voted for Wentz in that race - and I stand by that vote.

The Eagles are playing with 3rd string, 4th string, and guys-on-street players on offense (other than Ertz and Miles Sanders... who is still not even the starter) but the way Wentz played, they can't even use that as an excuse.  New England's defense was not good today.  THe Eagles running back injuries and Carson Wentz' POS brain lost that game.  It's one thing if a great defense just "gets you".  That happens all the time.  It's another thing when that defense isn't playing at that level, but you make them look like they're playing at that level.

3 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Yeah, NE’s defense was definitely overrated by playing such bad teams. 

But they’re still pretty damn solid, without a doubt the strength of the team. 

Not saying NE's defense isn't really good, but today wasn't an example of it playing well.  They were them playing a severely-depleted team that with a competent QB would still have cut them up.  Even with high-school JV receivers and RB, a good QB would have scored 30 points today.  

Archived