2019 NFL Season: Super Bowl LIV

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The field is :censored:. That is all.

Also, my fellow Chiefs fans, is it too hard to be happy that you're in the lead after such a terrible first half? Because I go on ArrowheadPride and people are acting like they're down by 4 touchdowns. Jesus bloody Christ.

1 hour ago, dont care said:

I hate how some announcers want to call any play an athletic an makes as an RPO. Play action isn’t an RPO, QB draw isn’t an RPO, QB scramble isn’t an RPO. But that’s the new hotness so they have to talk about it.

My favorite was hearing an announcer last year say something like, "some of the RPO's are actually runs all the way, without a passing option." I couldn't even believe it. I mean, it was an ESPN+ college football game, so I guess that makes it more believable.

6 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

My favorite was hearing an announcer last year say something like, "some of the RPO's are actually runs all the way, without a passing option." I couldn't even believe it. I mean, it was an ESPN+ college football game, so I guess that makes it more believable.

I've heard RPO twice in the last 5 minutes. This is an Andy Reid offense, running just doesn't happen.

Ugly, but a win is a win. I'll take it.

Edit: I have never hated my own team's fanbase more than tonight. If they beat the Raiders 100-0, they'd :censored: about not beating them 200-0. This team is not winning a Super Bowl this year. Might as well enjoy the season while it lasts.

31 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I'm enjoying watching the divots fly up out of the turf.

The NFL gave the field an A grade on inspection, there were no events held there in the last two weeks, and Mexico's biggest club soccer team as well as their national team play their home games there.

I mean, you really would expect better.

spacer.png

57 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

The NFL gave the field an A grade on inspection, there were no events held there in the last two weeks, and Mexico's biggest club soccer team as well as their national team play their home games there.

The field was spectacular when games were at Tottenham Stadium.  Tonight, not so much. 

9 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

I'd like to know if they graded on a curve because the only time I've seen fields that bad was Arrowhead back when the Wizards played there 7 months out of the year along with the Chiefs. And the field was that bad in November/December. After it rained/snowed. This was a newly installed field, no excuse for how bad it was.

Potential 17-Game NFL Season Could Include Neutral-Site Games

I guess this makes the most sense, and wouldn't throw off the NFL's scheduling matrix for an even split of home and road games.  I'm just curious how the extra opponent is decided, probably another cross-conference opponent from a division not being played that year.

Link also talks about how the Super Bowl would be the last Sunday in February, and also grant a second bye week, with the season still starting the weekend after Labor Day.

2 hours ago, Red Comet said:

Myles Garrett accuses Mason Rudolph of saying a racial slur at his appeals hearing.

Even if true, that STILL doesn't justify bashing a man's head in with his helmet.

I saw your original post. How typical. The black player gets kicked in the nuts, gets his helmet torn at, gets called the n-word (or similar), and he's the one who overreacted.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

8 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I saw your original post. How typical. The black player gets kicked in the nuts, gets his helmet torn at, gets called the n-word (or similar), and he's the one who overreacted.

Again, he's the one who used a helmet as a blunt weapon against another player's head. Plus, why didn't he say this the night it happened? There's cameras and microphones on that field. How come no else on that field said that Rudolph allegedly said a racial slur? Why until the appeals hearing? Rudolph should've been suspended for a couple games but this move reeks of slander. 

The proposal for a longer season does make me wonder why the NFL doesn't do Friday night, instead of Thursday night games. If anyone can make Friday night a prime TV watching time, you'd think the NFL wouldn't have as much as an issue with it and high-school football can't be that much of a draw to siphon off fans. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I'm surprised that hasn't changed up to this point. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

35 minutes ago, Alex Houston said:

The proposal for a longer season does make me wonder why the NFL doesn't do Friday night, instead of Thursday night games. If anyone can make Friday night a prime TV watching time, you'd think the NFL wouldn't have as much as an issue with it and high-school football can't be that much of a draw to siphon off fans. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I'm surprised that hasn't changed up to this point. 

16 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Antitrust exemption says no Friday (high school) or Saturday (college) games while they're in season.

Yep.  The Sports Broadcasting Act of 1961 sets the groundrules for no Friday nights or Saturdays from the second Friday in September until the second Saturday in December.

Archived