2 hours ago, Crabcake said:

The Premier League is launching their own Hall of Fame, the first two players inducted will be announced March 19, with more to come. 

The official article only mentions players, though I’d assume managers will eventually be in too. If we’re going players though, I’d go Shearer and Giggs/Henry to start. If managers can be inducted initially Sir Alex is the first name on the sheet, followed by Shearer. 

I'm far from a Manchester United fan but it would be a crime to not include Ferguson in the first batch of HOFers.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, JayMac said:

I'm far from a Manchester United fan but it would be a crime to not include Ferguson in the first batch of HOFers.

I think an opening class without Roy Keane, Thierry Henry and Steven Gerrard would be blasphemy. I know there are better MUFC players statistically, but Keane ran that team on the field, even if he can't run one from the bench. Shearer will obviously be in for the Newcastle scoring record, even though Jackie Milburn actually scored more when Shearer was "officially" top scorer, as Milburn's goals from 1943-1945 were not originally considered because teams were weaker during World War II. There is an English Football Hall of Fame though, in Manchester.  

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

76 minutes played, and Liverpool -- who haven't lost all season -- are currently down 3-0 to Watford, who started the day in the relegation zone. 

EDIT: Game over -- Watford win 3-0. As the commentators pointed out, Liverpool will still likely win the league, but this is their first loss in 422 days, and brings an 18-game winning streak in the league to an end. It also ensures that Arsenal are still the only team to go through a Premier League season without losing a game.

1 hour ago, officeglenn said:

76 minutes played, and Liverpool -- who haven't lost all season -- are currently down 3-0 to Watford, who started the day in the relegation zone. 

I saw this right around that same mark and I first thought the score bug had an error. I then thought that all of Liverpool's starters were given a rest day. Neither were the case. Amazing. 

2 hours ago, JG36 said:

The first time (And maybe I missed some others, haven’t been a big football fan for very long) since Brazil v Germany that I thought the score was an error. I now think to how much money was lost at the sports books.

I'd think they earned more this week since people would expect a Liverpool win.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Coronavirus: Juventus v Inter Milan among five Serie A matches postponed

Matches at Udinese, AC Milan, Parma and Sassuolo have also fallen victim to the outbreak of the virus in Italy.

The games were initially going to be played behind closed doors, but Serie A took the decision on Saturday morning to call them off.

All five fixtures have been rescheduled for Wednesday, 13 May.

As a consequence, the Coppa Italia final, which was scheduled for the same day, has been moved to the following week on Wednesday, 20 May - four days before the end of the domestic season.

14 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'd think they earned more this week since people would expect a Liverpool win.

I worded that wrong, meant the money that bettors would lose. The sports books probably did make a lot this week

I've had some time to stew on the loss.

First things first - Watford deserved that W, plain and simple.  Better team the entire game.  Liverpool haven't looked right since the Atletico game and the loss of Henderson is just exacerbating that.  Despite their dominance in the league I think the lads' confidence is probably at an all time low for this season.  (By the way, this should be the last nail in the coffin of anyone who still doesn't rate Jordan Henderson.  Anyone who tries to say he's not good enough for Liverpool or England or is just a "sideways/backwards passer" either doesn't actually watch the games or is trolling.)

I think that loss could be the best thing that happens to this team.  We needed to be reminded that you don't win games by divine right - you've got to earn it.  Especially with the Atletico clash at Anfield looming, it's an important reminder to the team that nothing is given on the field - everything is earned.  I really wanted us to go undefeated, I think we were good enough to do it, but it does take a lot of pressure off of us now to try and match the Invincibles, and we can just go out there and focus on playing our best game.

The Atletico clash is now the most important game of the season.

spacer.png

Hasn’t been mentioned here yet, but no surprise Liverpool lost to Chelsea 2-0 and bowed out of the FA Cup in the 5th round. Will they still beat Atletico? Now that they’ve lost in the EPL, will they even win by double digit points? Lots of questions to be asked.

https://en.as.com/en/2020/03/05/football/1583433211_824048.html

Juventus making sure to win fans in Serie A by saying Roma should've been in champions League instead of Atalanta, who would have to have a Barcelona style meltdown to lose a 3 goal lead in their round of 16 matchup with Valencia, at home-ish (San Siro). Dolts like this are why people don't take UEFA seriously.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

As both an Everton and Atleti fan, this is special. I don’t care if we go out in the quarterfinal, the club really needed this after (what has so far been) a tough year. Hoping the momentum carries into La Liga, but mainly just happy to see Liverpool out of the UCL. Knocking such an utterly dominant side out on the road, this is going to go down as one of Simeone’s finest nights. 

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Fair play to Atleti. Not many teams in Europe can go to Anfield and keep their heads after going 2-0 down - Barça certainly couldn’t. Football is a cruel game sometimes, and Liverpool deserved to win today. Bad things happen when you don’t finish your chances. And Adrian, woof. That was a Karius-level mistake.

This sucks, royally so, but if you’d offered Liverpool fans a guaranteed PL trophy at the beginning of the season with nothing else I think a decent amount of them would take it. 2019-20 LFC will go down as a Top 5 PL side of all time but I think this loss removes them from the company of Utd’s Treble winners and maybe even the Centurions on an all-competitions basis. 

spacer.png

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/03/liverpool-could-lift-premier-league-title-wearing-nike-kit.html

If the league goes past June, does the FA make Liverpool keep wearing New Balance to the end of the year or does Nike get in the door on 1 June? Unless Nike had fan gear on hand, ready to go I think they'd finish in New Balance even though they'd be selling some Nike gear at that point. I know switching kits mid-season happens in Latin America due to split season scheduling but I don't think it would be allowed in the EPL. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived