maybe i'm crazy, but i noticed something earlier..

ColeJ

The A is an A but its also the arrow pointing North. :P

What sort of A would it be if it didn't point upwards (North)?

I'm not trying to kill your theory, but that's just what A's look like.

I do think it means STARS. And any city could have been the Stars.

Eg

Anaheim has plenty of stars, Mickey Mouse is a huge star.

Denver, err, well, Bob Denver was a star, once. :)

But who knows what goes on in the creative minds of those who designed it

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

also, i'm not a fan of norm green in the slightest. i think he's a slimy businessman, who makes many underhanded decisions...

that being said, he DID save the north stars from being relocated in the 80's, when he bought the team... then he realized it just wouldn't work with so few ticket holders, so he moved the team to a new city that was a bigger market... turned out it was a good idea, since the stars sell out about 95% of their games since moving here.

so norm green sucks. i'm not defending him at all... but north stars fans seem to forget that if he hadn't bought the team, then the northstars would have left years before their final cup run in 91.

they should quit complaining they have a team now lol

and it'd be one thing if the north stars sold out every game, then moved to dallas...

and it'd be one thing if dallas didn't buy tickets to the games either...

but in all fairness to everyone, the north stars couldn't sell tickets no matter what, but then they moved to dallas, where they make all kinds of money.

it worked out best for everyone, as dallas gets a team it loves, while minnesota got the wake up call it needed to remind them that PROFESSIONAL hockey needs some love too.. now they've got the wild, and they love them to death.

it's win win.

besides, i've said all along, i'd be a stars fan even if they announced they were moving tomorrow. i can't promise i'll be living in the same city for the rest of my life, so why should i be bitter if my favorite team can't do it either? i'd proudly support the portland/winnipeg/anywhere north stars :) i don't understand why people hate their home teams for relocating, to this day.

i heard one wild fan explain it to me this way... the north stars are the state of minnesota's ex-girlfriend... they still sorta have feeling for her, but now she's dating dallas instead... hence the bitterness and hatred.

I think you may be right on this one, Cole. I don't think the star would be disconnected there for the sake of distinguishing it an an "A", so therefore, I think your theory could very easily hold true

IUe6Hvh.png

You got way too much time on your hands. Although I think when the Minnesota North Stars adopted that logo they changed their name to just Minnesota Stars for like a season or two before they moved to Dallas

Signature intentionally left blank

You got way too much time on your hands. Although I think when the Minnesota North Stars adopted that logo they changed their name to just Minnesota Stars for like a season or two before they moved to Dallas

1st of all, i've had about 11 years to think about this logo, as it's my favorite sports team :) not sure if it's too much time on my hands, as much as it's just noticing something one day about a logo i've seen on a daily basis for over 1/2 my life :)

and no, they were not just the minnesota stars for their final seasons. they were the Minnesota North Stars until 1993-94, when they became the Dallas Stars.

they wore some variations of the black and green sweaters in 91-92 through 98-99... only tweaking them over time. as has been beaten like a deadhorse in this thread, while the primary logo said STARS, and not north, for the final 2 seasons, the team was still known as the minnesota north stars... hence what got me thinking about the purpose of the arrangement of the upward pointing point in the logo...

on an unrelated note, anyone else think that the stars completely ripped off the design of the USFL team?

Archived