The Non-football NFL Concept League - 18/11 Arizona Diamondbacks and Oakland Invaders((16/64))

heavybass

So whilst I was doing fun concepts in the main thread I was doing, I got an idea on how would non-NFL franchises cope if some of those faced each other... if I took the 32 team league ((possibly extend this to 64 if the idea works)) and split it into 8 of each of East, North, South and West then I wonder who would even take part.... in the other thread I got 8 concepts made and I didn't do any detail onto why they would exist... because they would be further explained here... so pretend the traditional NFL doesn't exist in this thread because in the US and Canada... I will be showing you who will face each other.

WdwmXDKzAjAOAIIDHZ2IiwygF6_vlJvps49xq66G

Thanks to @mjrbaseball for this map as it is vastly detail and gives me a blueprint of where shall I put these teams down.

East will be divided between Ontario/Quebec and as far as Northern Florida, North will be between Kansas/Nebraska and Ohio, South will consist of Texas to Southern Florida and West will have what's left of the states ((The line is split between Orlando with Jacksonville being in the East and Tampa Bay where Miami will be in the South.))

Now for the exceptions:

The AAF won't be available as they are a recent league and I won't be doing the XFL either... too complicated and I don't fancy them to show up.
No CFL teams... yeah no CFL sides so no Argos, no Tiger Cats, no BC and no Allouttes.

So let's take a look at this map now as I insert the first team...

9ZweayH76JnJbHdky1z02vRSvPm9hOvrWfPM7w33

Let's zoom in shall we?

qiFSNH2Zshc8jtN9HT2JGMvy-OZq8Jxf1Yyy0nKm

The first team of the Eastern Conference...

HARTFORD WHALERS

tjw9qqx4wm7OzDaHxjXStphg416hKjm8uLGPDc10

2XBv7jGbgGEyChU9AKwSq74u6HmkAsjCG47ZQ7U0

nEdcw3WASvqG-9inU8NilmvQ39gQin-6rVA1n6Vm

Now then...

WHY DID I CHOOSE THE WHALERS AND NOT THE HURRICANES?

Out of all the teams in the NHL, the Whalers have one of the best histories out there as well as a dedicated fanbase that love to see Pucky the Whale return someday.

WHY IN THE EASTERN DIVISION?

I wanted to create a classic Toronto/Quebec/Boston/New England NHL rivalry style that benefits these mostly east coast teams.

IS THE RETRO KIT A REFERENCE TO NEW ENGLAND?

Correct.

-------

CC is always welcome, gotta know if I made the correct decision or not.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A touch of blue in the lower two-thirds of the uniform would help your color balance. Also, why is the Whalers logo stretched out on the helmet?

rATMcmK.png

16 minutes ago, Whittier S said:

A touch of blue in the lower two-thirds of the uniform would help your color balance. Also, why is the Whalers logo stretched out on the helmet?

I recently learnt how to vector which is why the logo is stretched out ((although I don't think it is)).

Also I have blue pants just for variency.

kEmsoV7chK68Yr9dFX4l8dimgnfbOFIKr159wNTI

I believe so do a lot of people, I figured I would pay tribute to that concept by doing this one.

Anyway I figured I get the 2nd one up before I head off and design one of the North teams I planned as a concept.

Let us return to the map!

N7EnlV7HtcXNKtfouIGOzDmelEVKPveGLBeZ_v0c

Yeah I think we're gonna need a zoom for that...

J4aEyPPrnPz_qfNdxVWfsEzndaPk2ypsoHDuE4Xh

Yep.... it's the team that moved to Colorado but not in this thread....

QUEBEC NORDIQUES

oyHuVpZ5m--r0xQTSwrya4Jta1GXy2PPKNONUuWu

lHhL9pOg_oyXh_jHwIVYig2pWebKYkkWxt-OcqGb

X5Ss09200Ku_ZqZMVVJysQUv6MXwOJ1kjozv1v3Q

Question time:

WHY THE NORDIQUES?
Because Quebec State has a unique team in the Nordiques than the Canadians their one time rival teams as this was a team that whilst not very good also had imagination and uniqueness to the look, plus people want to see Quebec City as an expansion of the NHL but Betteman keeps says no.

WHAT INSPIRATION DID YOU TAKE?
The dark blue that the Alt has comes from the French flag, the retro look is classic Nordiques, the big city idea I had comes from their future identity the Avalanche... I didn't want to go far from what made the Nordiques special, heck the fleurs were moved up to mid shirt because it was mentioned that no one sees the lower part of the shirt.

WHY NO RED ALT?
It wouldn't work with what I had in mind and I wanted to go beyond the scheme of just red, white and blue.

2 hours ago, heavybassX said:

I recently learnt how to vector which is why the logo is stretched out ((although I don't think it is)).

It definitely is... You need to keep one of the corners stable while you shrink or grow anything so that way it stays the same proportion.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1 hour ago, chcarlson23 said:

It definitely is... You need to keep one of the corners stable while you shrink or grow anything so that way it stays the same proportion.

I don't know what program you're using, but in Inkscape, I hold down Shift + Ctrl when growing/shrinking--keeping my proportions whilst also keeping the center stable.

rATMcmK.png

Off to a good start so far, couple things. Stripes on the whalers helmet and pants need to be thicker, drop the fleur de lis under the numbers, add a large solid color stripe to Nords pants.

3 hours ago, JH42XCC said:

Also, the map images aren't working

Working fine for me... I'll keep an eye on them just in case.

3 hours ago, GDLions said:

Off to a good start so far, couple things. Stripes on the whalers helmet and pants need to be thicker, drop the fleur de lis under the numbers, add a large solid color stripe to Nords pants.

Thank you, I will be making touch ups as I go along.

Alright let's move onto team 3.... time to bring up the map!

y6GhDfs-3KjN8m61UftMIMgtu4othrTW-9Aw-5n9

Yeah I think everyone can see who the new team is.... they reside in Tampa Bay, Florida. They are the first team of the South Division and invented a style of football that made Florida football popular today, i'm talking about those...

TAMPA BAY BANDITS
iKCNvVx2SFJyZXiVRrbQ_ND3kmq9x06BkMu8hRgG

W-Cp1UdGHfYaUXFpn4U6NVC4IKcaAtWdmLEIkhch

LnYAp0wnlfKv8LdGWNuO8GKHBES1TAqrr2abulSj

And now the following...

WHY THE BANDITS?
Many of the USFL teams were unique and so were the Bandits... heck anything Jerry Reed involved can make a team likeable, hell the Bandits are still fondly remembered in Tampa today.

IS THIS THE ONLY USFL TEAM YOU ARE DOING?
Nah dawg there's at least 5-6 teams I like to update for my concepts.... hell the Stallions of Birmingham are coming up and they're considered the 49ers of the East.

WHY NO BANDIT INSPIRED LOOK?
Because red, black, grey and white works well for this team... anything else just doesn't look right.

It's map time for team 4!

OkNm4JhezBonH851ucIlC9PErnsU-9oA2SM1iMIO

Yeah we're gonna have to zoom in for this one.

mGNpYiXRfJHeRvwv8MuqQNc2yLJZIS5189cRQuLt

Team Number 4 is another addition to the South Division and another USFL team ((Mostly because they were the 49ers of the East))... rivals to the Bandits, these are...

THE BIRMINGHAM STALLIONS
kU1NJCEyj0b3V7HdN7KMktjKNdcGf2b3ogA_aLrZ

h2YEgwUG1CM90axCCgxUvFgS7fvvNh47SUgZ2GZU

dusPfUl1HeL7tET-rFmfciukI0MjuVHbk-RJ8KtO

CC if possible, I wasn't sure if I wanted to turn the Alternate into a different color or stay with the black.

Stallions look pretty good.  Major 49ers vibes, but thats ok. Not a huge fan of the empty sleeve caps, especially the white ones on the red jersey. Maybe try moving the numbers onto the sleeve? Maybe try making the caps gold on the home jersey? Idk. Also the collar should be red on the red jersey. With such a classic look different colored collars make it like kinda minor league to me.

As for the ALT, if these are trying to be your version of the 49ers then I would get rid of the black and make a gold jersey with either white or red pants. Then they would have another pants option for the home and road set too. The black looks fine though if you want to have a black set.

Also also, the map images are not working for me.

2 hours ago, GDLions said:

Stallions look pretty good.  Major 49ers vibes, but thats ok. Not a huge fan of the empty sleeve caps, especially the white ones on the red jersey. Maybe try moving the numbers onto the sleeve? Maybe try making the caps gold on the home jersey? Idk. Also the collar should be red on the red jersey. With such a classic look different colored collars make it like kinda minor league to me. 

As for the ALT, if these are trying to be your version of the 49ers then I would get rid of the black and make a gold jersey with either white or red pants. Then they would have another pants option for the home and road set too. The black looks fine though if you want to have a black set. 

Also also, the map images are not working for me.

The pant options generally for the Stallions are gold, red and white.... retro's the original colours, big city is a lighter gold with wine and then there's the Black alt but yeah I might change the collars to turn it into a classic 49ers look.

Archived