The Non-football NFL Concept League - 18/11 Arizona Diamondbacks and Oakland Invaders((16/64))

heavybass

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OQg1CEZlN9LiZi-st-L4nEdCfcYLKkxHc9lSerTv

As you can see here, the new location is in a very obvious place as it's time to talk about the North Division especially if it's in Nebraska... and there was one team that existed in Omaha, Nebraska.....

THE MAMMOTHS

ONwsu7BRGGOY8WV0wffjt1rfiSmF_gM2zEjGfzT5

AwZN-uSaeE1NdkOMO0KrtCJEc2YOOEpoAyHgtUgY

E46uGzpQfPXdalEHjC4ws0u-hb9zvmApgOWqanw0

Why the Mammoths from the FXFL?
I needed a traditional looking team that has an intimidating approach... the Mammoths logo has that intimidation.

Is Nebraska considered a North Division team?
Yep despite being a midwest location, geographically I see them as a Northern Division team that would be closer to Chicago and Minnesota.

Most teams from the FXFL are considered minimalist?
It's also not easy coming up with an concept ideas from minimalist teams such as the Mammoths and another team from the FXFL... the Brooklyn Bolts.

The Mammoths are probably my favorite team so far! My only suggestion would be to add some sort of stripe on the pants, probably matching the helmet stripe. Other than that they look fantastic! Especially love the away set with all that orange and silver

Time for a bit of a traditional team to take center field... let's go to the map.

8OKgEKsEtbemfPxcfU5KuMOEi7t9xGtJ5YOxne6Q

It's in Michigan, near Detroit... and they are not the Lions nor they are the Tigers... they are definetly:

DETROIT RED WINGS

m7FbVAGPkLS1470RxxhG7lHZU8nnSKk6nsD1rpED

ctv7ZinZIDKzNIvTD4Ak2xlpmRtb_-Fhn-6UtNxa

jD258CsX0s0v2BcP6UaePawn1G_9oGkNDo3ew3xg

It's high time for questions...

WHY RED WINGS?

Because I needed a traditional team name and it's heritage that is literally the backbone of the Northern Division...

YOU DIDN'T SUCCOMB TO USING BLACK FOR THE RED WINGS?
Nah Black doesn't look good on them, they have Silver, Heritage White and a third colour I had specific for them... Silver basically becomes their third pant option.

WHY THE PURPLE?
It's actually octopus purple as it's been their tradition since 1958 and I figured, let's turn that into a big city kit to celebrate their traditions.

Since I've had no feedback for the Red Wings, I assume things are good... time to go West! Consult the Map!

g4-vVemKyJNLsXcnbByVRNc8iJ6voFXXhhuYteJu

No brainer where this team is and it's been a difficult reimagining for this one because this team is one of the more beloved basketball teams of the NBA and so to reimagine them for this league without resorting to Basketball has been VERY difficult but I managed it somehow and mostly because a western division needs Seattle in particular they need...

THE (SUPER)SONICS
wxgSUnPdwtLAFEaBut35lBTP6isR0IFcLupV22wn

1xEmBBSioyAbUxClT8MC-qX4V0OGFdYmPZxdfDRv

48sRuHKXr7Dvlu1bIKEcEnW8UWA6h-OPTp3b_Jfl

There are gold pants as an option btw, you do a concept that primarily does green, white and gold and you can only go so far... in this continunity the alternate was basically thought about by an owner that is Austrailian and doesn't care about the politics of the state nor about the feelings of those that complain alot.

• 1 month later...

It has been a month... it has been a long while, I figured I would go ahead with Team 9, let's consult the map.

4B7rPNks96jaiaXZkoruIdoBKA7_U_9sM9Ra7P0o

It's obvious where we're heading... back to Canada! And to add a team that is not CFL nor MLB nor NHL.... instead we're going with the reigning NBA champs here but instead of the We are north BS... we go back to the 90's identity of the only NBA team in the league.

TORONTO RAPTORS!
OHcFUlxhkWjOOG3_A3WUI_jdg3db26Jb_34BC_nR

fWUji2_C7InAftGch0OwNpkRZmLbz-CKszqgOrrK

owJFU0zt4sHACTqrnpDbXesNPgVDxu9ts6h09eTf

Pretty much I went with the original incarnation of the Raptors because that was the idea.... a team born of the 90's should NOT be used as a political tool regardless, they sold their soul to win a title... but here they are who they are, a team that uses purples, reds, greys, whites and blacks to sell the idea that a football team is full of MOTHER EFFING DINOSAURS and you should go watch them because DINOSAURS are cool.

5 minutes ago, TheYellowWolfMC said:

The shoulder logos are overused, i'd suggest removing it from the side detail. But, wow! That looks amazing!

Thank you, I wasn't sure that the concept was going to work... heck I had considered Purple helmets.

Here's the quick fix.

GRymLJA85G2E0A-QM7wZQDcp0osZ45a6ChuJ1QjD

QzelvC2RDhunpejAI5MN6_o-luS8GqPi27H0pzRj

ta9T-JD-NGOgCVDt2zrL05tG7pJrhEYysb-zi5DP

Back to the Eastern division and what better way to do so then by consulting the map!

BUI8Bp5J2KQx7mpV-NGxoioFPly1a_GEZExJdAaI

And we are in the New York area where the first of many teams thrives and if you've been seeing my earlier concepts being made.... this one is the other FXFL team that is noteworthy from the Omaha Mammoths and obviously the harder of the two teams I plan to impliment to this non-NFL league because the team was made in simple terms of uniforms and thus I had a harder time to make them, so when I made a traditional look for the Mammoths... I tried my hardest to make a non minimalist look for the...

BROOKLYN BOLTS
MQbJOEi6kCtpL4Dkuvq23Vz45qFmJTyX5GSEa2_Q
w4I7893QV3Cla-ehhIFTKKN-9rmKLvy5sb6kRS0x

M0oit9XB-H46RP86IB90vCQqw_kVecrZjU-L65Mv

• 2 weeks later...

This thread is now going to go through a major update making the NFL shield much larger... this is the first part of three updates as the last one will be the next 2 teams to be added onto the league... also the league may become 2 leagues because when you think of non-NFL teams, you tend to get some good ideas and then you get some evil ideas.. especially the one about the New England Patriots of the non-NFL league... but I won't spoil on who that is yet.

Anyway here's the first 5 updates.

HARTFORD WHALERS
FrzsgB3BVpa5UN_H6FFpuEADRwP6PmE5oCVsUxEC

QUEBEC NORDIQUES

U9h57qLhlR6FZ6N_jhUmhEHS5KJ5fzner48hwM6J

TORONTO RAPTORS

xQ9_hPnuEqcrMmgjK8WnYJpaCKoENGTV8G1PHiVi

BROOKLYN BOLTS

s0Z4albGcNIxNhcbNWkszbIZBmeEv9PSqujGuNUS

OMAHA MAMMOTHS

pZR2lr_jVWv7X92gPgnLZooer7ntAzGAv2TntZMo

Archived