Arena Football League Page

LWeirich1964

If you notice, there are only five logos in the Arena Football League page (Albany, Baltimore, Cleveland, Philadelphia, and Washington).  Cleveland is on hiatus and the league added two new teams (Atlantic City and Columbus).

21 hours ago, LWeirich1964 said:

If you notice, there are only five logos in the Arena Football League page (Albany, Baltimore, Cleveland, Philadelphia, and Washington).  Cleveland is on hiatus and the league added two new teams (Atlantic City and Columbus).

Facebook page or website? I just looked at the website and I see the current team that are playing logos.

My Alternative History Sports Stories:

CFL-USA - A Different Telling/StL Americans TL

51 minutes ago, Pharos04 said:

Yeah just notice that. Yeah the site needs to be updated to fix that. Sorry, though it was something that the main AFL site did. 

My Alternative History Sports Stories:

CFL-USA - A Different Telling/StL Americans TL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

To be honest, as much as I missed the era of San Jose SabreCats and Arizona Rattlers, AFL should try to spread most to the Eastern cities such as Virginia Beach, Richmond, Charleston and Providence. That would help to grow the league. That's my 5 cents thought 

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

• 2 months later...

"If it moves forward, the AFL may become a traveling league, similar to the Premier Lacrosse League, whereby all players practice in a centralized location and fly to a different city each weekend to play games."

rofl no

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Aaaand so the IFL now becomes the sport's undisputed top tier.  (It was probably the top last year, also.)

I just hope the Nebraska Danger don't fold, so that the brilliant Steve Stein can continue enchanting audiences from the booth. (Seriously, this guy is outstanding; he is major-league calibre.)

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

4 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Aaaand so the IFL now becomes the sport's undisputed top tier.  (It was probably the top last year, also.)

I just hope the Nebraska Danger don't fold, so that the brilliant Steve Stein can continue enchanting audiences from the booth. (Seriously, this guy is outstanding; he is major-league calibre.)

Good talent has a way of being found. I doubt he'll be out of a job for long if the Danger do move/fold. 

2 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

No matter what anyone says, I'm definitely gonna miss the old AFL. Plenty of great times watching on ESPN during the 90s.

I do, too.  Note the logos of the CityHawks and the Dragons in my sig.

But, really, the old AFL folded after the 2008 season.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

From Ron Jaworski“We are ceasing local business operations as we restructure. The Soul and the AFL are not ceasing operations as we explore other options. All operations are running through the AFL office” So basically to put it into the words of former Soul owner Jon Bon Jovi the league is "living on a prayer."

A Statement from the "Im not dead yet" AFL

EIFsErNXUAI6i2D?format=jpg&name=medium

Signature intentionally left blank

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

Welp they died a again. Are we taking bets on if they are going to rise from the dead for a third time?

Doubt it.  The AFL at this point is a tainted name so we're not going to have a repeat of the first go around with the minor league buying the trademarks and assuming the name.  There's no way that the NAL or IFL would want to inherit that baggage.

The ONLY way there's going to be any sort of legacy is if defunct team names get resurrected in the regional leagues by buying the IP through bankruptcy court.

VmWIn6B.png

3 hours ago, Gary. said:

I can see the Philadelphia Soul being brought over to the IFL or NAL and that’s pretty much the only worthy name I can think of.

Glad to see Iowa Barnstormers trademarks have been rescued by the IFL already.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived