LWeirich1964

Arena Football League Page

If you notice, there are only five logos in the Arena Football League page (Albany, Baltimore, Cleveland, Philadelphia, and Washington).  Cleveland is on hiatus and the league added two new teams (Atlantic City and Columbus).

21 hours ago, LWeirich1964 said:

If you notice, there are only five logos in the Arena Football League page (Albany, Baltimore, Cleveland, Philadelphia, and Washington).  Cleveland is on hiatus and the league added two new teams (Atlantic City and Columbus).

Facebook page or website? I just looked at the website and I see the current team that are playing logos.

51 minutes ago, Pharos04 said:

Yeah just notice that. Yeah the site needs to be updated to fix that. Sorry, though it was something that the main AFL site did. 

To be honest, as much as I missed the era of San Jose SabreCats and Arizona Rattlers, AFL should try to spread most to the Eastern cities such as Virginia Beach, Richmond, Charleston and Providence. That would help to grow the league. That's my 5 cents thought 

"If it moves forward, the AFL may become a traveling league, similar to the Premier Lacrosse League, whereby all players practice in a centralized location and fly to a different city each weekend to play games."

rofl no

Aaaand so the IFL now becomes the sport's undisputed top tier.  (It was probably the top last year, also.)

I just hope the Nebraska Danger don't fold, so that the brilliant Steve Stein can continue enchanting audiences from the booth. (Seriously, this guy is outstanding; he is major-league calibre.)

4 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Aaaand so the IFL now becomes the sport's undisputed top tier.  (It was probably the top last year, also.)

I just hope the Nebraska Danger don't fold, so that the brilliant Steve Stein can continue enchanting audiences from the booth. (Seriously, this guy is outstanding; he is major-league calibre.)

Good talent has a way of being found. I doubt he'll be out of a job for long if the Danger do move/fold. 

No matter what anyone says, I'm definitely gonna miss the old AFL. Plenty of great times watching on ESPN during the 90s.

2 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

No matter what anyone says, I'm definitely gonna miss the old AFL. Plenty of great times watching on ESPN during the 90s.

I do, too.  Note the logos of the CityHawks and the Dragons in my sig.

But, really, the old AFL folded after the 2008 season.

From Ron Jaworski“We are ceasing local business operations as we restructure. The Soul and the AFL are not ceasing operations as we explore other options. All operations are running through the AFL office” So basically to put it into the words of former Soul owner Jon Bon Jovi the league is "living on a prayer."

A Statement from the "Im not dead yet" AFL

EIFsErNXUAI6i2D?format=jpg&name=medium

On 7/16/2019 at 8:14 PM, dfwabel said:

Commissioner and CEO of the Arena Football League Randall Boe gets to the crux of the matter quickly in this interview earlier today. They couldn't find three year's worth of investments.