Teams with different home and road colors

17 hours ago, DNAsports said:

To me, this is the most annoying look in the NFL. At least the Buccaneers uniforms actually complete a cohesive look.

I really like the Giants' identity.. to me, it's pretty darn cohesive and I think it offers great color balance (particularly the roads).. and since the two jerseys will never be worn simultaneously, it shouldn't be an issue.. the Texans and Broncos both do a similar thing, and the 90's Vikings had two different templates altogether.. I dig it, and I think it works.. Especially with The team's full color palette being featured on both the helmet and pants.. only change I'd make is have them wear blue socks on the road

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, DNAsports said:

To me, this is the most annoying look in the NFL. At least the Buccaneers uniforms actually complete a cohesive look.

Couldn't agree more. The color rush set (sans GIANTS of course) is how the giants should look on the road, imo. spacer.png

1 hour ago, MattMill said:

Can we lump in the current NBA?

90% of the NBA who now have third and fourth alternates 'we'll wear once' but end up wearing 35% of the time. Identities are muddled. 

Black trim on Lakers jerseys come to mind. Knicks had a jersey that emphasized Navy. The list goes On and on. I'm trying not to lump in their 'classics' because those are obviously retros. But maybe your statements. 

The twolves never wore their lime away from home. And the heat never wore their vice set away from home.  So for some, a huge lime emphasis was not even shown for away crowds. And the teal/pink stayed at home for Miami. 

It's all a mess to be honest. The NBA is ruined. 

To be fair, if we're including alternates this thread could go on forever. Aside from the Lakers' black trim & the lack of navy blue in the Cavs white set, every other NBA team actually has consistent colours across their home & away association & icon looks. 

10 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

To be fair, if we're including alternates this thread could go on forever. Aside from the Lakers' black trim & the lack of navy blue in the Cavs white set, every other NBA team actually has consistent colours across their home & away association & icon looks. 

True but I bet if we looked at the # of times these regular or odd ball sets were worn, a 8 game worn association set that matches a 6 game worn icon means very little when the statement is their actual dominate 'home' jersey, and their city jersey is their away. Both featuring black. So in some sense, they actually do match. Lol

Alternates are one thing. Other leagues get it right. Here, it's a crap shoot. 

I added it up for a couple teams awhile back. The ' majority' set was rarely an association or icon. I guess that's what I'm going by since the NBA themselves got rid of these designations. 

There's no black on the current Atlanta Hawks white set, despite it featuring on their red and black uniforms.

Likewise, there's no gold/yellow on the new Memphis Grizzlies white uniforms but it features on their navy and powder blues.

The Edmonton Oilers wear orange at home now but their road uniforms still primarily feature blue.

The trim on the Colorado Avalanche burgundy jerseys is blue, but there's very little to no blue on their road whites (the numbers and names are in black).

Same thing with the Vegas Golden Knights - black trim on the home unis, no black on the road.

The 2000s Philadelphia Flyers wore one black jersey but had orange trim and numbers on their white set.

5 minutes ago, stumpygremlin said:

Why didn't the Rams fully rebrand when they relocated?

Marketing. They are saving their rebrand for when their new stadium opens. They actually didn't rebrand when they moved to St. Louis, either. At least not until after they won the Super Bowl.

I love the G-Men unis but I wish they would wear the gray pants every game(except color rush of course), like in 2005. They've always been simple in design which is fine by me. I couldn't imagine them in weird piping,nutty helmets or strange numbers. So boring, that's the word I'm looking for.😉

1 hour ago, eastfirst107 said:

80s Braves, no red on the road jerseys...

Print-Quality-Derivative_4.jpg?itok=SNvYrbY19c3bb88042603c273ae492f86b42c50b.jpg

That road jersey would be super sharp if it had some red on it...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 7/11/2019 at 1:16 PM, Olmec said:

Couldn't agree more. The color rush set (sans GIANTS of course) is how the giants should look on the road, imo. spacer.png

The giants are some of the best uniforms in the league right now. They’re classy, and they’ve won (and lost) a lot in them. I think this would be a good alt, it’s a really sharp uniform, I just prefer the currents

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

On 7/11/2019 at 1:16 PM, Olmec said:

I'm not a huge fan of all white football uniforms.  Usually I think they're a little bland.  I prefer colored pants for most teams with their white jerseys.  But this is a sharp set, especially with the glossy helmet.

The 2001 (and surrounding years) Diamondbacks fit this bill pretty well.

randy-johnson-of-the-arizona-diamondback NYP2001103105.jpg

With the exception of small hints in the sleeve/cap logos, black only appeared on the road jersey (where it was the dominant color!), while teal only appeared on the home sets.

They’re both among my favorite baseball jerseys, even if they weren’t a great cohesive unit together.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived